British Columbia - Feet

Somerset

Admin
26 minutes ago, Somerset said:

BigFoot anyone?

The thought has occurred to me, but I wonder if it's a serial killer instead.

The ones that have washed ashore do so because sneakers float. Makes one wonder how many are on that seabed that were not wearing sneakers :O 

The 14th one was just last may. Macabre.

One could say they had belonged to missing persons washed out to sea who rode the current from Japan after the Fukushima tsunami but some DNA test say otherwise.

Some have been identified through DNA. Those were victims of tragic accidents; plane crashes, boats sinking, bridge jumpers, that sort of thing. No apparent BF connections!

• Upvote 1

What BC Witness said.   There's info about a number of the feet, all y' gotta do is do an internet search to see it.  Of course, if reality interferes with your preconceived notions, maybe you shouldn't, too.  :)

MIB

Serial killer, suicide, boating accidents, known animal attacks, alien abduction, workplace accident and someone dumping the body to avoid OSHA, etc etc.

:P

4 minutes ago, MIB said:

What BC Witness said.   There's info about a number of the feet, all y' gotta do is do an internet search to see it.  Of course, if reality interferes with your preconceived notions, maybe you shouldn't, too.  :)

MIB

Imagine that.

Apparently these cases go back 100 years or so.    Because quite a few bodies have been identified, their causes of death have also been identified, and they're not the same.     They're all "decomposed off", not cut, and apparently the shoes protect the feet so they decompose more slowly and stay in the shoe thus separating from the rest of the body.    So ... sounds dark and mysterious but instead it's just sorta gross.   I won't be picking up any shoes out of the ocean any time soon.  :)

MIB

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MIB said:

Apparently these cases go back 100 years or so.    Because quite a few bodies have been identified, their causes of death have also been identified, and they're not the same.     They're all "decomposed off", not cut, and apparently the shoes protect the feet so they decompose more slowly and stay in the shoe thus separating from the rest of the body.    So ... sounds dark and mysterious but instead it's just sorta gross.   I won't be picking up any shoes out of the ocean any time soon.  :)

MIB

I would have thought the fish and crabs would have taken care of any stinky flesh...... huh.

Amazing.

On 2/15/2019 at 6:18 AM, norseman said:

I would have thought the fish and crabs would have taken care of any stinky flesh...... huh.

Amazing.

The foot is enclosed in the shoe and thus protected.  Most shoes are made with foam soles nowadays.  When the foot rots off the shoe floats away, carrying it away from crabs and such to wash ashore later.  That's why they don't find feet in rubber boots or calks.  They don't float.

17x7