Area X/NAWAC updates?

dopelyrics

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

As I recall he had been wounded and suffered some sort of brain injury with resulting mental disability.

I don't recall her mentioning her brother being wounded.   He has Aspbergers.   I suspect she might, also, though undiagnosed.   She's great one on one, handles a small group of very close friends well, but in a bigger group, she'll throw out irrelevant things at random times as if she feels she has to contribute something but has nothing on topic to say.  I feel sorry for her at times.   Some people she thinks are her very good friends are needlessly harsh behind her back.   She's trying, dammit, she's trying, and among supposed friends that should count for more than it seems to.    Honestly, there are not too many people in the BF world I'd rather just walk along a trail BS-ing and decimating the berry crop as we did a few years back in Idaho.  

MIB

On 7/3/2019 at 8:50 AM, Huntster said:

Staring is taken as a threat by canines, too. Same with ungulates. 

But keeping your eyes on a potential threat is common sense, as well. So what's a bigfoot hunter to do?

I read a great story years ago from an AK hunter that got cornered by 3 BFs.  His only response was to sit down and look at the ground.  After yelling at him for a while they slowly disappeared.  The hunter never visited that area again.

• Upvote 1

I am not sure but I am always going to keep my eye's on the threat and be the apex. As far as I am concern it is do or die so my eye's are going on the threat and backing out slowly and never showing my back. I have never encountered a bear so not sure what I will do ,but I am sure I am not going to turn and run. I am going to keep my eye's on the bear and look to see how the bear is reacting. Have the bear spray ready and back out slowly wit my eye on it while letting that bear know who I am. 

With the bigfoots well there really not much I can do about them. Just have my gun ready or my bow and arrow set and hope I live through it like I have like other times. It does not matter if you look at them or if you put your eyes to the ground cause if they are going to have there way with you and there are more then one it is going to happen whether you like it or not.  All I can say is that death is nothing but a mere second so always have your affairs ready. 

41 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

I am not sure but I am always going to keep my eye's on the threat and be the apex. As far as I am concern it is do or die so my eye's are going on the threat and backing out slowly and never showing my back. I have never encountered a bear so not sure what I will do ,but I am sure I am not going to turn and run. I am going to keep my eye's on the bear and look to see how the bear is reacting. Have the bear spray ready and back out slowly wit my eye on it while letting that bear know who I am. 

With the bigfoots well there really not much I can do about them. Just have my gun ready or my bow and arrow set and hope I live through it like I have like other times. It does not matter if you look at them or if you put your eyes to the ground cause if they are going to have there way with you and there are more then one it is going to happen whether you like it or not.  All I can say is that death is nothing but a mere second so always have your affairs ready. 

Good advice on that last sentence.

I'm a little confused by the rest...will leave it at that.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, MIB said:

I don't recall her mentioning her brother being wounded.   He has Aspbergers.   I suspect she might, also, though undiagnosed.   She's great one on one, handles a small group of very close friends well, but in a bigger group, she'll throw out irrelevant things at random times as if she feels she has to contribute something but has nothing on topic to say.  I feel sorry for her at times.   Some people she thinks are her very good friends are needlessly harsh behind her back..........

You know this woman, too?

BFF Patron
17 hours ago, MIB said:

I don't recall her mentioning her brother being wounded.   He has Aspbergers.   I suspect she might, also, though undiagnosed.   She's great one on one, handles a small group of very close friends well, but in a bigger group, she'll throw out irrelevant things at random times as if she feels she has to contribute something but has nothing on topic to say.  I feel sorry for her at times.   Some people she thinks are her very good friends are needlessly harsh behind her back.   She's trying, dammit, she's trying, and among supposed friends that should count for more than it seems to.    Honestly, there are not too many people in the BF world I'd rather just walk along a trail BS-ing and decimating the berry crop as we did a few years back in Idaho.  

MIB

You could be right.    I knew he had some sort of mental disability.     He was not related and the dad took him in, so I thought he might have been a disabled veteran because of their family history.     Do I remember her saying that the young man used to wrestle with one of younger BF?    The BF apparently liked and trusted the young man.   

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

I believe MIB has met her at a camp in Northern Idaho.   There was a group there that interacted with the local BF.     I was invited then disinvited when my science rubbed the camping group the wrong way.  Much more to the story but all I want to say.  

On 7/6/2019 at 10:09 AM, SWWASAS said:

I was invited then disinvited when my science rubbed the camping group the wrong way.

That sounds like an awkward moment.

Edited by Arvedis

4 hours ago, Arvedis said:

That sounds like an awkward moment :dontknow:

It seems rather common nowadays. Everybody has their own science now. Pretty soon we'll start calling the different varieties "sects".

12 hours ago, Huntster said:

Yes, absolutely.    There was a small group of friends that met a couple times a year in various states for bigfoot-related campouts and occasionally went to conventions as well.   I was able to break away to join them maybe once a year.  The last time was Idaho (SWWASAS mentioned that) but I'm in touch with most of them still.   I think that was 2015.    Times change, life changes, people who once gathered instead scatter.  

MIB 

• Upvote 2

Saw a new podcast come through my feed. AreaX is still active but apparently not as active in documenting their activity. The podcast covered the experience of a new person introduced to the area. He has been squatchin for a while but first time at that location.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/apes-among-us/id1161431357?mt=2

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
BFF Patron

I'm cross posting this new thread post of mine from media/podcasts NAWAC Apes Among Us Podbean Podcasts to the general forum, 1) Because it involves NAWAC and 2) It seems the media section is where all things BF go to die and not be resurrected similar to the Campfire Chat for anything of significance in the general forum. 

Insert:  Just listened to the Episode 6 -- Citizen Scientists and realized it was Dr. Angelo Capparella at 1:35:10 into the podcast,  that Dr. Bindernagel  recommended I contact with  suspect vocalization soundfiles.  https://nawac.podbean.com/

I made the attempt but never heard from the guy and never had the time to recontact him in case he lost my email/soundfile (if Dr. Capparella is reading or someone has an email I can reach him outside of academia please contact me by PM, I owe it to John Bindernagel to make this followup).   He is heavily into the NAWAC now having gone on some expeditions and was on the board of the international society of crytozoology board https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Society_of_Cryptozoology

and was on expeditions into Six Rivers/Siskiyou with Richard Greenwell and company prior to Greenwell's death in 2005.  

Despite my lack of contact from this guest, I do think he has an overarching interest in the target species and is an advocate for collection of a type specimen and does not think DNA will do the trick

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Just a prediction of their naive idea that them shooting one will solve the whole Bigfoot thing only to see the Feds swoop in to shut them down, during or after the fact. The Olympic project is more multifaceted in my opinion.

Any organized group SHOULD be able to arrange for the shooting, removal, and storing/hiding of a BF if they are doing so on their own private land.   I’m going to go out on a limb and say the feds are not watching them 24/7.   

BFF Patron

Twist:    If they keep a lid on it and avoid electronic communication they likely could keep the acquisition secret.     Problem being that most of these groups seem to want publicity.      Have blogs,  websites, produce videos,  etc.     If I were tasked to keep an eye on all things BF by the government,   I would be a member of this and every other public forum just to see what people doing research are up to.    It should be noted that some of the more active researchers are no longer a member of this forum.   I will not postulate a reason because they probably vary.   

• masterbarber pinned and unpinned this topic