Sign in to follow this  
Admin

The Actual Developing Of The Pgf (3)

OldMort
23 minutes ago, PBeaton said:

Remarkably, we have witnesses to the development of the film, yet it was still developed. An we don't have any record of where or when the film was developed, yet it was still developed.  

Pat... 

Pat. I think you know better than that. :no:

Who are the witnesses to Patterson's story?

Gimlin doesn't count since he was apparently "involved".

Yes, of course it was developed. What are you trying to say?

PBeaton

oops, I forgot the don't between the we an have, thus the...yet it was still developed.

You're sayin' the reporters story tellin' of what Patterson told him doesn't corroborate Gimlin's claim ?

What I was tryin ta say was just because we don't have witnesses of the event or a record of the flight, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Not only was the first film developed without witness or a record of where, but so was the second film. 

Twist

Concerning the information provided by HMB, the actual developing of the film seems very unlikely in a private lab or any type of weekend processing in the NW.   Does that mean it had to go south to San Francisco for processing?  Is that not the next closest location for a K2 processing?  That seems to really complicate the timeline, IMO.

• Upvote 1

OldMort

^^^ I think that HMB's new information has cleared up many of the misconceptions that have been offered here as far as a weekend processing in Seattle.

Also, having confirmation from Frank that the film could have been processed Sunday night and been ready for viewing Monday morning, kills any notion that it was processed earlier on Sunday at great cost (hundreds or possibly even thousands of $'s) as well as risk.

"If the film was delivered to one of Talls Camera Stores on Saturday, it still would not have been processed until Sunday night and been available for delivery on Monday."

If the film could have been developed through regular channels at minimal cost (probably under $20) and be ready for viewing Monday, why would anyone be foolish enough to spend a massive amount more so they can view it a few hours earlier?

And this, as far as arranging such a "special processing"...

"From Frank’s email message of June 23, 2017, discussing the complexity of secretly processing the PGF: “DeAtley's remarks do not hold water. I would give DeAtley a lot of credit for being able to find any lab on the west coast, make contact with a management person (on the weekend?) to authorize and bring in operators(s) to process it (the film), then pay them off. Now we are looking at thousands of dollars. And he would have to negotiate deals with more than one person, maybe weeks in advance.” Frank said keeping the after-hours processing a secret made no sense."  

17 hours ago, Twist said:

Does that mean it had to go south to San Francisco for processing?  Is that not the next closest location for a K2 processing? 

"Frank was very clear in his belief when he stated, “I had the only Kodachrome processing operation in the state of Washington. The nearest other Kodachrome processing lab was in San Francisco”.

Since we have independent corroborating statements from John Green and Rene Dahinden that the film was contained in a yellow Kodak box and that the film had a "Processed by Kodak" leader (observed by Rich Vedvick, owner of Forde Lab, during the initial copying of the film), it seems more likely that the film was processed at the Kodak Regional Lab in Palo Alto Ca.

However, it will probably take a thorough examination of the film original to ultimately confirm this.

Edited by OldMort
  • Upvote 1

Twist

^ Agreed Mort,  looks like this dead horse still has a bit to offer us.   

Squatchy McSquatch

^^^ even a dead horse needs a kick every once in awhile:)

Backdoc
BFF Donor
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:48 PM, PBeaton said:

Patterson's first interview.jpg

I think it is interesting in this article they say, "...as Roger Patterson spoke to The Times-Standard last night, his film was already in its way by plane to his hometown for processing..."

If the film is real,  there is no way they go to that trouble unless they were completely confident they film could be developed on Saturday.  This for me would be supported by the idea they early on Fri or Sat arranged for the film viewing party.  You don't schedule these guys to show up Sunday unless you are pretty confident the finished film product would be available by the time the viewing was to take place.  It seems even then the film was arriving late after the guest arrived and waited and waited.

Doesn't prove it is real but it really seems interesting the tone of this article. 

OldMort

^^^ What is the "tone of the article" in your opinion?

52 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

"...as Roger Patterson spoke to The Times-Standard last night, his film was already in its way by plane to his hometown for processing..."

According to the article the film was being shipped to Yakima. What happened next there as far as getting it processed, in your opinion?

Edited by OldMort

Backdoc
BFF Donor
8 hours ago, OldMort said:

^^^ What is the "tone of the article" in your opinion?

According to the article the film was being shipped to Yakima. What happened next there as far as getting it processed, in your opinion?

Nothing in the article tells anything groundbreaking as a smoking gun.  However the  film got delivered to Al,  there is that uphill battle to get it developed on a Saturday.

I just think it is fascinating in this article we have the only real snapshot— given by a 3rd independent party — in “process” between the encounter and the showing.  Assuming no earlier development date, I think it is pretty cool to read something where the encounter has occurred but the film and the results of the filming have not yet been realized.

The point of the thread still exist though:  the weakest link is the availability of developement between Friday and Sunday afternoon.

MIB
21 hours ago, OldMort said:

Past exposure to the media leaves me with little faith in their ability to report accurately.   I wouldn't count, at all, on any of the specifics regarding timeline or route of the film's travels. 

What piques my curiosity, makes ye olde eyebrow raise, is H-M-B's apparent suggestion that Frank Ishihara retained enough doubt that the film could not have been processed in Seattle that he wanted to see the original to see if it was marked by his mods to the development process.     To me that smidge of doubt in his mind leaves the door open.   It can't be conclusively closed based on what is known at this point.  

MIB

OldMort
3 hours ago, MIB said:

It can't be conclusively closed based on what is known at this point.  

Yes, I agree and have stated so. It will take an examination of the lost film original before any possible conclusions can be drawn.

3 hours ago, MIB said:

What piques my curiosity, makes ye olde eyebrow raise, is H-M-B's apparent suggestion that Frank Ishihara retained enough doubt that the film could not have been processed in Seattle that he wanted to see the original to see if it was marked by his mods to the development process

HMB also cautioned against drawing that very inference from what was merely a subjective observation on his (HMB's) part:

"The business about Frank wanting to examine the original film is a subjective observation on my part. Frank always thought he would be able to examine the original film and that it would provide a simple answer to where the film was NOT processed. I have run his willingness to examine the film past others who see it as an effort on Frank's part to vindicate his lab and put suspicions to rest about Technicolor. On the other hand, it can be construed as there might have been a small doubt in his mind about their lab security. I only bring it up as he made a statement that seemed frustrated by not being able to examine the original film and I would be remiss for not mentioning."

Either way, rather than latching on to one subjective lifeline, I think its important that we view Mr. Ishihara's remarks in their entire context. 

His expert testimony provides a mountain of evidence which doesn't bode well for Patterson's alleged processing scenario.   

SweatyYeti
1 hour ago, OldMort said:

Either way, rather than latching on to one subjective lifeline, I think its important that we view Mr. Ishihara's remarks in their entire context. 

His expert testimony provides a mountain of evidence which doesn't bode well for Patterson's alleged processing scenario.   

So it seems, Mort....but, as I see it.....Al DeAtley's reaction at the end of his interview by Greg Long does bode well for Roger's alleged processing scenario. 

Long 'hit a nerve' with his observation regarding Al's "failed recollections". And, a simple 'earlier processing date' does not account for that harsh reaction of Al's....(nor for his continual "memory failure".) :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

OldMort
10 minutes ago, SweatyYeti said:

And, a simple 'earlier processing date' does not account for that harsh reaction of Al's....(nor for his continual "memory failure".) :)

So what does account for it in your opinion?

PBeaton

OldMort,

Do you think the news article corroborates Gimlin's claim of shoppin' the film ?

Pat...

OldMort

^^^ Yes, it corroborates that he made that claim.

It doesn't corroborate whether or not that claim is true.