hiflier

Low End Gear And Research Equipment

Catmandoo
BFF Donor

Redbone, does the dog chew on the tennis balls?

I just checked other equipment for height determination.  That pole is a good price.  The telescopic builder poles, aluminum or fiberglass start out at over $70. I saw a 13' telescopic pole on sale for $46.  The painter pole has them beat, plus you can paint and wallpaper too.

Edited by Catmandoo

Redbone
SSR Team
1 hour ago, Catmandoo said:

Redbone, does the dog chew on the tennis balls?

I just checked other equipment for height determination.  That pole is a good price.  The telescopic builder poles, aluminum or fiberglass start out at over $70. I saw a 13' telescopic pole on sale for $46.  The painter pole has them beat, plus you can paint and wallpaper too.

My Redbone Coonhound (Redbone - get it?) is getting very old and doesn't chew on anything but his own food. He had 16 teeth removed last year.

2072927883_Hunter033119.jpg.57a95cbc3bdea963fc0b988833a695e5.jpg

I do keep it out of reach of my son's beagle. She usually has a rope toy in her mouth when she feels the need to chew.

I had looked at other poles and noticed the same thing with high prices. Menards does have this same pole in shorter versions which would be easier to carry around, but as you can see, we've already needed 11 feet. I keep mine in my Suburban and only grab it when needed.

The flaw with my cheap poles is that you need to be careful not to twist them too tight or you can't break them loose to extend them. Mine were in a flood in 2016 so that didn't help. I originally used them as temporary poles to hold up my camper awning, but they were not well suited and my awning got destroyed during a storm anyway.

Madison5716

Redbone, very smart! Great idea!

Catmandoo
BFF Donor

I consider cell phone cameras low end, very low end.  Pay attention to the below comments.  I do not have these items so your mileage will vary.

Possible help for your techniques might, repeat might be found  at 2 sites.  Topaz labs has something called Topaz Gigapixel AI.  Claimed to make your phone camera images look better and bigger.

FocusStacker app at georgedouvos.com         for persons who may not understand depth of field and hyperfocal distances.

http://www.georgedouvos.com/douvos/OptimumCS-Pro%3B_TrueDoF-Pro%3B_Focus_Stacker.html

( I can see it now, really big, really bad blobsquatches )

hiflier
BFF Donor

Hmmm. Maybe someday if I happen to have $25,000 burning a hole in my pocket ;) 

SWWASAS

As I have found I have about 3 times that tied up in my airplane's present value but zero results using it to look for BF.   I suspect a noisy drone would be less successful  than the airplane.   On the other hand boots on the ground does not cost much of anything and that has given positive results.    Throwing money at the problem has not been proven to work.   

• Upvote 1