Dyatlov Pass Incident Reopened

Cotter

Don't expect much. From the new inspector:

"There is not a single proof, even an indirect one, to favor this (criminal) version. It was either an avalanche, a snow slab or a hurricane,” he said

I have read about this and watched several related videos 

I tend to believe the avalanche, hypothermia hypothesis. Animals after death scavenging the eyes and tongue. 

Falling in a ravine for the broken bones. 

Not really much of a mystery to me. 

The idea of Sasquatch and the Patterson film subject is much more interesting. 

I'm curious as to what the autopsy reports say.  I don't know whether the Russians (soviets at the time) required autopsies after death in unknown circumstances or not, but I would hope they did.  If they didn't, there's no way to say which injuries were peri- and which were post-mortem, meaning there's no way to prove one way or the other.  "IF" they did, would they even release that information?

Admin

I am certainly not an expert, but from what I know of the Soviets, they most likely conducted very intensive autopsies and examinations of the bodies.

Fascinating story.  No clue what happened as you really cannot trust what is presented in shows on the incident.  However, looking at the raw pictures clearly show it is not a result of avalanche.

5 hours ago, NCBFr said:

Fascinating story.  No clue what happened as you really cannot trust what is presented in shows on the incident.  However, looking at the raw pictures clearly show it is not a result of avalanche.

I don't think it was an avalanche either.

Obviously nothing to consider here. 

I am not surprised by the responses. 

I would expect no less from people who are easily convinced that mythical creatures exist. :D

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin
  • Downvote 1

While I believe that reopening a case decades old like this without compelling new evidence is usually silly, I will opine that Russians are more likely to "discover" these hominids before North Americans are. 

SSR Team
7 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Obviously nothing to consider here. 

I am not surprised by the responses. 

I would expect no less from people who are easily convinced that mythical creatures exist. :D

Maaannn.