Sign in to follow this  
HOLDMYBEER

BIGFOOT: AMERICA'S ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN

HOLDMYBEER

The Bigfoot Filmography really has no information as to the original editing. The book indicates DeAtley had the editing done and that DeAtley was largely responsible for the production of the film.

Backdoc
BFF Donor

My exposure to the PGF came from Peter Graves Bigfoot/ Monsters show which appear at our local theater in the 1970's.  That makes me too young to remember any Bigfoot hype in the 1967/68 era when Roger was touring with this film.  Those who saw Roger's bigfoot tour might be many but still would be considered few in number overall.

I have a couple Q about Roger's film tour from the perspective of the skeptic/ 'Science' world:

1)  How much interest did 'science' even show back in 1967/68 and later in 1976 or so? After all, unless they attended one of Rogers film showings I have to think even seeing the PGF was not all too common.  I would think other than a few still pics out of Argosy magazine or something like it seeing it was not common.  I do at least remember these were the days were if we didn't watch the Wizard of Oz on TV the night it was on we weren't going to see it again until it aired on TV next year.

2)  How much Push Back was there from the 'science' community.  Did they even bother to comment on it or was it so insignificant they didn't lower themselves to even swat at such a fly in some of their minds?

Clearly by the time Peter Graves show came around someone thought the Bigfoot subject and esp the Patterson film was something to cash in on. 

My guess would be there was little interest or in the minds of the science community not much need to do any major push back on Bigfoot or many of the topics back then.  

Edited by Backdoc

HOLDMYBEER

BD,  I think John Napier's book Bigfoot; The Yeti and Sasquatch in Myth and Reality, 1973, goes a long way towards answering your questions. It's been 40 years since I read the book but I recall Napier (a well-known primatologist) wrestling with the film with much discussion. I am told the book is now back in print.  

Sign in to follow this