Gary Hokkanen

Detail of strange happenings this last October

Gary Hokkanen

Hi Folks: As was mentioned earlier my wife and I have a piece of property in northern Wi. It is outside of Park Falls, surrounded by the Chequamegon National Park.  We have been working on a cabin off and on as time permits.  Starting in about 2013 we had our first incidents. My wife and I heard what sounded like a rock hitting a tree next to her as we were sheathing the back wall. It was early about 7-7.30 am. Aprox. 10-15 min later she called to me from the east side of the property to let me know that another object hit near her as she was folding a tarp to place in the shed. Since then we have heard wood knocks on a fairly regular basis, mostly at night. I realize, that these could be caused by Bigfooters in the area but they are interesting nevertheless. This last October we were up for a two week period. The weather was lousy overall. It either rained or the wind blew like crazy. We did a lot of inside work on the place; a lot of hammering and running power tools. During the last two nights a couple of strange things happened. On a Wed. night it had rained a great deal and I had stacked 4x8 sheets of foam board against the windowless back wall. our bunk bed is on that side. At aprox 11pm drawn out squeaking noises were heard outside the back wall. This was the sound similar to rubbing wet fingers on a balloon. It went on for a time. There was no wind. I was able to produce the sound the next morning while rubbing the boards with a wet hand. The next night I woke up about 3 am. As I lay there looking toward the picture window and door I heard 4 distinct knocks on the front wall. I asked loudly WHO IS THERE, There was no reply. I lay there looking in the front of the cabin, someone or something tried the front door handle twice. WHO IS THERE. Again there was no reply. I may have heard something on the porch then it was gone. I lay awake for sometime but nothing more happened. The cabin was lit with a dim light from our kerosene burner.  As it was pitch black outside it was impossible to see out the uncovered picture window from my bunk. The only thing that was heard was the wind whistling through our metal chimney cap. Maybe it was someone who was lost or someone trying to break in. But I have my doubts. We will be up there again in a few weeks and see what happens.     

• Upvote 2

gigantor

Hey Gary, thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Are you armed when you go up there? I would be...

Old Time Lifter

Did you look for footprints?

gigantor

We have 90 sighting reports from WI.

firefox_2019-03-01_22-52-26.png

wi-counties.jpg

Catmandoo
BFF Donor

If the door knob is rattled at 3AM, chamber a round, then talk.  A porch is mentioned. If the porch stays dry, sprinkle wood flour around, especially in front of the door. There is a motion detector available. Check out Buck Alert. I have not used the product. Battery operated, claimed range of 300'. Could be useful.

• Upvote 1

NatFoot
BFF Donor

Yeah, rattling the door knob?

Yikes.

Gary Hokkanen

Thanks to all of you for responses:  In reply let me say that I did look for footprints and found nothing. As the wind was blowing rather hard and the flour idea although a good one would not have worked that night. I will try it in the future. Yes I carry a side arm; however it was out of sight in my truck that night.  Had it been with me I do not believe that I would have chambered, unless the door had been forced. Did this incident scare me? I was alert and amazed but not scared. Would my tune change if I saw one?;  I don't know. If these beings exist what brought them to the cabin? I can only guess but have some ideas.  My hammer pounding may resemble wood knocking. The whistle of the cap on chimney may also create an interest. I have read reports of people who heard whistles while in the woods when bigfooting. I even remember reading Native American stories of the Windago. It whistled. Were these whistles bigfoot  communications? I just don't know what to think. My wife and I still remain skeptics; yet we remain open to possibilities. We purchased night vision binocs, and two small recording devices. The recorders I plan to station at points near the cabin. Thank you Director for the sightings information you provided. It made me wonder how many incidents go unreported. Again; thanks to all of you. I will keep all of you posted on anything that takes place in the future. Gary   

• Upvote 1

JustCurious

Welcome to the BFF Gary!  Which direction outside Park Falls is your cabin?  I'm very familiar with most all alleged activity up there.  I have family up there and actually spent a couple weeks there in October myself! 

You say you had foam board stacked up against the back wall.  Was it laying flat?  Still in the wrapping?  Partially opened?  I ask because it just so happens my brother is in the process of building too and there was a stack of foam board in the yard and the wind can catch it just right and it can make a squeaking noise from the boards rubbing against each other.

Are there pine trees anywhere fairly close to the cabin?  Pine cones can blow quite a distance and they make a lot of noise when they hit.

Thumps against the house could be deer.  With the foul weather, they will come close because the cabin offers shelter.  This is especially true if there are coyotes around. 

Something or someone trying the door in the middle of the night is not easy to explain.  You'd think people would see your vehicle and know the cabin was occupied, so theft shouldn't be a motive.  Besides, you would have heard a vehicle coming or going I'm sure. You don't have a bird feeder on your porch do you? If you do, expect bear visits. That's the only animal tall enough and that could come up on a porch that could accidentally bump up against the door handle to the point it would sound like someone/thing trying to get in.

Keep checking for tracks around the yard.  They will tell the story.

Gary Hokkanen

Hi Just Curious: I also had seriously considered the questions  you pose. The squeaking  took place while the was no wind. The foam was stacked in a horizontal position against the back wall. The knocking on the front was a distinct  1-2-3-4 cadence. The knob was twisted and not pushed. There was no food out of any type. Believe me, I will be looking for tracks or any other signs. Our place is east of Park Falls, off of 142. We plan to be up there again as soon the snow melts down a bit. We don't know what is going on but remain vigilant and skeptical. Thanks; Gary