Jump to content
masterbarber

The realism of the Patterson-Gimlin Film subject cannot be replicated with a costume so; what are the possibilities? (2)

Recommended Posts

xspider1
BFF Donor
On 3/29/2019 at 12:11 PM, Huntster said:

Please read the following which is found at the very top of page 6 of the 2018-2019 Alaska Hunting Regulations (and which is a standard regulatory statement inserted into the regs annually):

 

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/applications/web/nocache/regulations/wildliferegulations/pdfs/regulations_complete.pdf150974E9C91611BB91A458E0FFDB14C4/regulations_complete.pdf


(As it is written in the regs, embolding, italics, and caps included)

 

 

Quote

Hunting seasons and bag limits for big game are listed by unit on pages 39-139 of this book. Other game seasons and bag limits are listed in the back of the book (pages 140-142). Look up the species you want to hunt and check for an open season - if it is open, you may hunt it. If the species is not listed, you MAY NOT hunt that species.

 

 

I do not subscribe to the adversarial debates, but the above is very important.  One can't just go out and shoot any animal of their choice and get away with it without that being legally pre-approved.

 

"Write to someone official and ask them what the truth is about Bigfoot and stop posting all this useless nonsense." hiflier

 

If only it were that easy.  What "official" exactly should we write to that will know the truth about Bigfoot? (rhetorical question).  Sorry, but subscribing to conspiracy theories in an effort to account for all-things unknown just doesn't work for everybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
27 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

..........If only it were that easy.  What "official" exactly should we write to that will know the truth about Bigfoot? (rhetorical question)........

 

Actually, it is pretty easy to type out letters, send them certified, and follow up afterwards. It's a whole bunch easier than trudging through the forest looking for a mythical beast that may exist, but be nearly extinct.

 

The officials to write to are the ones who should know of the existance of these creatures: the Area Biologists in a fish and game regulatory unit that has a high density of reports.

 

Now, that said, and like I posted to hiflier, I'm quite confident that they will simply blow you off, lie, or give the standard "I know of no such creature" line.

 

However, perhaps asking them if sasquatches exist is the wrong question. Why not just ask for permission to kill one. That's right. A request for a permit to harvest a sasquatch is an official petition that they are legally bound to reply to, and that reply could be very interesting. In fact, my bet is that it would open them up for more official probing.

 

I have petitioned the State of Alaska for several various permits here in Alaska to do things that are generally not allowed. Several were on behalf of my employer, the U.S. Army, but a few were for myself as an individual. All were granted. Two examples that I wrote for myself are the General Use Permit and the Anadromous Stream Crossing Permit. The General Use Permit legally allowed me to stash gear on state land, and the Anadromous Stream Crossing Permit allowed me to cross rivers that salmon migrate in with a wheeled vehicle. 

 

Another example of why permits are important is the Survivorman episode that Les Stroud shot in Taroka Arm, Alaska, which coincidentally was when he may have had his only sasquatch encounter. It is within the borders of the Kenai Fiords National Park, and he failed to get a permit to film there beforehand. That little slip costed him a reported $7K in fines. But had he gotten the permit (which I bet would have been granted with a smile), no problem (conversely, Timothy Treadwell, who was eaten by bears in Katmai National Park also filmed there without a permit, but the National Park Service let him get away with it for 13 years...........because they liked his lies and environmental bullspit........go figure).

 

So if the ADFG recieve a permit request to kill a sasquatch in a specified remote area in southeast Alaska (where no idiots would be to dress up in a monkey suit), and an outline of a planned hunt is written up and submitted with all the data like months/days of the hunt, locations, transport modes, hunt methods, certification of non-disclosure and no media release (to further reduce the risk of morons in monkey suits as well as reduce potential embarassment to approving officials), and intent to submit the dead sasquatch to Dr. Meldrum along with prompt reporting to ADFG, etc.........what are they going to do? If they refuse to grant permission, they're going to have to cite a reason. And if they grant permission, what does that mean?

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
BFF Donor
13 hours ago, xspider1 said:

Sorry, but subscribing to conspiracy theories in an effort to account for all-things unknown just doesn't work for everybody.

 

No disrespect intended here but if you are directing that at me it is a bit of an insult. This whole thing is not based on a conspiracy theory. It is and has been based on the facts of the Olympic Projects report of the facts. My emails are asking for a summary of what the DNR thinks made those structures- because they went and saw them. They are also asking whether or not Sasquatch is a real creature. No conspiracy theory required.

 

California has DNR agents who are also timber cruisers on state forest lands. I would ask them the same things but as far as I know none of them have seen nest-like structures similar to Gorilla nests ;) WA DNR sent people to the site. It's the only reason that particular door is being knocked on.

 

Hunster, that would be an interesting plan of approach. Makes me wonder whether having science's blessing or even an academia's request for a body to study would cause anyone to sit up and take notice. Why wouldn't a state biologist want to know? The trick would be getting everyone who would be necessary on board to back the project. Scientists, biologists etc..

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
2 hours ago, hiflier said:

.........Hunster, that would be an interesting plan of approach. Makes me wonder whether having science's blessing or even an academia's request for a body to study would cause anyone to sit up and take notice. Why wouldn't a state biologist want to know? The trick would be getting everyone who would be necessary on board to back the project. Scientists, biologists etc..

 

Similar to your campaign, mine is simply to force officialdom to respond with something, which, of course, is precisely what they don't want to do. A special use permit request is a kegal document, just like contact proposals, requests for information, etc. If written right, complete wit a history of sasquatch reports in the proposed area, it only makes the request more difficult to blow off. 

 

Getting an accredited biologist or academian on board with the request, of course, makes the request almost bulletproof in terms of mandating a response.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
BFF Donor
5 hours ago, Huntster said:

 

Similar to your campaign, mine is simply to force officialdom to respond with something, which, of course, is precisely what they don't want to do. A special use permit request is a kegal document, just like contact proposals, requests for information, etc. If written right, complete wit a history of sasquatch reports in the proposed area, it only makes the request more difficult to blow off. 

 

Getting an accredited biologist or academian on board with the request, of course, makes the request almost bulletproof in terms of mandating a response.

 

Do you think it's time? Personally I think the truth is long overdue- like decades long overdue. Why should a "myth" be such a big deal to anyone in authority? The hardship, or perceived hardship of getting the truth is so out of proportion to something that doesn't exist. Of course if it does.......well we kinda know the nightmare THAT would create from the DOI/DOA right on down to the guy that only wants to pitch a tent in the woods or shoot a deer.

 

If it doesn't exist then it will be business as usual- no harm, no foul........except for the revenue from the Bigfoot Biz, namely the billions in TV advertising revenue...oh yes...and any book, footprint cast, t-shirt, bobble head, expedition and anything else associated with the phenomenon that generates a sale. There could be a small problem there I would guess.

 

One could always still use all the trail cameras to see normal game animals, the thermal imagers to find heat loss in buildings, night vision to.......find a dog? Couldn't even guess how many of just those three devices were bought just because of Sasquatch. Getting the truth is no small matter. And anyone endeavoring to do so needs to understand and truly fathom the potential ramifications before making any efforts in that direction.

Edited by hiflier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
25 minutes ago, hiflier said:

.........Why should a "myth" be such a big deal to anyone in authority? ..........

 

Like I've written in the past, if it's a hominin, it changes all of mankind socially and politically. It will be the biggest thing since Columbus, and perhaps bigger than that. And that is precisely why government is quiet.

 

..........

If it doesn't exist then it will be business as usual- no harm, no foul........except for the revenue from the Bigfoot Biz, namely the billions in TV advertising revenue...oh yes...and any book, footprint cast, t-shirt, bobble head, expedition and anything else associated with the phenomenon that generates a sale. There could be a small problem there I would guess...........

 

I don't think government cares about the tiny sasquatch marketing industry, which is really in its infancy. There was none of it before the PG film, and very little afterwards until Harry and the Hendersons. A few B-Class movies and backwoods general stores was about it. And frankly, with all the unicorn and alien marketing out there today as an example, it's a pretty sure thing that even if sasquatches don't exist, the fantasy marketing will continue for at least another half century or more.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor
22 hours ago, xspider1 said:

 

I do not subscribe to the adversarial debates, but the above is very important.  One can't just go out and shoot any animal of their choice and get away with it without that being legally pre-approved.

 

"Write to someone official and ask them what the truth is about Bigfoot and stop posting all this useless nonsense." hiflier

 

If only it were that easy.  What "official" exactly should we write to that will know the truth about Bigfoot? (rhetorical question).  Sorry, but subscribing to conspiracy theories in an effort to account for all-things unknown just doesn't work for everybody.

 

Again.... Sasquatch IS NOT a species. They cannot have their cake and eat it too.

 

There is no choice. Look at how science has discovered and recognized species for hundreds of years. Places like the Smithsonian are a graveyard of categorized “discovered” species.

 

We can decry academia and the system as rigged all we want. We do all the work and they get all the glory after they long turned up there noses at it. This is all true. Huntster speaks the truth.

 

But it changes nothing. There is only one way forward. And it doesn’t involve plaster casts, PGF analyses or FLIR photos. Take a damn good look at that photo. Do you see any of those things on display!? They are bone collectors! They want a body! Or? Don’t bother me kooky person!

 

The gold ring is if you trip over one that died of a heart attack or choked on a grouse or got flattened by a log truck! Absolutely! But if I’m looking right at the damn thing? I ain’t waiting around no more. I’m gonna aim for the T box and let 540 grains fly. And uppity scientists and over reaching pine cone cops and Bigfoot army and cantankerous mules can all stick it where the sun don’t shine.

 

I’m sure you all are sick and tired of me spouting this, heck I’m sick of it too. But all I can do right now is chomp at the bit. But mark my words when the good lord lets me off this merry go round I’m heading west for one of the few times of my life loaded fer bear. Maybe, just maybe I’ll get lucky or unlucky , depending on yer perspective.

F7F6F2AC-6171-40BF-9159-8BA4522C14A7.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Catmandoo
BFF Donor
3 minutes ago, norseman said:

We can decry academia and the system as rigged all we want. We do all the work and they get all the glory after they long turned up there noses at it. This is all true. Huntster speaks the truth.

 

 Very true Norseman. A simpler term is " pawn sacrifice". We will be kicked to the curb instantly.  There are other creatures to pursue: on land,  air creatures and a lot in water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
33 minutes ago, norseman said:

.........The gold ring is if you trip over one that died of a heart attack or choked on a grouse or got flattened by a log truck!.......

 

LOL.......!

 

.........But if I’m looking right at the damn thing? I ain’t waiting around no more. I’m gonna aim for the T box and let 540 grains fly. And uppity scientists and over reaching pine cone cops and Bigfoot army and cantankerous mules can all stick it where the sun don’t shine.



 

I’m sure you all are sick and tired of me spouting this.........

 

I'm not. And I'd be honored to attend your trial, if the prosecute you, and call all the lawyers vipers..........or worse things that I can't type here.........

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantor
34 minutes ago, Huntster said:

And I'd be honored to attend your trial

 

There would be no trial if you're smart. After the kill, simply cut about 2 pounds of flesh to take with you, bury any extremety and vacate the area. Freeze the meat asap and do not tell anyone. Go back two months later and retrieve the bones, just a few will suffice.

 

Then announce the find from the State you reside in and present some of the meat for study and DNA tests to several labs. That's it, as long as you keep your mouth shut they can't touch you. If asked where you obtained the specimen, decline to answer specifically, just say "not in this state". If they ask for the circumstances, decline to answer. Do not say you killed it, shot it, or anything. Just shut up.

 

If they try to compel you to answer, plead the 5th. End of story.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xspider1
BFF Donor

No insult intended, hiflier, I'm sorry if I gave that impression.  We each seek the truth in our own way and you are certainly entitled to do just that.  My point is this:

Suppose that every official in the world was queried as to the truth about Bigfoot.  I am confident that those inquiries would yield the following results:

 

Something close to all of those people queried would not respond at all. 

Of those that might respond, 0% would tell you that the Government has convincing Scientific evidence that Bigfoot are real, biological animals. 

 

That determination is based on my belief that if the Government had proof of Bigfoot, we would know about it.  Significant information always finds the light of day eventually and it always has.  I'm not discounting the possibility that there may be 1 or even a few 'officials' who have discovered the truth about Bigfoot and have decided to keep it a secret; I'm just saying that the odds of those people being contacted via a new campaign which suddenly compels them to spill the beans and an associated proof of Bigfoot is very close to 0.  By all means though, carry on.  I really do wish you luck with that endeavor, I just don't think it will work.

 

As far as killing one with no repercussions, I'm not sure what part of:  "Look up the species you want to hunt and check for an open season - if it is open, you may hunt it. If the species is not listed, you MAY NOT hunt that species" isn't crystal clear.  Bigfoot is a species whether their particular species has already been categorized or not.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantor
2 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

I'm not sure what part of:  "Look up the species you want to hunt and check for an open season - if it is open, you may hunt it. If the species is not listed, you MAY NOT hunt that species" isn't crystal clear

 

That is what the letter of the law says, you are correct. The law also says you may not drive faster than the posted speed limit...  its not always enforceable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, gigantor said:

.......Then announce the find from the State you reside in and present some of the meat for study and DNA tests to several labs. That's it, as long as you keep your mouth shut they can't touch you. If asked where you obtained the specimen, decline to answer specifically, just say "not in this state"........

 

Pretty good theory, especially based on the 5th Amendment. But please allow me to test it.......

 

1) What if the DNA cimes back as "human" like so many in the past? If you truly shot a sasquatch, you'd then know personally that they are a hominin, but you'd be in the same sutuation as so many in the past. What's worse, the authorities might up their game upon such results.

 

2) If the DNA results come back as a new species, the pressure to reveal location, details, and a complete skeleton get intensified. As soon as discovery occurs, it will be like a gold rush. They'll want a complete carcass, a live specimen, and insertion into a family unit to co-habitate. The pressure will be overwhelming.

1 hour ago, xspider1 said:

.........Significant information always finds the light of day eventually and it always has.........

 

Who killed Kennedy?

 

Now, keying into your use of the word "eventually" in your statement, we can rest assurred that sasquatches, if they exist, will likely eventually be discovered..........but we may still be a half century away from that.......or more. Considering the fact that sasquatchery is much younger a mystery than, say, giant squids (which eluded scientific acceptance for at least 2,000 years), we may yet be in for a wait much longer than 50 years. They might even go extinct before scientific acceptance.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
BFF Donor

Interesting little story for you all: I queried my own F&W agency about a month ago. I gave them a very brief history of the situation with the OP nesting site and mentioned that I had not received and replies to my emails. I asked them if they could send an inquiry of their own on official letterhead on my behalf and ask the WA DNR what their conclusions were. I got a boilerplate reply saying someone would respond in a few business days. There was no reply. I let three weeks go by before sending a follow up.

 

My follow up only asked if anyone had received my first email. I got an immediate response!! They told me they do not concern themselves with things that do not pertain to their jurisdiction (my state). Since I saw that there was someone in fact on the other end I immediately sent off an email asking whether or not a creature called a Sasquatch/Bigfoot was real or not. That was a week ago and so far nothing.

 

Thought it would be of interest to you. I thought I would just go to the agency today (it's today for me) but then I remembered that today is April Fool's Day and someone there might not take the "joke" all that well LOL. So I may give it the rest of the week to see if someone answers my Sasquatch existence question. If I don't receive anything by the end of this Friday then next week I will go there.

 

19 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Now, keying into your use of the word "eventually" in your statement, we can rest assurred that sasquatches, if they exist, will likely eventually be discovered..........but we may still be a half century away from that.......or more. Considering the fact that sasquatchery is much younger a mystery than, say, giant squids (which eluded scientific acceptance for at least 2,000 years), we may yet be in for a wait much longer than 50 years. They might even go extinct before scientific acceptance.

 

This is exactly why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Edited by hiflier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×