A "ghost population"

NatFoot

21 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing. 

Sounds like alien intervention and or God. 

That, or a more human ancestor that is still around today...just throwing it out there since it's a BF forum and many claim they saw very human like BFs.

Or, the machines are now proving the existence of God or aliens...or maybe they're one in the same?

Interesting time to be alive ...and to think I wish I was born in the 1920s?

That is an excellent observation to bring up on a Bigfoot forum. 

I am a man of science and faith and open to the possibility of both being true and one and the same. 

I am fascinated by the past and would like to visit  but certainly not on a permanent basis. 

My grandfather, a man of faith and an engineer by trade, always said he absolutely believes there is a God but he is an engineer of some sort. ;)

I agree with him. The case for intelligent design alongside of evolution and science is a marriage made in heaven. 

Pun intended. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

God isn't an engineer, he's a programmer.   There is so much in the nature of the universe that reflects what I would do if I were running a truly massive simulation that I believe that's exactly what we are experiencing.   Holographic universe .. at least at a quantum level.    Mathematical consistency of physics across detectable space.    Etc etc etc.   It's a freakin' MODEL.   I could probably write 50 pages on the parallels between "reality" and a good computer simulation .. including what appear to be flaws.

The spooky and unsettling question if that's the case ... what are WE?   Are we part of the design or are we a defect?

The implication .. or an implication .. is there may be MANY programmers each running their own simulation, each with its own particulars.   Alternate / non-Euclidean geometries, "realities" where constants like pi, phi, Euler's number, and Avagadro's number all have different values than the ones we are used to thus things work in a consistent but, to our perspective, skewed, manner.  

And somewhere out there, there's another you and another me, also spooked and unsettled wondering what they really are.

... just don't think about it too much.  It will make you crazy.   (That's a hint from an inside observer.  :))

MIB

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Wow. That is a lot to digest and a very interesting hypothesis. 

Even more amazing is I actually understood it.

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Wow. That is a lot to digest and a very interesting hypothesis. 

Even more amazing is I actually understood it.

I would like to understand it more. Look for a PM shortly, @MIB

I agree and think he should explain further in detail on this public forum. 

So others could understand in greater detail.

He is a member I trust and respect. We got off to a shall we say rocky start, but set aside our differences and beliefs mostly due to Norsemans intervention. 

15 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I agree and think he should explain further in detail on this public forum. 

So others could understand in greater detail.

He is a member I trust and respect. We got off to a shall we say rocky start, but set aside our differences and beliefs mostly due to Norsemans intervention. 

PM already sent. To hell with ya'! :P

I will add: at least I'm debating this (and BF ) with a serious curiosity and not just "going with the flow" of life.

For the poster who seems to have been exiled by family because of this interest, I would call for some introspection. If they are your family and they love you, BF is not the only reason you're being treated this way (or your perception of such treatment). Take care brother.

Edited by NatFoot

Is it possible that these 'ghost genes' are just genetic variables from either or Neanderthal or Denisovan that have not been represented in the prior genetic analysis of specimens from either species?  I'm not sure that this option can be ruled out, but none-the-less there is still an unknown or 'ghost' population to contend with.  Interesting article thanks for linking it!

Edited by Old Time Lifter

I view all of this with more than a high degree of skepticism. It should not have required an AI analysis (the climate guys call that "computer modeling") for geneticists to have known that somebody was in the mix and is "missing". It's like finding an extinct polar bear in the Himalayas within randomly selected samples picked up in the area, then yawning with a scientific "result" that it isn't a yeti. AFAIC, this is the equivalent of modern climate or weight loss "science", and I have a unique mixture of sea snake oil and organic sea weed grown in a desert that will grow hair between a bald man's toes for sale on discount.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I view all of this with more than a high degree of skepticism. It should not have required an AI analysis (the climate guys call that "computer modeling") for geneticists to have known that somebody was in the mix and is "missing". It's like finding an extinct polar bear in the Himalayas within randomly selected samples picked up in the area, then yawning with a scientific "result" that it isn't a yeti. AFAIC, this is the equivalent of modern climate or weight loss "science", and I have a unique mixture of sea snake oil and organic sea weed grown in a desert that will grow hair between a bald man's toes for sale on discount.

I'm not sure this is a 'modeling' program at least not in the nature of climate modeling.  With computer modeling, there is always a bias built-in from the bias of the programmer(s).

It's sort of like polling, how you phrase the question has a great (GREAT) deal to do with the answers that you're going to receive.  In general, I don't trust polls... and computer modeling is in the same boat IMHO.

Three distinct species. It boggles my mind. What would it feel like walking down a path in a forest with your tribe and running into an 8 feet tall  Denisovan going the other way, or a Neanderthal family?

And then deciding "Yeah, I'd tap that" lol!