Sign in to follow this  
Admin

The Actual Developing Of The Pgf (3)

SweatyYeti
1 hour ago, OldMort said:

You don't know, you don't need to know, but you do know what it isn't...

So even though you don't need to know, do you have any ideas on what it is?

That's correct, Mort....I am 100% certain that Al's harsh reaction to Long's observation...(and his continued failure to recall details)….was not due to a simple 'earlier processing date'.  :) 

As for what detail of the processing is causing Al this trouble...there has already been at least one reason proposed. You can run with that one, if you want.

As for myself...it doesn't matter. The only thing that does matter, to me....is what it was not. ;) 

MIB
5 hours ago, PBeaton said:

Ishihara also makes mention of the license Tall purchased from Kodak, that came with a great many stipulations on developin' film etc..

Is it possible that is the reason for keepin' the person an location of developin' a secret, so it wouldn't jeopardize his licensin' agreement with Kodak ? 

I'd say that is the single most reasonable scenario presented for any answer so far.   It is one where all of the pieces fit, no cherry-picking to discard evidence necessary. 

MIB

• Thanks 1

Twist
1 hour ago, MIB said:

I'd say that is the single most reasonable scenario presented for any answer so far.   It is one where all of the pieces fit, no cherry-picking to discard evidence necessary. 

MIB

In what scenario does Tall have to do this secretly?  He’s the owner and man in charge, he had no secret to keep, he’s not in fear of losing his job.   So when doing a special government job of a bomb explosion Tall will involve Frank to help out but BF is to top secret??? Can anyone provide ANY ties of Al to Tall?   

The mental gymnastics some will do.....

• Upvote 2

OldMort
1 hour ago, Twist said:

Its all good Twist... Its to be expected.

When the confirmation bias kicks in and the wagon circling begins, its always a sure sign that an uncomfortable truth has finally been realized.

cherry-picking-salesforce-cases-01.png.42bce3949ad7d85c7016e5dd3d56dab1.png

• Upvote 1

PBeaton
2 hours ago, Twist said:

In what scenario does Tall have to do this secretly?  He’s the owner and man in charge, he had no secret to keep, he’s not in fear of losing his job.   So when doing a special government job of a bomb explosion Tall will involve Frank to help out but BF is to top secret??? Can anyone provide ANY ties of Al to Tall?   

Frank explained how the license purchased from Kodak bound Technicolor to a multi-faceted agreement. The agreement was actually for the protection of both the licensee and Kodak. It allowed Kodak to perform on-site inspection and certification of the laboratory, the logging of all films processed by the laboratory and making the logs available for periodic review, and monitoring of the lab by Kodak to assure chemicals and equipment and trained personnel were used by the lab in keeping with predefined operational standards. Kodak was also required to make certain chemicals and precursor materials available to the licensee. He explained that violating the agreement could potentially jeopardize the license and of course any investment associated with the license. Frank believed Leonard Tall, the owner, would never jeopardize his considerable investment and Technicolor’s license by allowing the use of the lab outside the confines of the license protocol and agreement. Certainly, any employee caught violating the protocols would be terminated.

I've mentioned this twice already Twist, he may have been the owner, but he had signed a contract with Kodak. Ishihara even mentions violatin' that contact could jeopardize his license an thus his business. Why do you think Ishihara brought that up ?

For the government job, he brought in Ishihara, perhaps that was part of the contract with Kodak, that the process was not to be done alone for liability reasons. Again, Ishihara has said... "Working outside lab policies could risk a mistake that would invoke a violation of the license with Kodak."

Tall owned multiple camera stores if I recall, all it takes is a call to one by DeAtley, he explains he is in need of gettin' a film developed, gets Tall's number. DeAtley says he'll make it worth his while, Tall knows he can do it easy enough but tells DeAtley he could loose his license, DeAtley says he'll keep it a secret were he got it developed. 

See the source image

• Upvote 1

Twist

^^^ lmao, so you live in a world that Tall, an owner of 3 camera stores, may lose his license from Kodak if he is known to have processed this film on Saturday for Al, despite there being protocol in place to do processing on Saturdays?  Let me guess, it was such an offer Tall could not resist.....  Remind me what version of Al we are talking about, depending on the day he’s a meager business owner with tax problems and the next he’s almost a Mafia level business man of great influence.   😂🤣😂

I give Pbeaton a 4.8 on the uneven bars. Lol

Edited by Twist
  • Upvote 1

PBeaton
3 hours ago, Twist said:

^^^ lmao, so you live in a world that Tall, an owner of 3 camera stores, may lose his license from Kodak if he is known to have processed this film on Saturday for Al, despite there being protocol in place to do processing on Saturdays?

Twist,

I've explained things pretty simple, usin' what Ishihara said on the matter. 

What was the protocol for developing film on a Saturday ?

Could Kodak have required processing film to be a two man job(liability), as described by Ishihara when the two men went in an developed film on a Saturday ? 

Could Kodak protocol be for the reason Ishihara mentioned .."Working outside lab policies could risk a mistake that would invoke a violation of the license with Kodak." 

3 hours ago, Twist said:

Let me guess, it was such an offer Tall could not resist.....  Remind me what version of Al we are talking about, depending on the day he’s a meager business owner with tax problems and the next he’s almost a Mafia level business man of great influence.   😂🤣😂

The offer isn't what's important here Twist, what is important an what we're discussin' is could Tall have developed the film that weekend. You can laugh about this or that all you like, but the question remains.

Could Tall have developed the PGF on that October weekend ?  

What...what's that Twist...oh ya, Ishihara said he didn't think Tall would risk loosin' his license by doin' somethin' so risky, but he also said..."..the only person other than himself at Technicolor capable of processing Kodachrome film without assistance was his boss Leonard Tall."  :O ...:lol:

3 hours ago, Twist said:

I give Pbeaton a 4.8 on the uneven bars. Lol

Is it possible Tall could have developed the PGF that weekend ? :popcorn:

Pat...

ps: I'm fine with uneven bars...:drinks:

30328E5E00000578-3401008-image-a-41_1452875755812.jpg

• Haha 2

Twist
4 hours ago, PBeaton said:

ps: I'm fine with uneven bars...:drinks:

Lol,  I’ll get time later to respond to the whole post but I have to chime in on this now,  best response I’ve read this week, comedy gold!   🤣😂

PBeaton
On 2/20/2019 at 10:47 AM, OldMort said:

^^^ I think that HMB's new information has cleared up many of the misconceptions that have been offered here as far as a weekend processing in Seattle.

In HOLDMYBEER's new information he says Ishihara said..."..the only person other than himself at Technicolor capable of processing Kodachrome film without assistance was his boss Leonard Tall."   

15 hours ago, OldMort said:

Its all good Twist... Its to be expected.

When the confirmation bias kicks in and the wagon circling begins, its always a sure sign that an uncomfortable truth has finally been realized.

OldMort,

Simple yes or no question. 

Could Tall have developed the PGF on that October weekend in question ? 

Pat...

PBeaton

"..the only person other than himself at Technicolor capable of processing Kodachrome film without assistance was his boss Leonard Tall."   

😉

Squatchy McSquatch
1 hour ago, OldMort said:

No, I don't think so Pat.

No, I don’t think so either.

Squatchy McSquatch

Anyone here with a copy of MOB?

What’s it say wrt Mr. Tall?

PBeaton

Huh ! From HOLDMYBEER's info. on the matter, Ishihara said Tall was both capable of processin' a Kodachrome film on his own, as well as capable of processin' Kodachrome film outside normal hours. 🤔

"..the only person other than himself at Technicolor capable of processing Kodachrome film without assistance was his boss Leonard Tall."   

"Frank indicated that Leonard Tall was the only other individual at the Technicolor lab capable of processing a Kodachrome film outside of normal hours."

🤨

Sign in to follow this