masterbarber

The realism of the Patterson-Gimlin Film subject cannot be replicated with a costume so; what are the possibilities? (2)

masterbarber

Please continue here

PBeaton

My 2 cents...not a costume. 

:drinks:

mk_davis_pgf.gif

• Upvote 2

sasquatchstudies

I think the film is authentic for several reasons that are usually sited. 

The muscle structure 

The breasts 

The Natural Movement of the Sasquatch 

• Upvote 1

Twist

My 2 cents, inconclusive but maybe probably possibly not a costume at the same time maybe probably possibly a costume.   Neither would surprise me.  😂:drinks:

norseman
4 minutes ago, Twist said:

My 2 cents, inconclusive but maybe probably possibly not a costume at the same time maybe probably possibly a costume.   Neither would surprise me.  😂:drinks:

🤔

IMG_1530.JPG

MIB

I think she's real.   As I've said before, she's not identical to the two I've seen, but she's appropriate ... she's what I would expect as the female equivalent of the male I saw in '76 and she's what I'd expect of the mother of the late adolescent/early juvenile I saw in 2013.   Biologically appropriate for an adult female of the species.   If those two cowboys somehow hoaxed her, how did they know so precisely what to make her look like?   Never mind the materials to make a costume with the characteristics we see not existing for decades after the filming.   

Unless someone wants to demonstrate how people from the future traveled to the past with a costume from 2019, I don't see any viable alternative to her being real.

MIB

• Upvote 2

Old Time Lifter

It's hard to believe they made that costume way back then, that's for certain.

Twist
2 hours ago, norseman said:

🤔

IMG_1530.JPG

You know it buddy!   The beauty of being able to admit I don’t know is that I get a dandy little seat right there on that fence!! 

SweatyYeti
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Old Time Lifter said:

It's hard to believe they made that costume way back then, that's for certain.

It sure is, OTL. ;) 

Where are the folds/wrinkles???...(when Patty is doing the Twist)...

F383-F384-Butt-Movement-AG2.gif

Got any answers, Twist??  :haha:

Early-Frames-AG3-B.gif

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

norseman
1 hour ago, Twist said:

You know it buddy!   The beauty of being able to admit I don’t know is that I get a dandy little seat right there on that fence!! 

I think the film is real.

But it dont matter what I "think".

Its what I can prove.

And a 50 plus year old film? Aint gonna get it done. That water is long under the bridge. 

• Upvote 1

Twist
7 minutes ago, norseman said:

I think the film is real.

But it dont matter what I "think".

Its what I can prove.

And a 50 plus year old film? Aint gonna get it done. That water is long under the bridge. 

Agreed, we need one on the slab to compare to why we see on film.  Until then it’s inconclusive.

rockstar
4 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

It sure is, OTL. ;) 

Where are the folds/wrinkles???...(when Patty is doing the Twist)...

Got any answers, Twist??  :haha:

Early-Frames-AG3-B.gif

Your animated gif at the top captures her opening her mouth.

2 broke cowboys in the time of Captain Kirk fighting the Gorn thought to construct a costume that could open and close its mouth so that people 50 years later had the technology to finally see it? With boobs that swing and bounce? 

2 cowboys with no experience in Fx did that? Implausible. Ridiculously so.

It is exactly what they captured on film. 

• Like 1

xspider1

‘Inconclusive’ is in the eye of the beholder.  And, we are holding plenty of evidence of a real, living Sasquatch, in my opinion.  There seems to be only one logical explanation as to why the realism of the Patterson-Gimlin film subject cannot even be approached with a costume.  After all, movie producers have had millions of Bigfoot costume development dollars at their disposal since 1967 and there is still nothing even close.  So...  the math seems to be done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Daniel Perez

Perhaps one of the best and most informed opinions is someone that is mostly forgotten in intelligent discussion about the P-G film. His name is Robert "Bob" Merle Titmus, who met with both Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin right after the film was shot (in Canada) and was on the P-G filmsite late October 1967, not only to inspect the trackway that was left behind, but to make castings of the footprints as well. He told me by telephone when I was preparing my Bigfoot At Bluff Creek, "that is a genuine film." 

Bob was equipped to give a very informed opinion.

Having researched the film myself for decades I am 100% confident the P-G film depicts what we have come to know as Bigfoot, not a man in a costume.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Huntster
BFF Donor
16 hours ago, Twist said:

Agreed, we need one on the slab to compare to why we see on film.  Until then it’s inconclusive.

I refuse to provide anyone with a dead sasquatch for free, and the film is quite conclusive to me.

• Upvote 1