Jump to content
BlackRockBigfoot

Mysterious Animal Attack Leads To Death

Recommended Posts

Catmandoo
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, David NC said:

Lions, Tigers, etc.

 

Lions and tigers and bears,  oh my.  Do they have black panthers in WV?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62

Those are big cats in every st

18 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Big cats out east are cougars. Several sightings in my family (of black ones) history but obviously, that's "impossible".

 

Two sightings were with two people at once. One with my father and my grandmother on a road crossing and the second with my grandfather and a cousin while deer hunting.

 

Maybe they were escaped black jaguars in WV.

 

Who knows?

What ever it was they are withholding information . Saying they looking into if it was possible  K9 is ridiculous  , they would know if it was a  dog attack .

Those are big cats in every st

18 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Big cats out east are cougars. Several sightings in my family (of black ones) history but obviously, that's "impossible".

 

Two sightings were with two people at once. One with my father and my grandmother on a road crossing and the second with my grandfather and a cousin while deer hunting.

 

Maybe they were escaped black jaguars in WV.

 

Who knows?

What ever it was they are withholding information . Saying they looking into if it was possible  K9 is ridiculous  , they would know if it was a  dog attack .

 

18 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Big cats out east are cougars. Several sightings in my family (of black ones) history but obviously, that's "impossible".

 

Two sightings were with two people at once. One with my father and my grandmother on a road crossing and the second with my grandfather and a cousin while deer hunting.

 

Maybe they were escaped black jaguars in WV.

 

Who knows?

What ever it was they are withholding information . Saying they looking into if it was possible  K9 is ridiculous  , they would know if it was a  dog attack .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yetie9

Another "incident" here.   It's probably 45 minutes from the young boy and bear.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David NC
BFF Donor
14 hours ago, norseman said:

What are you calling a "big cat" then?

 

The known and typical mountain lion and the not as yet determined "Black Panther". I seen a Black Panther back in the 80's and it looked more like a black leopard than a Jaguar that may have migrated up from way south. It is anyone's guess as to where these came from. I did know of several large black cats that were kept in captivity around where I grew up that were displayed as mascots and such ( my high school mascot was the black panthers), they could have been released rather than put down when regulations got really tough on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17x7

I saw a beautiful black mountain lion (cougar) in W. Oregon about 12 years ago.  I was pretty close and have no doubt at all about what I saw.

 

17x7

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David NC
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, 17x7 said:

I saw a beautiful black mountain lion (cougar) in W. Oregon about 12 years ago.  I was pretty close and have no doubt at all about what I saw.

http://mountainlion.org/faqfrequentlyaskedquestions.asp

 

 

Many people have heard the term "black panther," but these are actually melanistic jaguars or leopards: a genetic trait that makes an individual cat's fur appear much darker than the usual coloration. To date there has never been a confirmed case of a melanistic (black) mountain lion.

 

If you seen a black mountain lion it may be one of the most rare animals in North America. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David NC
BFF Donor

http://www.beaufortcountysheriff.org/2019/02/18/update-corrected-info-on-animal-attack/

 

This office previously received information from the NC Wildlife Resources, that the preliminary DNA testing found domestic K9 DNA on the victim’s clothing. Investigators learned this morning that information was incorrect, K9 DNA was found on Mrs. Hamilton’s clothing, however the testing does not differentiate between wild K9s such as wolf or coyote indigenous to the area and domestic K9s that may live in the area. At present Sheriff’s Investigators are collecting DNA from domestic K9s in the area for further testing.

 

There are several counties in the east of NC that have reestablished populations of Red Wolves, though I would think a domestic dog before the Red Wolves.

How can they rule the DNA on the clothing was not from a dog she may own or coming into contact with a friends dog that she may have petted or rubbed against her and not what attacked her?

 

Edited by David NC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
58 minutes ago, David NC said:

........however the testing does not differentiate between wild K9s such as wolf or coyote indigenous to the area and domestic K9s that may live in the area. At present Sheriff’s Investigators are collecting DNA from domestic K9s in the area for further testing..........

 

......How can they rule the DNA on the clothing was not from a dog she may own or coming into contact with a friends dog that she may have petted or rubbed against her and not what attacked her?

 

More DNA magic, as well as the lack of such, all wrapped up in the same story........again. It's like climate science; global warming will end up freezing you to death.

 

Yet we are to believe that DNA from hominid fossils dead for dozens of thousands of years ago have "proven" that they are us.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Time Lifter
38 minutes ago, Huntster said:

 

More DNA magic, as well as the lack of such, all wrapped up in the same story........again. It's like climate science; global warming will end up freezing you to death.

 

Yet we are to believe that DNA from hominid fossils dead for dozens of thousands of years ago have "proven" that they are us.

 

Wait a minute... you're in Alaska, I thought it was obvious to everyone there that there is global warming?  At least that's how the climate change folks portray it...

This year in Iowa I'd like a refund on my carbon credits...

1 hour ago, David NC said:

http://www.beaufortcountysheriff.org/2019/02/18/update-corrected-info-on-animal-attack/

 

This office previously received information from the NC Wildlife Resources, that the preliminary DNA testing found domestic K9 DNA on the victim’s clothing. Investigators learned this morning that information was incorrect, K9 DNA was found on Mrs. Hamilton’s clothing, however the testing does not differentiate between wild K9s such as wolf or coyote indigenous to the area and domestic K9s that may live in the area. At present Sheriff’s Investigators are collecting DNA from domestic K9s in the area for further testing.

 

There are several counties in the east of NC that have reestablished populations of Red Wolves, though I would think a domestic dog before the Red Wolves.

How can they rule the DNA on the clothing was not from a dog she may own or coming into contact with a friends dog that she may have petted or rubbed against her and not what attacked her?

 

 

I thought 'red wolves' had been determined to just be wolf/coyote crosses?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Catmandoo
BFF Donor
4 hours ago, David NC said:

 

The known and typical mountain lion and the not as yet determined "Black Panther". I seen a Black Panther back in the 80's and it looked more like a black leopard than a Jaguar that may have migrated up from way south. It is anyone's guess as to where these came from. I did know of several large black cats that were kept in captivity around where I grew up that were displayed as mascots and such ( my high school mascot was the black panthers), they could have been released rather than put down when regulations got really tough on them.

 

I have often wondered about atypical sightings on the southern  east coast and if they are descendants  of escaped animals from the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus.  The winter quarters were Ellentown, Florida.  Animal escapes are down played.  For example, the Beast of Dartmoor in the UK.  5 Pumas were supposed to be transported to a new home in the 1970's.  2 of the 5 arrived in the transport vehicle.  Release of a breeding pair and a male  are universally denied.  They did not escape the vehicle by themselves.

In the US, I assume that there are a few 'exotics' roaming around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCBFr
BFF Donor

You know this is about an hour away from the magic bear that saved the 3 year old in Craven County.  Hmmm:}

 

>>Nevermind, Yetie beat me to that grand insight

 

My money is on the following in rank order:

1.  Generic dog.  I bet their are lots of dog fighting in the area.

2.  Coyote - They are becoming much more aggressive, prevalent, and bigger in NC

3.  Mt Lion - They are a thing in eastern NC but still very very rare.

Edited by NCBFr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
3 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

 

Wait a minute... you're in Alaska, I thought it was obvious to everyone there that there is global warming?  At least that's how the climate change folks portray it......

 

Just because Alaska has been warming doesn't mean it's global, it also doesn't mean it's because of CO2, it also doesn't mean that it has been man who "done it", it also doesn't mean that it won't reverse itself at any time, and it certainly doesn't mean that a tax scheme will fix anything. It also doesn't mean that long suffering Alaskans don't absolutely love warming climate, despite what the leftist media tells you.

 

However, it has been my observation that as the jet stream shifts (just like the magnetic pole), and as the Pacific Decadel Oscillation swings, our climate in Alaska is directly affected. Now, show me why the PDO swings, and why the magnetic pole decided to start running southeast at an accellerated speed, and I'll pay attention (but not taxes).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCBFr
BFF Donor

Alaska has been warming well before Mr. and Mrs. Huntster made it to the state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Time Lifter
12 minutes ago, Huntster said:

 

Just because Alaska has been warming doesn't mean it's global, it also doesn't mean it's because of CO2, it also doesn't mean that it has been man who "done it", it also doesn't mean that it won't reverse itself at any time, and it certainly doesn't mean that a tax scheme will fix anything. It also doesn't mean that long suffering Alaskans don't absolutely love warming climate, despite what the leftist media tells you.

 

However, it has been my observation that as the jet stream shifts (just like the magnetic pole), and as the Pacific Decadel Oscillation swings, our climate in Alaska is directly affected. Now, show me why the PDO swings, and why the magnetic pole decided to start running southeast at an accellerated speed, and I'll pay attention (but not taxes).

 

You and I seem to be of the same mind. ;)

 

But don't forget the Solar Cycles, which seem to never make it into the calculations either.  The climate changes, that's what it does, that's what it's always done.  At best we can just buy a few extra years before the next Ice Age kicks into gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
46 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

Alaska has been warming well before Mr. and Mrs. Huntster made it to the state.

 

Yes and no. Extreme cold periods and much warmer periods are simply par for the course. My first two winters there were extremely cold and snowy ones. Then, in February of 1977 (I think), we had a "chinook" spell, and one day it was 41 degrees on Anchorage.......and 32 degrees in Miami, FL at the same moment. That was my first experience with it. Since then we've seen it all, just like always. It seems like every winter is different. Summers too, come to think of it.

47 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

........At best we can just buy a few extra years before the next Ice Age kicks into gear.

 

Yup, and as an Alaskan, I'm sure it doesn't take a whole bunch of thought to figure out whether I fear global warming or an ice age more........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×