Researchers — be brave!

Wolfjewel

For folks who post here and feel discouraged by criticism, I found this quote from social work professor/NYTimes best selling author Brene Brown:

“If you are not in the arena getting your ass kicked on occasion, I’m not interested in or open to your feedback. There are a million cheap seats in the world today filled with people who will never be brave with their lives but who will spend every ounce of energy they have hurling advice and judgment at those who dare greatly. Their only contributions are criticism, cynicism, and fear mongering. If you’re criticizing from a place where you’re not also putting yourself on the line, I’m not interested in what you have to say.”*

Powerful stuff. While I wouldn’t feel comfortable saying this about or to everyone, I’ll put it out there’...if the shoe fits wear it.

*”Dare to Lead” Daring Greatly and Rising at Work, Brene Brown, Ph.D., LMSW, Random House 2018

• Upvote 4

And on that note, no response yet on my second email to the Washington State Department Of Natural Resources regarding their visit to the Olympic Project's nesting site.

Edited by hiflier
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

And on that note, no response yet on my second email to the Washington State Department Of Natural Resources regarding their visit to the Olympic Project's nesting site.

Waiting on the hypercritical post later tonight where you tell us we aren't doing our part 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

“If you are not in the arena getting your ass kicked on occasion, I’m not interested in or open to your feedback. There are a million cheap seats in the world today filled with people who will never be brave with their lives but who will spend every ounce of energy they have hurling advice and judgment at those who dare greatly. Their only contributions are criticism, cynicism, and fear mongering. If you’re criticizing from a place where you’re not also putting yourself on the line, I’m not interested in what you have to say.”*

I have been wearing those shoe's since the first day I signed on this forum back in 2000 and I have never stopped. I have posted every encounter I have had with these creatures no matter how bad the criticism I have never stopped. Others have just left rather then stick it out and claim their encounter to be true. One might not have the proof does not mean it did not happen . But the evidence that was left is real  and that is good to whom who has had the encounter.

It is the running away when one is critical that gets me. If what you know is true then why run and soak your self that they were so critical of me . If what you know is true then that should make you fight harder to what you know is true. It is easy to be critical but it is how we handle it that makes us who we are.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

Waiting on the hypercritical post later tonight where you tell us we aren't doing our part 

What. And have me waste more of my time and energy? My time and energy is better spent sending emails.

8 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

Powerful stuff. While I wouldn’t feel comfortable saying this about or to everyone, I’ll put it out there’...   

if the shoe fits wear it.

An old cliche`.  I prefer to use lines from the king of one-liners:  Yogi Berra;   "When you come to a fork in the road, take it"   and    "If you do not know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else".

It is not possible to hurt my feelings. I only have one feeling remaining.  I have no problem with tweaking forum members ( within the rules ). This forum used to have a 'flaming emoticon' but it was taken away. The old days had harsh episodes.

In the past, I been very busy with work. I am gearing up for an active 2019. I am modifying equipment currently and will have some posts. Stay tuned and visit tar pit more often.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, hiflier said:

What. And have me waste more of my time and energy? My time and energy is better spent sending emails.

Check your own posting history, friend.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, hiflier said:

hiflier, you live in Maine? There are Sasquatch's and how is the nest situation in Maine?  You email the DNR in Washington State. You really expect an answer?  Time and money is the deciding factor for spending DNR money on cryptids. No money. We have the highest gas taxes and compare our roads to Oregon. State spending is a mystery here.  Bypass Washington State government.  Boots to the ground, citizen science is the way.  The problem is that media dollies, entertainment groups and those with IMDb pages have destroyed any credibility with citizen science concerning Sasquatch. Kick them to the curb.

Good luck with emails, they are just streaming one's and zero's.

• Upvote 1

No reason to worry about any of that stuff on a bigfoot  forum.  We are all here for the information. Even me a  skeptical nonbeliever.

And I am too. But don't forget, I just a little ol' random person, remember? You know what I what I really like? Being dumped on by members. And for what? Trying to go head on with a source that MUST KNOW if Sasquatch exists? Yep, that's certain to draw out criticism and calls about how useless the endeavor is. Reason? Because rather than get on board and write emails themselves they have chosen the path of ranking on one of their own members for it. No support, no encouragement. Just out and out PUBLIC slaps to my face. There is such thing as integrity and TBH, in this regard, I have seen very little of it.

There is no excuse for any of that kind of treatment really. No one wants to take on the DNR? Fine. Don't. But don't condemn someone who will take on the DNR and does. Why? Because if the DNR has time to go to a nesting site and thinks it is important enough to do so then the whole idea that they cannot pursue Sasquatch is smoke and mirrors and some of that smoke and mirror stuff comes right from this Forum. In y honest opinion? There is no good reason to NOT write these emails because I'm not content to see the same discussions go round and round like they have for the last 5+ years. Or in reality, the last 50. Wanna hang me out to dry? Fine. Do it. But I'm not stopping until I get a response from the DNR.

Maine has not sent its DNR to any nesting sites. Washington has. Big difference folks. Or haven't you noticed? Or don't you even care.

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

And I am too. But don't forget, I just a little ol' random person, remember? You know what I what I really like? Being dumped on by members. And for what? Trying to go head on with a source that MUST KNOW if Sasquatch exists? Yep, that's certain to draw out criticism and calls about how useless the endeavor is. Reason? Because rather than get on board and write emails themselves they have chosen the path of ranking on one of their own members for it. No support, no encouragement. Just out and out PUBLIC slaps to my face. There is such thing as integrity and TBH, in this regard, I have seen very little of it.

There is no excuse for any of that kind of treatment really. No one wants to take on the DNR? Fine. Don't. But don't condemn someone who will take on the DNR and does. Why? Because if the DNR has time to go to a nesting site and thinks it is important enough to do so then the whole idea that they cannot pursue Sasquatch is smoke and mirrors and some of that smoke and mirror stuff comes right from this Forum. In y honest opinion? There is no good reason to NOT write these emails because I'm not content to see the same discussions go round and round like they have for the last 5+ years. Or in reality, the last 50. Wanna hang me out to dry? Fine. Do it. But I'm not stopping until I get a response from the DNR.

Maine has not sent its DNR to any nesting sites. Washington has. Big difference folks. Or haven't you noticed? Or don't you even care.

I have supported you in your efforts to reveal evidence from the DNR?

Every single forum member here has strengths and weaknesses. We are much stronger working together versus apart. With that said there will always be naysayers and thats OK. 

Dont get caught up in the negativity. Not every idea is a home run either. Progress lurches forward bumbling along sometimes.

But I for one would be very interested in what the DNR had to say about those nesting sites!

Hopefully at some point you will get an answer! Thumbs up!

hiflier, go to Campfire Chat, 9 down is my thread "Sasquatch as Official State Cryptid" . 1970, 3 years after the PGF, Gov. Dan Evans signs a joke proclamation to make Sasquatch the state monster. State government has been sitting on it for quite awhile.. In 2017, state senate bill 5816 was/is a bill to make Sasquatch the state crpytid. It did not make  the floor for a vote. I am not sure if the bill is dead.

If you want to send a lot of emails, I suggest that you email the State senators and representatives. They are located between the Cascade Mountains and Olympic Peninsula------- centrally located to big hairy mammals.

Good luck with the emails.

• Upvote 1

Thank you both! Maybe if the 'cryptic' is admitted to be real the state may look with favor at Sasquatch become your official state monster :)  You'll be buried even more in tourists than you are now and all of you can become tour guides ;) I can hear it now"....and if you will all follow me over here I will show you yet another small tree break believed to be caused by our state monster."

Just teasing you of course.

6 hours ago, norseman said:

We are much stronger working together versus apart

What is not to like about hearing that. Mainly because it is so true.

7 hours ago, hiflier said:
13 hours ago, norseman said:

We are much stronger working together versus apart

What is not to like about hearing that. Mainly because it is so true.

It is easy to break a twig. It is far more difficult to break a bundle of twigs.

• Thanks 1

Brene Brown's stuff is great, I enjoy her books and insights. Nice quote.

My armchair research days are over, for now at least, and I'm enjoying having boots on the ground as long as my feet hold out (i e experience plantar fasciitis). However, all those years reading and thinking about the experiences and insights of others have been a gift. I've decided to post my stuff regardless of what folks think so that others can read and make their own conclusions as I did. I appreciate discussions and the wisdom of folks further along this journey than I.

We all have different lives and experiences. That's what makes life interesting and some times challenging. To each his own and as long as you don't behave poorly directly to me, we'll get along fine. Act like an ass to me, and I'll just ignore you. .Life's too short and there's so much to explore and experience! I'd rather be off in the woods poking around. Cheers!

Edited by Madison5716