Put tracks on my Yamaha Grizzly

norseman

Bought em off craigslist for 1900 bucks! My youngest daughter is the test pilot.

Hard on the arms but it gets around very well!

Admin

That thing looks mean.

• Thanks 1

I always thought that a couple of Tucker Snow Cats towing snow mobiles would be the ultimate Alaskan rigs. There used to be areas where moose were open all winter long (not any more), and caribou is always open year round in the northwest. Running snow cats up the major rivers would be easy.

Now, with track kits like what you got for your ATV mounted on UTVs, such rigs are more dependable, lighter, and cheap.

I had tracks on my Polaris Ranger. Prospector tracks made by Ranger.  They ate that machine. The cv joints, axles, even when upgraded to gorilla axles, and the steering box was even ripped off the frame.

I spent 7 grand in repairs before I got rid of it. And bought the Roxor.

Roxor is bullet proof, but requires Mat tracks which are 20 grand. Too rich for my blood.

So I pulled out the ole Griz and made it my snow vehicle.

My buddy has a WW2 Weasel but again tracks are tough to come by and expensive....

A buddy got a 6x6 Ranger, and had lots of problems with it. I really like the platform, but I need problems like I need another bullet in the head.

Many years ago Weasels were common around here, but you'd better be a really good field mechanic.

I think I'll stick with my snowmobiles and good clothes.........they go much faster, anyway.

Your snow vehicle looks like FUN!

i watched the entire snowmobile camper video. Very cool! That log cabin behind them looks good, too.

I've always thought about building a hut like that (but bigger) for ice fishing, but the pop up tents work so well that I never bothered with a hut. But I admit that a hut on a favored lake would be nicer. If I was spending all winter in Alaska, I'd build one, but breaking winter up with a couple months down here in warm weather is pretty tough to beat, especially if I could go fishing and small game hunting when I wanted.

At some point I would like to be a snow bird too!

I got a grand daughter and soon to be grand son in Tularosa NM.

I like salt water fishing, so California and Texas are my focus states. Texas has the better fishing, and California has the better sasquatch hunting.

What's a guy to do!

Both places!

After driving tours using Polaris UTVs for BigFoot Hunter a couple of seasons, I'd pass on a Polaris UTV, unless it was free! He used a 6x6 and a 6 passenger Ranger 4x4, and we had lots of problems with them. Of course, they were getting major miles every season, and often with max loads. Drive belts, cv joints, and front diff were the most frequent repairs, other than the rocky trails eating tires like candy.

My buddy put tracks on his 2010 grizzly 700 the year after he bought, after a year of light use he was replacing much of his front end

After the second time, he sold the tracks