Implications of Apparent Consistency of Evidence

MikeZimmer

48 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

This post should have 10 upvotes already, not the second I just gave.

I left the old BFF a long time ago when I was much younger and new to this subject. I was convinced that one day I'd log back in and someone would have the body, and proof.

Almost 15 years later I'm contemplating leaving again for a much different reason.

No matter what I believe is true, or how much I want it to be, I'm not sure we will ever have an answer. And then it begs the question, do I want to spend my time checking in on, spending thoughts/concerns, on something that can only do harm to myself, my family, my career, etc... depending on how this all ends up shaking out.

I'm having a hard time saying this time (even posting here) is worth it. I'm not going into deep wilderness where I'm living now.

Maybe it's time for Natfoot to sign off and let go of the legend? I believe many of you here with sightings, and my own family story, but...I don't know.

If you do not live near wilderness? You need to move.... it’s good for the soul.

I just saw "6 figures" and it always brings to mind the vast difference between 100,000 and 999,999. Maybe it was always in use and I've just developed a sensitivity to it, that and price point. Remember when things could be had at simply, a certain PRICE?? What the h@** is this point about anyway?? Sorry... as you were:)

I get it Arvedis, not poking fun just pondering parlance.

33 minutes ago, Kiwakwe said:

I just saw "6 figures" and it always brings to mind the vast difference between 100,000 and 999,999. Maybe it was always in use and I've just developed a sensitivity to it, that and price point. Remember when things could be had at simply, a certain PRICE?? What the h@** is this point about anyway?? Sorry... as you were:)

I get it Arvedis, not poking fun just pondering parlance.

yea, I just toss out phrasing like that to guesstimate earnings.  Point being, if you are the key person on a reality show (which Moneymaker was even though he doesn't have the personality for it) then they probably contracted him to maybe 40- 50K or more per episode. I am betting they did not start there.  Season 1 and 2 it was much less until they knew the show would last.  Seems ridiculous (and I have no basis for the guess other than the absurd amounts more popular reality people get). Regular cast like Cliff and Bobo and whatever her name is probably make anywhere from 25-40k per episode.  Cliff and Bobo however have also made their money in other ways as well so they are probably in the million range as far as assets.  Less so now for Cliff because he sunk money into a BF museum or some such thing in Oregon.  Not sure it will fly but who knows.  

Hope you stay, NatFoot. But if you depart our fellowship, take our good wishes along. Do what you've gotta do, friend. Check in on us, occasionally.

• Upvote 1

Grounded discernment is a valuable thing here on the BFF. You have that. Solving for Bigfoot has its drawbacks and disappointments. Beyond discussion what is there left? Does one cruise along or go all out or quit? Not an easy choice to make. The BFF is for cruising along. Once that's understood then it may make a person's choice easier to arrive at. In either case I wish you well in all your endeavors where here or not. Would prefer you to stay of course :)   

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

How so? For example, if somebody has a sasquatch sighting, goes online and finds BFRO and fills out their report page, government has no clue anything happened.....

I can't believe you said that. You of all people.

In the sense of the economic impact alone, do you think that the discovery and revelation that Sasquatch is an extant North American primate would be a big deal? In the sense of the economic impact alone therefore, do you think that the discovery and revelation that Sasquatch is an extant North American primate would be a National Security disaster because of the economic fallout of its existence becoming public? I certainly do.

If that creature is real then it is known about, monitored, and any "news" coming in on the internet will be tagged and looked at. If not then security-wise the government would be in a very compromised situation where a trillion dollars in annual revenue would be at risk. The government is all about money and controlling it and a trillion bucks isn't exactly pocket change.

• Upvote 1

I doubt the government monitors BFRO reports that are not published.   I’d be slightly skeptical if they pay much attention to the published reports.   Do you think they intercept the submission page?   

21 minutes ago, Twist said:

Do you think they intercept the submission page?   

Of course. Because the BFRO could alter the data such as location and witness ID info before uploading a report to the internet. Put yourself in government's place with ALL the internet surveillance tools at your disposal, such as its "PRISM" Program https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program . Then think about what would happen to your government/money world and anyone connected to it if something came along that could utterly wreck it. How would you protect yourself?

Edited by hiflier

18 minutes ago, Twist said:

I doubt the government monitors BFRO reports that are not published.   I’d be slightly skeptical if they pay much attention to the published reports.   Do you think they intercept the submission page?   

My thoughts exactly. That's NSA stuff, not Forest Service or Dept Ag. I agree that the NSA could monitor the BFRO submission page if they wanted, but that would be a level of covert sasquatchery that I'm not yet ready to entertain.

Has the NSA been asked in the past to monitor electronic traffic regarding sasquatchery? Perhaps........and probably more to track peopke involved in sasquatchery more than anything else. But daily monitoring in order to get a jump start on BFRO researchers? No way.

As much of a dog-and-pony as FBF was, I am just going to wager that there is now a whole generation of kids who had BF put on their radar scopes who would not have otherwise. These are the future researchers who have been jumpstarted with some very basic knowledge of observed BF behaviors. That is not only not a small thing, it is freaking huge!

Edited by WSA

BFF Patron

^^^^^^^  The NSA monitoring program that intercepts BF related internet traffic must have hiccupted?  

12 minutes ago, WSA said:

As much of a dog-and-pony as FBF was, I am just going to wager that there is now a whole generation of kids who had BF put on their radar scopes who would not have otherwise. These are the future researchers who have been jumpstarted with some very basic knowledge of observed BF behaviors.........

I agree that many young people have probably gotten interested in the phenomenon because of Finding Bigfoot who probably wouldn't have otherwise, and maybe so e of them might become future researchers, but I don't know if we need more people banging on trees or howling at the moon. We could use a few more Meldrums at the university level, though.

• Upvote 1

Good for both of you, Twist and Hunster. So when someone drags in a BF body and brings the whole thing crashing down around the government's ears they will just be caught flatfooted and completely off guard. Just gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling to think that the biggest discovery of the last century would be reduced to a mere anecdote on the back page of the NSA's surveillance play book.

There's been an awful lot of talk around this here Forum concerning a specimen being confiscated, a researcher going to jail, and all kinds of discussion about just how serious the matter of getting a body onto a slab really is. The inconsistency of that dialogue when weighed against one that says the government doesn't do daily monitoring is rather short-sighted IMHO. Nipping knowledge at the source is crucial and where hundreds of billions of dollars are at stake? I do not underestimate either the serious nature of the issue nor the effort at making SURE that the whole affair, in spite of it's colloquial history which includes the PGF, remains a myth.

23 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

^^^^^^^  The NSA monitoring program that intercepts BF related internet traffic must have hiccupted?  

Apparently so, how incredibly stupid of them to let that happen ;) 

Edited by hiflier