Implications of Apparent Consistency of Evidence

MikeZimmer

1 minute ago, hiflier said:

Good for both of you, Twist and Hunster. So when someone drags in a BF body and brings the whole thing crashing down around the government's ears they will just be caught flatfooted and completely off guard.........

Not completely. Like everything else, they have reaction plans. What they are most likely to do is send in NPS SWAT team members to seize the carcass, then start publishing lies to their media buddies to turn the crashed ufo into a weather balloon, to borrow a historical equivalent.

.........Just gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling to think that the biggest discovery of the last century would be reduced to a mere anecdote on the back page of the NSA's surveillance play book.......

C'mon, now. You aren't used to this by now? They do this with everything under the sun.

..........There's been an awful lot of talk around this here Forum concerning a specimen being confiscated, a researcher going to jail, and all kinds of discussion about just how serious the matter of getting a body onto a slab really is. The inconsistency of that dialogue when weighed against one that says the government doesn't do daily monitoring is rather short-sighted IMHO.........

With their confiscatory powers and powers over information dissemination, they really don't have to waste resources paying GS-11 scale or more to somebody to monitor BFRO. And frankly, nobody is going to jail unless they're successful in bringing a carcass into the national spotlight, or unless they're as stupid as Smeja. They'll just help you look as stupid as Smeja. Once they take your carcass, you're just another bigfoot story.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

With their confiscatory powers and powers over information dissemination, they really don't have to waste resources paying GS-11 scale or more to somebody to monitor BFRO. And frankly, nobody is going to jail unless they're successful in bringing a carcass into the national spotlight, or unless they're as stupid as Smeja. They'll just help you look as stupid as Smeja. Once they take your carcass, you're just another bigfoot story.

Bingo!    Not saying the government is flat footed, I said I don’t believe they intercept or monitor the BFRO.   Your twisting words a bit there.  

BFF Patron
24 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I agree that many young people have probably gotten interested in the phenomenon because of Finding Bigfoot who probably wouldn't have otherwise, and maybe so e of them might become future researchers, but I don't know if we need more people banging on trees or howling at the moon. We could use a few more Meldrums at the university level, though.

Next time I see Meldrum I am going to ask him how much concern he has of the government taking a BF body away from him.   I sort of discussed the topic with him one time.   I said if I ever contact him that I have a package for him I have either a body or parts of one but I will not openly say what I have.   Then of course Academics are in such an environment that they seem often seem down right naive to the rest of us.  He may of never thought about it before my comment.  He sort of gave me a nervous laugh.   The story behind Sue the T Rex has to be known in academic circles.    The finder went to federal prison for two years.  

Edited by SWWASAS

2 minutes ago, Twist said:

Bingo!    Not saying the government is flat footed, I said I don’t believe they intercept or monitor the BFRO.   Your twisting words a bit there.  

Difference of opinion, Twist because I think they do. Along with everything else. As a Security State it's their job, they have to. Lots to lose if they don't.

1 minute ago, SWWASAS said:

He may of never thought about it before my comment.  He sort of gave me a nervous laugh.

He apparently has indeed thought of it. Hasn't he said in the past that government knows about Bigfoot? Maybe in the documentary with Standing? I need to do some research on that though to be sure.

Not buying any conspiracy theories with governments and Bigfoot. It would have to be military or national security and they would end up with the same fruitless results as anyone else. 

Meldrum is a sober voice but he has no credibility with the academic community to back him up beyond him having tenure as a professor.

Reports would be the same as ufo findings. We know it's there, we even have some photographic clues but nothing in the freezer. 

23 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Meldrum is a sober voice but he has no credibility with the academic community to back him up

Hmmm, how strange. Especially since Dr. Meldrum is a "sober voice". As was Krantz, as was Bindernagel, as was Fahrenbach.......as is Mionczynski.......

None of them had/have credibility with the academic community. And yet......

Edited by hiflier

And yet we are really no further along than we were in 1967,  if anything we’ve regressed or at least failed to meet the bar set in 67.

• Upvote 1

Completely agree there, bud. Solution? Because I'm all about finding one. It's the only reason I'm here. I create threads to that end: Solving for Bigfoot even if it means knocking on agency doors. But everyone seems pretty OK with how things are going- or they don't really care.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

And yet we are really no further along than we were in 1967,  if anything we’ve regressed or at least failed to meet the bar set in 67.

The definition of idiocy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. The Bigfoot community suffers badly from this and when you ask them why? They are not really interested in solving the mystery..... Ok. So why the high tech cameras, audio devices and speakers and the 40 lbs of dental resin?

Maybe Roger and Bob get a free pass in 67. They had no idea that the scientific community was going to shun their film. After 50 years and numerous other videos? Nobody should be getting a free pass now. We should be holding our own feet to the fire. We should be sharing information and allowing the pieces of the puzzle to come together. Instead we have a bunch of competitive individuals all trying to secretly reinvent the wheel. It’s kinda dumb.

I try to be transparent in my pursuit. I try to be accurate in my locations. I want people to follow in behind me. Or share insight with me. I certainly do not have all of the answers. But I think there is a lot of bias with the whole pro kill and anti kill debate. Not that the anti kill crowd isn’t clichish to begin with.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Hmmm, how strange. Especially since Dr. Meldrum is a "sober voice". As was Krantz, as was Bindernagel, as was Fahrenbach.......as is Mionczynski.......

None of them had/have credibility with the academic community. And yet......

Go down your list of players and mark off those who have seen a Sasquatch.

I have no solutions but I also do not claim to be a researcher.  Just an interested individual that had an unexplainable incident when I was young.

17 hours ago, norseman said:

If you do not live near wilderness? You need to move.... it’s good for the soul.

No kidding, friend. We miss Colorado.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Twist said:

...........if anything we’ve regressed or at least failed to meet the bar set in 67.

The lesson of1967 is that photography, even movie footage with associated footprints, and even those footprints documented by a government agent, is worth nothing but argument. It has to be a carcass. Nothing less will bring sasquatchery into official reality.

That said, I still say that the killer will face criminal prosecution, social hatred, and probably both.

3 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Go down your list of players and mark off those who have seen a Sasquatch.

...........Mionczynski......check.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
22 hours ago, norseman said:

The definition of idiocy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. The Bigfoot community suffers badly from this and when you ask them why? They are not really interested in solving the mystery..... Ok. So why the high tech cameras, audio devices and speakers and the 40 lbs of dental resin?

Maybe Roger and Bob get a free pass in 67. They had no idea that the scientific community was going to shun their film. After 50 years and numerous other videos? Nobody should be getting a free pass now. We should be holding our own feet to the fire. We should be sharing information and allowing the pieces of the puzzle to come together. Instead we have a bunch of competitive individuals all trying to secretly reinvent the wheel. It’s kinda dumb.

I try to be transparent in my pursuit. I try to be accurate in my locations. I want people to follow in behind me. Or share insight with me. I certainly do not have all of the answers. But I think there is a lot of bias with the whole pro kill and anti kill debate. Not that the anti kill crowd isn’t clichish to begin with.

I will probably be shunned for heresy but Roger and Bob did not get a pass with anyone but believers and are part of the necessity to get get a body for scientific acceptance.      The fact that Roger had a shady background and  used the film for monetary gain just clouds the validity of the film and creates the suspicion of hoax.  .     The squabble over spitting the money from the film just added to the controversy.    Had it been two university scientists doing a bear study who made the film,   the outcome from the film could have been much different.  

• Upvote 1

No accusation of heresy from me for that truth. But I think it has to be admitted that with the negligence of government and the science industry, the next group one would expect to be attracted to this phenomenon would be the carnival operator types seeking profit, or at least some return on their investment. It was like this with the discovery of the gorilla 170 years ago. The carnival operators in Europe had possession of gorillas and gorilla parts well before the pointy heads did.