HOLDMYBEER

BIGFOOT: AMERICA'S ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN

Bill

the only one I've seen is in the PGF film, plus a "maybe" in the Imax "Great North" footage.

Daniel Perez

Does anyone know who the buyer is?  Is there a way to ask a BUYER a question on eBay. I would certainly like to get a DVD copy for my files.  Daniel Perez

Arvedis
16 hours ago, Daniel Perez said:

Does anyone know who the buyer is?  Is there a way to ask a BUYER a question on eBay. I would certainly like to get a DVD copy for my files.  Daniel Perez

That info is protected. I'm not even sure it is within the seller's rights to pass on a message to the buyer from another eBay user. They are really strict on privacy rules but you can ask the seller and see what they say.

Daniel Perez

The seller is DANIEL GREEN, and he has never replied to any e-mail I have sent (two e-mails + one phone call) but was rather cooperative when promoting his latest book in a question and answer session.

My main motivation about this eBay sale is to find out if the long lost FOOTPRINT FILM (second reel) is contained in the BBC release, as that film was last in their possession. Sure would be nice to hear from Daniel Green, but nothing. And he let it go for only $1000 dollars, when he could have got twice, perhaps three times as much had he advertised widely before the auction.

Just another opportunity to find out more about Daniel Green, his business sense, and his seemingly lack of cooperation with the serious Bigfoot community.  The footprint film, if contained within the three reels on the eBay sale, is evidence in association with the P-G film, the strongest indication that Bigfoot is a real, biological entity.

If sales of his two books on Bigfoot start to fall flat, he might start to realize WHY.

Oh well, life moves on...

Arvedis
On 8/3/2019 at 4:03 PM, Daniel Perez said:

The seller is DANIEL GREEN, and he has never replied to any e-mail I have sent (two e-mails + one phone call) but was rather cooperative when promoting his latest book in a question and answer session.

My main motivation about this eBay sale is to find out if the long lost FOOTPRINT FILM (second reel) is contained in the BBC release, as that film was last in their possession. Sure would be nice to hear from Daniel Green, but nothing. And he let it go for only $1000 dollars, when he could have got twice, perhaps three times as much had he advertised widely before the auction.

Just another opportunity to find out more about Daniel Green, his business sense, and his seemingly lack of cooperation with the serious Bigfoot community.  The footprint film, if contained within the three reels on the eBay sale, is evidence in association with the P-G film, the strongest indication that Bigfoot is a real, biological entity.

If sales of his two books on Bigfoot start to fall flat, he might start to realize WHY.

Oh well, life moves on...

This is the guy who wrote the book, far out, shaggy monsters of the 70s? Wouldn't he have written about it if he had that detail? His book is way too expensive so I'm not going to buy it to find out. $50 and only hardcover. I don't understand the logic there. Why not generate an ebook and a $15 paperback.

SackScratch
On 6/4/2019 at 11:29 AM, LucasJ said:

Well there were a few films in the 50's about the Yeti...a Japanese film called ,Jû jin yuki otoko(1955),

more familiar is the Abominable Snowman(1957)(which is pretty good) which came after the footprints were photographed in the Himalayas

Ivan Sanderson wrote a book about the subject a few years prior to the PGF

---

I bought a dvd off ebay called "ManBeast" says it was released in 1956 .... it's Americans seeking out the Yeti in the Himalayas and wishing they'd not found it!!!

LucasJ
On 10/10/2019 at 10:48 PM, SackScratch said:

I bought a dvd off ebay called "ManBeast" says it was released in 1956 .... it's Americans seeking out the Yeti in the Himalayas and wishing they'd not found it!!!

Yeah...I've seen that one too...not as bad as 'The Snow Creature'...

here's a list someone made with links to IMDB of all or most of the Yeti/Bigfoot films and TV spots

http://bigfootmovies.blogspot.com/2011/11/list-of-bigfoot-movies.html

---

Here's Ivan Sanderson's book "Abominable Snowmen' on-line...you can read the whole thing...

written in 1961...6 years before the PGF film.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/lcr/abs/index.htm

Bobbie Short's "Bigfoot Encounters' site is a great place to read historic reports and stories..

she has passed on but the site is still maintained by her Grandson..and her book has finally been released(free download)

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/

Edited by LucasJ
  • Upvote 1

SackScratch
On 3/11/2019 at 10:01 AM, Backdoc said:

My exposure to the PGF came from Peter Graves Bigfoot/ Monsters show which appear at our local theater in the 1970's.  That makes me too young to remember any Bigfoot hype in the 1967/68 era when Roger was touring with this film.  Those who saw Roger's bigfoot tour might be many but still would be considered few in number overall.

I have a couple Q about Roger's film tour from the perspective of the skeptic/ 'Science' world:

1)  How much interest did 'science' even show back in 1967/68 and later in 1976 or so? After all, unless they attended one of Rogers film showings I have to think even seeing the PGF was not all too common.  I would think other than a few still pics out of Argosy magazine or something like it seeing it was not common.  I do at least remember these were the days were if we didn't watch the Wizard of Oz on TV the night it was on we weren't going to see it again until it aired on TV next year.

2)  How much Push Back was there from the 'science' community.  Did they even bother to comment on it or was it so insignificant they didn't lower themselves to even swat at such a fly in some of their minds?

Clearly by the time Peter Graves show came around someone thought the Bigfoot subject and esp the Patterson film was something to cash in on. 

My guess would be there was little interest or in the minds of the science community not much need to do any major push back on Bigfoot or many of the topics back then.  

We're lucky and spoiled today with our Instant Gratification Culture of Downloading anything at any time or just clicking on whatever hundreds or thousands of videos we have stored on our computers... I'm just starting to burning Bigfoot Lectures I'd downloaded off YouTube over the years since noone will take the time to create and market a professional dvd of these lectures, only one set for sale on eBay of 4 lectures and that's it... Already bought it... I figured I'd find these somewhere for sale on dvd but nothing so I have to do it myself... 

I need to attend a Bigfoot Conference, I bet some vendors at those would have some of the ones I'm looking for!  Just working all the time, work, go home, eat pizza, watch Squatch DVD's, sleep, REPEAT!! That should be a Shirt! lol

SackScratch
On 10/25/2019 at 8:47 AM, LucasJ said:

Yeah...I've seen that one too...not as bad as 'The Snow Creature'...

here's a list someone made with links to IMDB of all or most of the Yeti/Bigfoot films and TV spots

http://bigfootmovies.blogspot.com/2011/11/list-of-bigfoot-movies.html

---

Here's Ivan Sanderson's book "Abominable Snowmen' on-line...you can read the whole thing...

written in 1961...6 years before the PGF film.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/lcr/abs/index.htm

Bobbie Short's "Bigfoot Encounters' site is a great place to read historic reports and stories..

she has passed on but the site is still maintained by her Grandson..and her book has finally been released(free download)

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/

I got that "Snow Creature" and misc crap on the 2 "Box of Bigfoots" dvd's I made the mistake of buying on eBay! Also had a crappy bootleg of Boggy Creek with the worst picture quality I'd seen since buying one by "Cheezy Flicks", the company that copyrights the Films they Bootleg! There's 3 or 4 Bigfeet movies crammed on those "Box of Bigfoots" DVD's, beware if you've not already bought them! lol