Sign in to follow this  
Admin

The Actual Developing Of The Pgf (3)

Huntster
On 3/9/2019 at 10:08 AM, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Lol. Criticizing a book you haven’t even read........

More like condemning a book I have no intention on wasting my time with after reading exhaustive reviews. I have no requirement to follow stupid with more stupid so you can like me.

..........Tells me all I need to know about you and that I need not waste my time with you. Thanks tons.

C'mon over to the Tar Pit so I can really tell you what I think.

Catmandoo
BFF Donor
4 hours ago, Backdoc said:

We have info from Frank Ishihara on developement and that is good.

Are there other “Franks” out there? He may be the General but you would think there would be some Captains and Majors out there in the Kodak world who would be knowledgeable.  Maybe not as knowledgeable but still very knowledgeable.

BD, I will be frank with you.  Kodachrome film was developed in special processors, unique chemistry and there were not very many labs that could do the work.  E-6 chemistry processing was cheaper and faster.   It was easier to mail the Kodachrome away to a competent lab.

Squatchy McSquatch
1 hour ago, Huntster said:

More like condemning a book I have no intention on wasting my time with after reading exhaustive reviews. I have no requirement to follow stupid with more stupid so you can like me.

C'mon over to the Tar Pit so I can really tell you what I think.

Lol I don’t post here so you can like me. Unfortunately a general member cannot actively place a premium member on ignore. It’s one of the reasons I’ve not gone premium. I don’t think anyone should be arbitrarily required to view my content just because ‘paid member’. I wouldn’t subject my worst enemy to my opinion without option of an ignore function of some sorts wrt this site ;)

But what the heck—I’ll make you a deal. I’ll come play with  you in the Tar Pit if you meet me over at ISF :)   

sounds fair, yes? 

A copy of MOB  has been ordered and is on its way. Iirc there’s an entire chapter on DeAtley and a subsection devoted to the processing timeline.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Huntster
On 3/13/2019 at 4:22 PM, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Unfortunately a general member cannot actively place a premium member on ignore.........

I didn’t know that. See? Even people I don’t like can tell

me things I don’t know!

I never ignore anybody electronically. I might blow their posts off regularly, but I usually speed read just about everything.

.........It’s one of the reasons I’ve not gone premium. I don’t think anyone should be arbitrarily required to view my content just because ‘paid member’. I wouldn’t subject my worst enemy to my opinion without option of an ignore function of some sorts wrt this site.......

Apparently, just like SCOTUS ruled, money can buy rights in all the right places.

........But what the heck—I’ll make you a deal. I’ll come play with  you in the Tar Pit if you meet me over at ISF.

sounds fair, yes?.......

Sounds very fair, and I’d love to, but I’m afraid that money can’t buy rights in places like the ISF. After several thousand posts (almost exclusively in the Religion and Bigfoot subforums), I’ve been banned there for years. 

• Downvote 1

SweatyYeti

^

You are simply wasting your time with Squatchy, Hunster.  You're also dignifying his worthless posts, by responding to everything he writes. 

I highly recommend using the electronic Ignore-o button. The fact of the matter is....you are missing nothing, by missing everything he posts. :) 

• Downvote 1

Huntster

I understand your opinion, Sweaty, and I agree to a point. Squatchy is unlikely to learn a thing regarding this phenomenon. 

But I learn lots from people like him.

Like you, I spent a good amount of time at JREF (you're still there slugging it out, aren't you?) The education on human psychology, especially regarding denialism, God-hating, and group behavior, was very important to me at that point in my life and as society races to complete breakdown. 

Does Squatchy use the same moniker at ISF? I'd love to go there and read his posts.

SweatyYeti
3 hours ago, Huntster said:

I understand your opinion, Sweaty, and I agree to a point. Squatchy is unlikely to learn a thing regarding this phenomenon. 

But I learn lots from people like him.

Like you, I spent a good amount of time at JREF (you're still there slugging it out, aren't you?) The education on human psychology, especially regarding denialism, God-hating, and group behavior, was very important to me at that point in my life and as society races to complete breakdown. 

The skeptics, and scoftics, certainly would make for a great study in human psychology, Huntster.  ;)  To see how freely otherwise intelligent people will disregard clear, and unambiguous details on a film subject....(details which have never been seen on a 'monkey suit')....is absolutely fascinating.....and mind-boggling, to me. 

Somehow, the human brain...when working with a strong belief, and bias...has the capability of shutting-out/rejecting any evidence which conflicts with their beliefs. Hence...many realistic details visible on Patty, which have never been seen on suits....are simply dismissed, as illusions on film....or "film artifacts". 

As far as me posting there....I haven't posted anything for several years, now.....(other than one very short period of time, right after kit's banning from here).  I could post there regularly, and probably get lots of attention....but I simply don't care about them, and their closed-minded viewpoints. 

Does Squatchy use the same moniker at ISF? I'd love to go there and read his posts.

Yes, he does.  I think you'd find his, and the gang's, posts interesting to read. :) 

Huntster
5 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

...........Somehow, the human brain...when working with a strong belief, and bias...has the capability of shutting-out/rejecting any evidence which conflicts with their beliefs. Hence...many realistic details visible on Patty, which have never been seen on suits....are simply dismissed, as illusions on film....or "film artifacts".........

I think that anatomist D.W. Grieve nails it in his 1972 analysis of the PG film when he wrote that his "subjective impressions have oscillated between total acceptance of the Sasquatch based on the grounds that the film would be difficult to fake, to one of irrational rejection based on an emotional response to the possibility that the Sasquatch actually exists. This seems worth stating because others have reacted similarly to the film." 

Fear. The "irrational rejection" is most often a way to mitigate the monster hiding under the bed, or in the forest. In the case of denialists, their rejections based on fear extend beyond the monster in the forest to include threats throughout the universe and spiritual dimensions, and is a denial so strong as to include anger toward those who essentially force them to accept these dangers by proving or seeking to prove their existence.

Twist

Any examples Huntster, of PGF skeptics here on the BF that have posted about their fears of Patty being real?  Proponents often claim skeptics can’t deal with her being real but I don’t recall reading such posts.   I’m not a member at the other forum and have only briefly viewed it a few times so not sure if that’s where the opinion comes from. 

Squatchy McSquatch

^^^

The opinion comes from a tenuous     and poorly applied understanding of the concept of cognitive dissonance.

23 hours ago, Huntster said:

Sounds very fair, and I’d love to, but I’m afraid that money can’t buy rights in places like the ISF. After several thousand posts (almost exclusively in the Religion and Bigfoot subforums), I’ve been banned there for years. 

Why am I not surprised?

DF165258-1F28-4FB2-9C9B-CABD3FE220EC.gif.976fd78b7fdf6496c68212fff34f5bd0.gif

Huntster
4 hours ago, Twist said:

Any examples Huntster, of PGF skeptics here on the BF that have posted about their fears of Patty being real?.......

None here or elsewhere. In fact, the only mention of the emotional side of it that I can find is that of Dr. Grieve, which is why I quoted him. Especially among men, and especially among men who put forth a persona of high intelligence (which is key for the denialist community), any expression or admission of fear is extremely unlikely. But I'm pretty confident that it is, indeed, fear that is a big part of the basis of denial with resoect to God and sasquatch among denialists.

26 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

..........Why am I not surprised?

You shouldn't be surprised. I am confrontational, fearless, and will not back down when I'm sure that I'm correct. I am banned in public discussion everywhere by those in power except where prohibited by law, like legal public forums (where I remain feared and despised). I openly admit that I dislike this world of wimps and cowards, and I'm best when kept in the wilderness with the sasquatches. I do not play meaningless games well with others at all.  It is downright miraculous that I posted for nearly four years and several thousand posts on JREF before geing banned, and it was essentially so because I was among the few antagonists who bothered to stay and banter with the yuppie attitudes there, and the moderators outright came out and admitted it. You are essentially blathering in an echo chamber, you're learning nothing, and frankly it's the best place for a mentality like yours. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Twist
34 minutes ago, Huntster said:

None here or elsewhere. In fact, the only mention of the emotional side of it that I can find is that of Dr. Grieve, which is why I quoted him. Especially among men, and especially among men who put forth a persona of high intelligence (which is key for the denialist community), any expression or admission of fear is extremely unlikely. But I'm pretty confident that it is, indeed, fear that is a big part of the basis of denial with resoect to God and sasquatch among denialists.

Thanks for the response.  Thought maybe I was missing something on here.  I have a hard time, even as a Christian and from a Christian perspective, understanding why people would fear the existence of BF anymore than other large animals.   They wouldn’t affect my world or religious views anymore than other primates or past hominids.  I would love to see one with my own eyes some day.

Squatchy McSquatch

Perhaps your inability to separate sasquatch from god could be part of the problem.

You shouldn't be surprised. I am confrontational, fearless, and will not back down when I'm sure that I'm correct. I am banned in public discussion everywhere by those in power except where prohibited by law, like legal public forums (where I remain feared and despised). I openly admit that I dislike this world of wimps and cowards, and I'm best when kept in the wilderness with the sasquatches. I do not play meaningless games well with others at all.  It is downright miraculous that I posted for nearly four years and several thousand posts on JREF before geing banned, and it was essentially so because I was among the few antagonists who bothered to stay and banter with the yuppie attitudes there, and the moderators outright came out and admitted it. You are essentially blathering in an echo chamber, you're learning nothing, and frankly it's the best place for a mentality like yours. 

Sounds like you’re a legend in your own mind.

• Upvote 1

Huntster
1 hour ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Perhaps your inability to separate sasquatch from god could be part of the problem...........

Now, that's an interesting reply. Since I fully accept the Roman Catholic description of God, how can I confuse Him with a flesh and blood creature? I will admit that for most of my life I believed sasquatches to be bipedal apes, but have recently come to believe that they're hominins, but that's a far cry from deifying them.

...........Sounds like you’re a legend in your own mind.

No legend about it. All of my online activity occurred rather recently, not historically........since Al Gore invented the internet and global warming. My profile remains on ISF for your review under the name Huntster. 

• Downvote 1

Huntster
2 hours ago, Twist said:

.........I have a hard time, even as a Christian and from a Christian perspective, understanding why people would fear the existence of BF anymore than other large animals.   They wouldn’t affect my world or religious views anymore than other primates or past hominids.........

To a weak mind like those on ISF, a sasquatch is the unknown monster of fairy tales, not a hominin or primate. Think of how Europeans thought of gorilla legends for thousands of years before 1850. They were monsters. To this day, Bigfoot movies are either documentaries describing the search for the truth (the mentality of those like us), or they're monster movies with sasquatches jumping out of the darkness and tearing people apart. Of course, we now also have the Rainbow Sasquatch phenomenon first proffered by Harry and the Hendersons in the 1990's where we now have sasquatches with the morals of Buddist monks who transcend time and space like angels.......even though they still look and smell like gorillas.

The religious aspect of the ISF mind is a phenomenon all in and of itself. If you want an education of God hatred, go check it out. Be careful discussing their god (James Randi). 

Edited by Huntster
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sign in to follow this