Implications of Apparent Consistency of Evidence

MikeZimmer

1 hour ago, 9-dot said:

...........The last graph, while still being the result of some fairly sloppy data, to me represents a more likely sasquatch population distribution.  If data for the Canadian Yukon, Northwest Territories, British Columbia, and Alberta (and perhaps Ontario) could be added, I think we could better flesh out what appears to me to be approaching a log-normal population distribution (common in nature)..........

Nice work. 

This past Wednesday I flew from Anchorage to Seattle. I had a window seat (like always) on the port side of the aircraft, the flight was during daylight hours, and cloud coverage was spotty, giving me lots of visuals  The section if the coast if British Columbia from Prince Rupert to Seattle was wide open and breathtaking. My face was glued to the window. In my humble opinion, this is the best sasquatch habitat left in North America. 

Unfortunately, I'm confident the BFRO database offers a very poor reflection of reports for Canada. John Green's database does much better in that regard. I can see that you have skill and interest in data analysis. If you had access to the forum's SSI database (which includes Green's database, I think), you could really have a lot of fun.

How would you like a free premium membership for a year? Just put a few more thoughtful graphs out for us?

Thank you Hunster - for the compliment, for the observation regarding BC (I second that  observation), and for the offer.  If you will tell me how I might become a premium member I will do it - and gladly pay for it myself.

Edited by 9-dot
typo

Admin
19 minutes ago, 9-dot said:

If you will tell me how I might become a premium member I will do it - and gladly pay for it myself. 

Here you go 9-dot.

Membership

On 4/25/2019 at 3:45 PM, SWWASAS said:

You are new and don't really know my story that well.    Like you I figured they would get used to me, trust me,   and hoped they would show themselves.  I had what I think was a juvenile throwing stuff at me, one left a glyph on a stump,  and things were sort of friendly but I think I got to be a pest for them because I was there several times a week.      When they did not voluntarily show themselves,  I tried to get one to break cover to see it and got growled at.    After that, things got unfriendly, the pranks stopped,  and I got hit with a dose of infrasound.    Shortly after that,  they moved out of the area which was being clear cut logged.   I do not know if it was the stress of having their area logged, or me disrupting their life,   but they let me know they were not happy with me. 

That sucks, BUt if they are close to us in Intelligence, Probably a little of both. Logging just sucks... We are slowwly killing this Planet 

SSR Team
22 hours ago, norseman said:

I dont, other than the fact that the animals they hunt are dawn and dusk browsers.

I dont think you can categorize them that way. They are intelligent opportunists. They follow the same risk vs reward ratio as any other hominid species.

And we have too many reports of them active at night to ignore. 

They will adopt whatever strategy best suits their needs at any given time. And do not follow any set schedule. 

Its unfortunate. If they followed a set schedule like a Moose or Elk? They would be much easier to kill.

Good point, but like you went on to say, not that they specifically follow a set schedule, but there ARE times of the day that offer us an insight in to WHEN they are possibly/probably more active, and that's what we want to know.

The WHY part is irrelevant at this stage imo, although maybe good debate.

For example, just randomly here.

WA State Summer Actual Visual Reports > Astronomical Twilight End (July) approx 23:30 > Most Common Hour for Actual Visual Reports is 23:00 - 23:59.

WA State Winter Actual Visual Reports > Civil Twilight Start (Jan) approx 16:15 > The three consecutive hours (12.5%) of 14:00 - 16:59 make up 44% of All Actual Visual Reports.

FL Summer Actual Visual Reports > Astronomical Twilight End (July) approx 21:30 > The three consecutive hours (12.5) of 21:00 - 23:59 make up 30% of All Actual Visual Reports.

TX Summer Actual Visual Reports > Civil Twilight (July) approx 20:30 to 21:00 > Most Common Hour for Actual Visual Reports is 20:00 - 20:59, with that individual hour (4%) making up 16% of All Actual Visual Reports.

We can ignore this or mark it as coincidence, of course we can, and it might be, we can also attribute to the animals that they hunt and their movements and we'd be right there too.

But that imo is irrelevant as the focus is on our subject and whether they move or are more active in these for whatever reason, fact is that they DO move and are being seen more so in these hours and that can't, or at least shouldn't, be ignored.

For clarity, i used WA, FL and TX numbers as there are the big number States, and timeanddate.com using Seattle, Miami and Dallas respectively for twilight times.

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, Franco said:

That sucks, BUt if they are close to us in Intelligence, Probably a little of both. Logging just sucks... We are slowwly killing this Planet 

I would rather see sustainable logging than forests allowed to get old, full of deadwood and burn up.  We have plenty of Wilderness area where logging is prohibited.     The National Forests could log considerably more and never run out of trees to log but they prefer to let the forest burn and destroy the health of people living in the area.    We had many many days of very unhealthy air last year where you were warned not to go outside.    At one point where I live,   we were getting smoke from Canada,   Oregon, and California too.    

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2019 at 10:43 AM, SWWASAS said:

Well could it be they do have schedule behaviors that we have not deciphered yet?    It could be tied into deer and elk behavior and movement.   Maybe someone should find an elk herd and just stay with it a few weeks?    Do you elk hunters know if that is possible?     How about tranquilizing an elk and mounting a remote controlled camera on its back?  

Sure, Mounting a Camera on a elk, LOL.... Hey I will do it! with my luck - I would Tranquilize it... and it would get hit by a mack Truck.......

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I would rather see sustainable logging than forests allowed to get old, full of deadwood and burn up.  We have plenty of Wilderness area where logging is prohibited.     The National Forests could log considerably more and never run out of trees to log but they prefer to let the forest burn and destroy the health of people living in the area.    We had many many days of very unhealthy air last year where you were warned not to go outside.    At one point where I live,   we were getting smoke from Canada,   Oregon, and California too.    

I agree, but I have seen the damage Logging does.... Sustainable or not..  I happen to love trees, Forrest. I am not one of those Crazy!!!! but I might of been happier when the states were a little more wild... Not A fan of concrete.  

I was listening to a podcast, and the Interviewer made a interesting point, That BF's numbers could be dwindling... Do 2 US folks eating up land, people out looking for them, Hell I would move if I had folks hanging in my back yard, banging on trees. :]  But there are guys like Standing going out into the Canadian north lands... Along the Rockies. Dont get me wrong not a fan of Standing.. But he has had some interesting encounters. The Canadian rockies, I would think would be prime BF habitat.

23 hours ago, 9-dot said:

........If you will tell me how I might become a premium member I will do it - and gladly pay for it myself.

No, please, allow me to extend this gift to you. My own first year as a premium member was a gift, and I have gifted a couple people since. Your analytical post shows that you could be a great asset if you have access to the outstanding Standardized Sighting Record (SSR) that several forum members have worked hard to assemble, and is a great tool for those who know how to use it. I suspect you will like it.

A form moderator will contact you when you're on........

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Franco said:

But there are guys like Standing going out into the Canadian north lands... Along the Rockies. Dont get me wrong not a fan of Standing.. But he has had some interesting encounters. The Canadian rockies, I would think would be prime BF habitat.

Standing is a known hoaxer. I'm sure that's part of why he was where he was. Its more convincing. Its best if his exploits get no further mention.

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

.........We have plenty of Wilderness area where logging is prohibited.........

I've occasionally perused wilderness areas online and considered them good locations for review as sasquatch habitat, although it's clear that they are seen in logged areas. 

Some wilderness areas have previously been logged. The largest wilderness area in the Lower 48 states (Frank Church Wilderness Area in Idaho) is crisscrossed with older logging roads. Some smaller such areas (Three Sisters in Oregon) have valleys of untouched old growth, but are heavily hiked by the public, and don't really boast many sasquatch reports.

Misty Fiords in southeast Alaska appears to be the Holy Grail. It is almost entirely untouched old growth, and boasts natural foods galore from salmon and clams on untouched beaches and streams to deer and mountain goats along with grouse and small game. There are no roads within it or to it. Access is by bush plane landing on a beach at low tide or boat anchored in a cove from Ketchikan or Prince Rupert. Snow load is low, rainfall is high. Black bear densities are among the highest on the continent, and brown bear densities are extremely low to non-existent. Human population is so low as to be essentially non-existent, and even human visitation is almost non-existent. It is nearly the size of the state of Connecticut.

• Like 1

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, Franco said:

I agree, but I have seen the damage Logging does.... Sustainable or not..  I happen to love trees, Forrest. I am not one of those Crazy!!!! but I might of been happier when the states were a little more wild... Not A fan of concrete.  

Do you know there are more square miles of forest now than there was in the late 1800s?       People then burned wood for heat and forest fires were not fought.       I am not crazy about some clear cut operations I have seen.    The State of Washington allowed a clear cut along a heavily used hiking trail in my research area.    There was no reason for that other than the state wanted the logging money.   The also fabricate the big lie that the trees are replanted right away.    Some of those areas have not been replanted in over 5 years.    The State is as inept as a tree grower as it is doing most things.   A private company would have replanted immediately.    Private land timber companies have beautiful roads,  rarely have forest fires,  and continually produce good timber.  

18 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Do you know there are more square miles of forest now than there was in the late 1800s?       People then burned wood for heat and forest fires were not fought.       I am not crazy about some clear cut operations I have seen.    The State of Washington allowed a clear cut along a heavily used hiking trail in my research area.    There was no reason for that other than the state wanted the logging money.   The also fabricate the big lie that the trees are replanted right away.    Some of those areas have not been replanted in over 5 years.    The State is as inept as a tree grower as it is doing most things.   A private company would have replanted immediately.    Private land timber companies have beautiful roads,  rarely have forest fires,  and continually produce good timber.  

Interesting, we visit this area alot, we have family in redding, ca. https://goo.gl/maps/ELHKVDRm2giEGCPQA    Area around Shasta MT. I have hiked the area many times... gone bush whacking, off the beaten trails... Everyone out there as a BF story to tell..  I havent seen or heard anything out there. but the locals say they are there. But that area is very heavily traveled. Which tends me to believe it is a Migration area east and maybe north of shasta. Plenty of big game in there so food isnt a problem 

And heavily Logged.......

Edited by Franco
Add comment
  • Thanks 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic