norseman

Mountain Beast snow tracks

norseman

langfordbc

Hard to say without seeing them in person and getting some measurements. The trackway isn’t as linear as I’ve come to expect of suspected genuine tracks - but that’s just a layman’s observation. Snow is an unforgiving medium for hoaxers though...

Catmandoo

I do not like the tracks, especially the 'heel strike' on some views. The track maker climbs through the fence instead of striding over it.  Poor measuring.  The actors are visiting the location with more people and equipment for future episodes.

Funny,  I don't think that they are wearing snowshoes. 'Post holing' is not fun and you can't cover much territory at speed without tiring yourself out.

Patterson-Gimlin

Typical snow tracks easily faked and highly inconclusive,   Thanks for sharing. I like his videos and on several occasions he agrees with me about snow tracks. 

norseman

Snow tracks are not easily faked...

NathanFooter

Faking snow tracks is very difficult as you follow them for miles.    There are tracks that have been followed for over 3 miles in deep snow with no change in stride or transition, several of these trackways show " post hole " prints where it is very clear that the subject has to be very tall to lift the leg high enough to plant the foot straight down to apply weight. 

If human with short legs is trying to do this then it becomes apparent with toe drag and  forward sliding heel marks as he is trying to span the distance, humans can't do this for miles on end without giving themselves away.  We are not built to accomplish this movement let alone in the environment these things call home. 

That being said, I think we need more information on this before it is safe to say it is anything of significance. 

Edited by NathanFooter
Additional info added.

norseman

Tracks are never significant.

Its whats at the end of them that is.....

Snow tracks are the key. Other than heavy snow fall or drifting? If I found a good set of tracks in the snow? The track maker is as good as dead. There is no escape.

• Upvote 1

adam2323
5 hours ago, norseman said:

Couldn’t agree more probably the hardest medium to hoax a trackway in is the snow

Patterson-Gimlin
On 2/10/2019 at 1:38 AM, norseman said:

Maybe faked is the wrong answer. 

How about difficult to ascertain what made them. Certainly can't say it is a Sasquatch. I am no expert but soft snow tracks I have seen don't have the form of mud or loamy type soil. 

I have saw pictures of tracks in  hard snow that are of good quality such as Lord Hunts of the Yeti.

norseman
28 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Maybe faked is the wrong answer. 

How about difficult to ascertain what made them. Certainly can't say it is a Sasquatch. I am no expert but soft snow tracks I have seen don't have the form of mud or loamy type soil. 

I have saw pictures of tracks in  hard snow that are of good quality such as Lord Hunts of the Yeti.

The better question? Is to ask what did make them? And start whittling it down from there. 

Patterson-Gimlin

It seems to me that bears or tall humans would be good choices. 

Other than undocumented man apes what other possibilities do you think could be responsible for the tracks. 

NathanFooter
2 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Other than undocumented man apes what other possibilities do you think could be responsible for the tracks. 

Snow trackways in the dead of winter in places like Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Idaho and regions across Canada would suggest bear are mostly out of the question. Take hibernation out of the equation and you will find they simply can't walk in deeper snow in any way that could impress someone as a biped. Human tracks certainly could explain a few of these events ( in this MBM case it very well could be people ) but there are glaring examples that can't be explained away simply by tall people.  

norseman
5 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Ok.

Im 6'3".... Im a tall human. The average man is 5'9"? So if the tracks are doing something I cannot do? Odd.

Bears? Are quadrapeds. They also hibernate in winter. So their bellies drag in deep snow in the odd chance one woke up early.

Which leaves ungulates like Moose, Elk and Deer or non hibernating predators like Cougars, Wolves, etc.

In several of his tracks? I see large toes. That would mean super tall human is walking around barefoot in snow and cold?

Its a good mystery fer sure....

I see tracks in snow and start working backwards.... one time in my life I checked all of the boxes of known animals and was left wanting.

Usually..... most always its a known animal. And I take great pleasure in identifying animal tracks in a winter wonderland!

Around 4:35, i think I see toes.

norseman

I just bought Tatou 4S tracks for my Yamaha Grizzly today.

Surgery (Two cervical artificial discs to fix myelopathy) is slated for March 13.

Im really hoping to catch the tail end of winter in the mountains.

This is the key that unlocks the door for the pro kill crowd. Snow tracks..... Higher Primates do not  hibernate. Cutting fresh tracks is how we hunt other elusive animals like Cougar. 

wiiawiwb

The distance between each track seems significant.  You can fake that for a very short distance by jumping, and even that you better do perfectly,  but for a trackway it's not going to work. 

I tell people who don't believe to go ahead and try to fake a trackway for 100', with considerable distance between tracks, then let's look at your creation.  Invariably, they can't do it and end up falling down somewhere in their trackway.  I've done it with friends of mine and they quickly realize how difficult it is. The difficulty scale rises geometrically the deeper the snow is.

In my opinion, a trackway in the snow is the gold standard of footprints. You can't fake it then cover it up.

• Thanks 1