norseman

Cascade footage from 96

norseman

• Like 1

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing. I noticed the film is. Much more clearer until the creature is being filmed. 

• Upvote 1

norseman

Thats because they zoomed the footage in.

Old Time Lifter
1 minute ago, norseman said:

Thats because they zoomed the footage in.

I was just about to post this ^^^

Thanks for posting the video will have to look closer later.

• Thanks 1

norseman

Its also a camcorder from the mid 90's. Which I think is worse resolution than older technology.

My baby videos are black and white but clearer than my childrens baby videos.

Twist
46 minutes ago, norseman said:

Its also a camcorder from the mid 90's. Which I think is worse resolution than older technology.

My baby videos are black and white but clearer than my childrens baby videos.

You sure, like BF, you kids aren’t just naturally blurry?    Jk Norse, no offense meant. 

• Thanks 1

norseman
54 minutes ago, Twist said:

You sure, like BF, you kids aren’t just naturally blurry?    Jk Norse, no offense meant. 

LOL!

norseman

Video sucks as any sort of proof.

But there sure are alot of dudes running around out there in head to toe black pajamas!

• Upvote 1

MikeZimmer
3 hours ago, norseman said:

Video sucks as any sort of proof.

But there sure are alot of dudes running around out there in head to toe black pajamas! 

This video is pretty unambiguous, so either a hoax or a Sasquatch. Absolutely not a bear or an un-costumed person in my opinion.

Is it really from the date given? Probably VHS in that era. I suppose someone could have mocked up the appearance of old low quality video, copied to digital. The quality is usually pretty bad from that type of transfer. I have done it dozens of times.

There were hoaxers with black pajamas back then? Could be, does not seem that likely to me. It would be nice to interview the woman who provided the video.

Patterson-Gimlin

Personally I would rather see clear footage than zoomed in footage.

One of the main reasons I easily dismiss Sasquatch footage is it is always blurry. 

Other wildlife footage of rare and elusive animals is clear and easily explained. 

Except for one. 

Pdub

This is so grainy and blurry it’s impossible to discern anything conclusive.  I laughed when the voice says “undeniably a Bigfoot.”

norseman
2 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Personally I would rather see clear footage than zoomed in footage.

One of the main reasons I easily dismiss Sasquatch footage is it is always blurry. 

Other wildlife footage of rare and elusive animals is clear and easily explained. 

Except for one. 

No.

They complain about that one as well.

1 hour ago, Pdub said:

This is so grainy and blurry it’s impossible to discern anything conclusive.  I laughed when the voice says “undeniably a Bigfoot.”

If I saw that on a river in the backcountry? Lets just say it would be a very tempting shot.

VAfooter

So this is VHS footage converted/transferred to digital and then taped with another camera from the TV screen, is that what I understood her to say?

What is that at around 1:40 (tree stump)?

Also, I thought the narration was sort of odd, but then at the end realized it was not the actual contributor talking, but the channel host.

If you go to the original Youtube page, they bring up some possible "discrepancies" in the footage....

https://youtu.be/0uIbJZ_Kc6k

OldMort
10 hours ago, norseman said:

If I saw that on a river in the backcountry? Lets just say it would be a very tempting shot.

So you are saying you would have taken a shot at what you see in this video without fully knowing what it is?

Let's drop the "tough" hunter talk for a minute and be completely honest. In the real world, yes or no?

Same question in regard to Patty as seen in the film.

• Upvote 2

norseman
5 minutes ago, OldMort said:

So you are saying you would have taken a shot at what you see in this video without fully knowing what it is?

Let's drop the "tough" hunter talk for a minute and be completely honest. In the real world, yes or no?

Same question in regard to Patty as seen in the film.

I would NEVER shoot at anything I couldnt ID.

But Im pretty confident that with a 3x9 scope in that position I could have accomplished that.

No tough talk here. Complete honesty.

I would have shot Patty. Absolutely ID'd by my definition. You?

I pray to the good lord that someone wasnt trying to punk me with a super awesome looking suit....

But I dont know how to end this mystery without taking some sort of risk of a hoaxer out there.