Area X/NAWAC updates?

dopelyrics

Anyone going into the wood, Forrest without a weapon. In my opiun, doesn't know a **** thing about the wilderness and shouldn't be out there in the first place.  Especially if you know there is 300-700 lbs animal in area weather BF or a bear.  

BF, Bears and Cats... Dont care if you have a gun... until you pull it. There is no way of them to  know.  But by not having one, you put, not only yourself - but the people that are around you in danger.

A mother with young wont just get up and leave... She will stay and fight until the threat is gone... Why would anyone put themselves in that position.  

Done with rant!!!!! Do any of you you fine folks listen to sasquatch Chronicals podcast?

I'm much more afraid of snakes than bears, cars, and bigfeet. I was bitten by a very small rattlesnake when I was 16, and it was a significant event in my life. 

54 minutes ago, Franco said:

Anyone going into the wood, Forrest without a weapon. In my opiun, doesn't know a **** thing about the wilderness and shouldn't be out there in the first place.  Especially if you know there is 300-700 lbs animal in area weather BF or a bear.  

BF, Bears and Cats... Dont care if you have a gun... until you pull it. There is no way of them to  know.  But by not having one, you put, not only yourself - but the people that are around you in danger.

A mother with young wont just get up and leave... She will stay and fight until the threat is gone... Why would anyone put themselves in that position.  

Done with rant!!!!! Do any of you you fine folks listen to sasquatch Chronicals podcast?

Some of them don’t care even if you pull it. 

23 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I'm much more afraid of snakes than bears, cars, and bigfeet. I was bitten by a very small rattlesnake when I was 16, and it was a significant event in my life. 

I am sure it was.... Glad you made it threw.... ****.. 

I had a 2 1/2 footer decide my sleeping was a good place to take a nap once... I Decided, I would never camp in the desert again. 

9 minutes ago, norseman said:

Some of them don’t care even if you pull it. 

Truth.... But a shot in the air... changes their mind, pretty quick most times

25 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Knowing your acerbic constitution, I'm willing to bet the snake didn't survive the encounter (whether you fought back or not. You probably poisoned the poor critter. )

1 hour ago, Franco said:

Maybe, maybe not.  I’m only  in Michigan so the “predators” are small But in all my years camping I’ve never had more than a buck knife. I’m leaving Monday morning for a trip up north.  One pocket knife and a buck knife is all I’ll have aside from eating utensils.   Never had an issue yet and surely not concerned about defending against BF, would love to see one though! 

2 minutes ago, Twist said:

Maybe, maybe not.  I’m only  in Michigan so the “predators” are small But in all my years camping I’ve never had more than a buck knife. I’m leaving Monday morning for a trip up north.  One pocket knife and a buck knife is all I’ll have aside from eating utensils.   Never had an issue yet and surely not concerned about defending against BF, would love to see one though! 

UP north in Michigan I think you are OK with a Knife.... I was more pointing towards NW Oregon, Washington State, Tennessee, WV- Some serious wilderness... We camp all the time... Mostly Primative and I always have a weapon with me. I dont always carry it, except when I am going deep.... But it always with me.   

But just in case, I bring a few of my kids with us, they are my escape Plan... " Son I love you, I will always remember you...Good Luck... See you at the car, Maybe"   LMAO

Just Kidding it would be one of my daughters... Snort, giggle....

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Twist said:

Moose are more dangerous than Bears. I’ve had buddies that couldn’t get out of a tree for hours. Joggers get attacked in Spokane. I know Michigan has Moose, and Bears.

Ive never needed fire insurance for my house but I’m damn glad I have it.

Knives are fine, but be prepared to dance with the devil and loose body essentials. I prefer bringing down the thunder at a distance if at all possible.

• Upvote 2

Yeah there are definitely different levels of danger based on geography.   I feel fortunate to be in a state that has relatively low threats.  I am however missing out on some amazing wild life.  

37 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Knowing your acerbic constitution, I'm willing to bet the snake didn't survive the encounter (whether you fought back or not. You probably poisoned the poor critter. )

LOL........that little serpent, along with a few of its siblings, were bludgeoned to death. If I had more time, I would have begun a hunt to kill all snakes in the wider area, but I had a 6 or 7 mile hike to get back to my car, and then a 30+ mile drive on windy mountain roads to get to a hospital.

41 minutes ago, norseman said:

Moose are more dangerous than Bears. I’ve had buddies that couldn’t get out of a tree for hours. Joggers get attacked in Spokane. I know Michigan has Moose, and Bears.

Ive never needed fire insurance for my house but I’m **** glad I have it.

Knives are fine, but be prepared to dance with the devil and loose body essentials. I prefer bringing down the thunder at a distance if at all possible.

Now that is what I was talking about, better to have than not....  Plus tapping a squirrel  here is always fun....

31 minutes ago, Huntster said:

LOL........that little serpent, along with a few of its siblings, were bludgeoned to death. If I had more time, I would have begun a hunt to kill all snakes in the wider area, but I had a 6 or 7 mile hike to get back to my car, and then a 30+ mile drive on windy mountain roads to get to a hospital.

LOL... Should of gone back and took a few more... But I am a Sicilian ... LOL

Edited by Franco

13 minutes ago, Franco said:

...........Should of gone back and took a few more........

I went back to that very special spot several years later, but no rattlesnakes. It is now a desert bighorn sanctuary, which is appropriate, because I saw bighorns there twice over the years. It used to be a pretty special place. It looks like a circus in there now. Lots of YouTube videos of the place.

5 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I went back to that very special spot several years later, but no rattlesnakes. It is now a desert bighorn sanctuary, which is appropriate, because I saw bighorns there twice over the years. It used to be a pretty special place. It looks like a circus in there now. Lots of YouTube videos of the place.

Thanks is wrong... in so many many ways......... Oh well

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Twist

I still will take my pistol with me Twist since you have those wacko's out there that you might meet up with in the middle of nowhere. In the eight years that I have gone up north in Michigan I have yet to see a black bear and still no luck. Yet I have better luck seeing a bigfoot then a black bear so there must be some thing wrong with this picture. Now I know I am not hallucinating and I am positive of what I have seen and have experienced. When I had that first sighting and I had my pistol if I would have shot it l sure as heck would not have been here now alive. So I feel like I have done the proper choices in my life that has kept me alive to be able tell people my encounters. What I do not understand is if it was the choice of the creatures to keep me alive or other wise I should of been one of those who should 've been in the missing list.  

Now this might sound strange to most of you but I feel like I have a purpose why they never did nothing to me. The truth is I am not sure if others who have gone through similar experience as myself feel the same.  But I am assuming that they do . That expression of us being selected keeps coming up . But I think that this happens with most who have seen these creatures and we question ourselves why? 

BFF Patron

I think we in Western Oregon and Washington have to thank the First Peoples who lived here for centuries that there are no rattle snakes West of the Cascades.   They must have systematically eradicated the ones that were in the area.   EIther that or the snakes got tired of being flooded out of their burrows by all the rain.   I wonder what their oral history says about that?  I think it almost criminal that  historians did not spend more time with the NA getting their oral histories before the culture was lost.   

• masterbarber pinned and unpinned this topic