Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NatFoot

A "ghost population"

Recommended Posts

Huntster
BFF Donor
6 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Three distinct species. It boggles my mind. What would it feel like walking down a path in a forest with your tribe and running into an 8 feet tall  Denisovan going the other way, or a Neanderthal family?

 

And then deciding "Yeah, I'd tap that" lol!

 

I'm Louisiana Cajun/Creole.........IOW, "mixed race". I find homo sapien race issues amusing at times, boring at other times, and infuriating most of the time. My family will "tap" anybody of the opposite sex, and we've proven it over and over. 

 

Even though I married a very white Danish/English woman, I do tend to prefer dark meat in both fried chicken and women. If I run across them in the forest (chicken, grouse, or dark women), I salivate profusely...........

Edited by Huntster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Time Lifter
48 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Three distinct species. It boggles my mind. What would it feel like walking down a path in a forest with your tribe and running into an 8 feet tall  Denisovan going the other way, or a Neanderthal family?

 

And then deciding "Yeah, I'd tap that" lol!

 

What makes you think they were 8' tall?  I don't think we've found much for remains (just teeth and bones from fingers if I remember correctly) from them so projecting a height seems difficult.  If you know of a reliable source that quotes this I'd love to see it. (and please nothing that is claiming them to Nephilim or any such silliness)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Time Lifter

image_369.jpg

2 hours ago, norseman said:

 

Their estimate seems a bit generous based on the findings on this site.  Something about the site you linked seems a bit dodgy but I confess I haven't looked into it too deeply.

http://www.sci-news.com/othersciences/anthropology/article00369.html

 

And those aren't Denisovans either to be picky... ;)  

 

 

 

Edited by Old Time Lifter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Time Lifter

Okay, I looked around the site you linked with the extreme height claims... when I said it was 'dodgy' I was WAY, WAY, WAY too kind.

 

My advice for what it's worth... don't take anything from that site for anything more than entertainment value.

 

Added, and though it's not mentioned in the page you linked the site does talk about the Nephilim... smh.

Edited by Old Time Lifter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patterson-Gimlin
12 hours ago, Huntster said:

 

I'm Louisiana Cajun/Creole.........IOW, "mixed race". I find homo sapien race issues amusing at times, boring at other times, and infuriating most of the time. My family will "tap" anybody of the opposite sex, and we've proven it over and over. 

 

Even though I married a very white Danish/English woman, I do tend to prefer dark meat in both fried chicken and women. If I run across them in the forest (chicken, grouse, or dark women), I salivate profusely...........

Awesome response.  I prefer white chicken and women of any color .Just saying 😀😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
21 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

..........I prefer white chicken and women of any color .......

 

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried dove, quail, or grouse breast? 

 

Mmmmmmm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patterson-Gimlin
5 minutes ago, Huntster said:

 

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried dove, quail, or grouse breast? 

 

Mmmmmmm!

Dove and quail and I like them . The only issue I have with them is it takes so many to fill me up. Tell me about grouse. Is it similar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor
8 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Okay, I looked around the site you linked with the extreme height claims... when I said it was 'dodgy' I was WAY, WAY, WAY too kind.

 

My advice for what it's worth... don't take anything from that site for anything more than entertainment value.

 

Added, and though it's not mentioned in the page you linked the site does talk about the Nephilim... smh.

 

Im much more curious about the photo of the large femur.

 

Denisovans are a step directly below Hedelbergensis

 

If the photo is real? We had some bigger cousins in times gone by.

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Dove and quail and I like them . The only issue I have with them is it takes so many to fill me up. Tell me about grouse. Is it similar?

 

No. Blue grouse are the size of chickens. Even Ruffed grouse are much bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
8 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Dove and quail and I like them . The only issue I have with them is it takes so many to fill me up. Tell me about grouse. Is it similar?

 

Yes, most grouse is very similar to dove and quail, but a little larger. Ruffed grouse meat is lighter in color than the othe subspecies common in Alaska; ptarmigan, spruce grouse, and blue grouse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Time Lifter
13 hours ago, norseman said:

Denisovans are a step directly below Hedelbergensis

 

If the photo is real? We had some bigger cousins in times gone by.

 

 

I'm afraid that is not the correct direction of the relationship:

 

H. heidelbergensis was dispersed throughout Eastern and Southern Africa (Ethiopia, Namibia, Southern Africa) as well as Europe (England, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Portugal, Spain).  Its exact relation both to the earlier Homo antecessor and Homo ergaster, and to the later lineages of Neanderthals, Denisovans, and modern humans is unclear.

 

I have my doubts (extreme doubts) about the honesty of the photo given the site from which it originates.  Your mileage may vary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Time Lifter

Your earlier post though concerning height is somewhat reprieved by the following (though it's still Heidelbergensis and not Denisovans and it's 7' and not 8'.  But, I do thank you for your earlier post as it has led me to some interesting reading.  God bless!

 

According to Lee R. Berger of the University of the Witwatersrand, tibia and femora remains indicate that populations of H. heidelbergensis between 350,000 and 400,000 years ago were routinely over 2.13 m (7 ft) tall. According to him, this was a short-lived experiment that lasted during a grassland expansion, which lead to very large ungulates and antelopes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor

Have there been any fossils of Homo denisova other than a single finger bone? If not, how can that give us any understanding other than its DNA signature? Certainly we can't determine average height, range, etc, can we?

 

Edited to add: Denisovans were LARGE:

 

http://www.sydhav.no/giants/denisova_tooth.htm

 

......The only Denisova remains discovered so far are the finger bone, two teeth and a toe bone, - so it is difficult to say exactly how this homo species looked like.

But the first tooth found is the largest homo tooth ever found; it was so large that the archaeologist at first mistook it for a cave bear tooth! The finger bone was unusually broad and robust, well outside what is seen in modern people........

Edited by Huntster
Add Info........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Time Lifter
2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Have there been any fossils of Homo denisova other than a single finger bone? If not, how can that give us any understanding other than its DNA signature? Certainly we can't determine average height, range, etc, can we?

 

That's another thing to look into.  ;)

 

I've been chasing after Heidelbergensis and will have to look into that too. :D 

To muddy the waters I ran into this article which isn't new but is interesting to me anyway:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/05/homo-naledi-human-evolution-science/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Time Lifter
11 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Have there been any fossils of Homo denisova other than a single finger bone? If not, how can that give us any understanding other than its DNA signature? Certainly we can't determine average height, range, etc, can we?

 

Edited to add: Denisovans were LARGE:

 

http://www.sydhav.no/giants/denisova_tooth.htm

 

 

 

 

That looks like another dodgy site to me....

 

They were more robust than MODERN MAN... that doesn't say much archaic Homo Sapiens were more robust than we are too, they WERE NOT GIANTS! 

 

It looks as far as size and robust nature they were on par with Neanderthals which were also much more robust than Homo Sapiens.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denisovan

Anatomy[edit]

Little is known of the precise anatomical features of the Denisovans, since the only physical remains discovered thus far are the finger bone, two teeth from which genetic material has been gathered, and a toe bone. The single finger bone is unusually broad and robust, well outside the variation seen in modern people. It belonged to a female, indicating that the Denisovans were extremely robust, perhaps similar in build to the Neanderthals. The tooth does not share the derived morphological features seen in Neanderthal or modern human teeth.[25] An initial morphological characterization of the toe bone led to the suggestion that it may have belonged to a Neanderthal-Denisovan hybrid individual, although a critic suggested that the morphology was inconclusive. This toe bone's DNA was analyzed by Pääbo.[33] After looking at the full genome, Pääbo and others confirmed that humans produced hybrids with Denisovans.[34]

Some older findings may or may not belong to the Denisovan line. These include the skulls from Dali and Maba, and a number of more fragmentary remains from Asia. Asia is not well mapped with regard to human evolution, and the above finds may represent a group of "Asian Neanderthals".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×