Jump to content
masterbarber

The realism of the Patterson-Gimlin Film subject cannot be replicated with a costume so; what are the possibilities? (2)

Recommended Posts

Backdoc
1 hour ago, Daniel Perez said:

 not only to inspect the trackway that was left behind, but to make castings of the footprints as well.

 

 

Did Titmus bring a camera with him to take pics of the trackway or anything else that day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldMort
Posted (edited)

"This is an actual cast of a bigfoot imprint made in 1958 at Bluff Creek in Humboldt County CA."

 

                                                        "BIGFOOT IS NOT A HOAX"

 

karp.thumb.jpg.919e15551102c8a9e1cb67dbecaa79b5.jpg

Edited by OldMort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squatchy McSquatch
23 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

 

 

Did Titmus bring a camera with him to take pics of the trackway or anything else that day?

 

No.

 

Titmus brought neither a camera or a tape measure with him to Bluff Creek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twist
1 hour ago, Huntster said:

 

I refuse to provide anyone with a dead sasquatch for free, and the film is quite conclusive to me.

 

I respect both those statements just fine, it just so happens I have a different opinion on the film.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Backdoc
1 hour ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

 

No.

 

Titmus brought neither a camera or a tape measure with him to Bluff Creek.

 

 

Thanks Squatchy

 

I had not seen anything about it but you never know until you ask.

 

It is frustrating someone didn't think to take some panoramic views of the trackway that day or early on.  Under the circumstances I guess I am just glad we have what we have considering:

1)  Remote Location

2)  1967 era vs the ease of today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
2 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

........Titmus brought neither a camera or a tape measure with him to Bluff Creek.

 

Did he bring a rifle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patterson-Gimlin

The film is a thing of beauty and appears to be the real deal. 

That is a problem since it is most likely the creature does not exist. 

 

Therefore it is inconclusive. 

Thanks Squatchey for sharing the link.

True or not when it comes to the subject of Bigfoot only a specimen can be trusted 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Time Lifter
3 hours ago, Huntster said:

 

I refuse to provide anyone with a dead sasquatch for free, and the film is quite conclusive to me.

 

 

I think if you're lucky enough to provide a corpse you'll be well rewarded.  The problem is that whoever it is will likely be foolish and waste the sudden wealth.  The track record of lottery winners would seem to indicate that sudden wealth almost always ends badly.

2 hours ago, OldMort said:

"This is an actual cast of a bigfoot imprint made in 1958 at Bluff Creek in Humboldt County CA."

 

                                                        "BIGFOOT IS NOT A HOAX"

 

karp.thumb.jpg.919e15551102c8a9e1cb67dbecaa79b5.jpg

 

Most of the castings (and not just these 5) look pretty bogus to me... of these five only the one on the extreme right from a quick glance looks convincing... the one in the middle is I hope an example of a hoaxed print.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
5 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

 

I think if you're lucky enough to provide a corpse you'll be well rewarded.  The problem is that whoever it is will likely be foolish and waste the sudden wealth.  The track record of lottery winners would seem to indicate that sudden wealth almost always ends badly.

 

Most of the castings (and not just these 5) look pretty bogus to me... of these five only the one on the extreme right from a quick glance looks convincing... the one in the middle is I hope an example of a hoaxed print.

 

I would donate the proceeds back to the species. Either the World Wildlife Fund or some new entity that was committed to protection.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squatchy McSquatch
27 minutes ago, Huntster said:

 

Did he bring a rifle?

 

From what I’ve read about Titmus and his many blunders,  he probably brought a rifle but left the cartridges at home.

 

Seriously, what kind of ‘expert tracker’ mistakes a pile of horse/donkey dung for a bigfoot toilet?

 

What kind of taxidermist (Titmus was one btw) misidentifies moose hair for Bigfoot hair?

 

Anyway, enough about Titmus. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patterson-Gimlin
8 minutes ago, norseman said:

 

I would donate the proceeds back to the species. Either the World Wildlife Fund or some new entity that was committed to protection.

That my friend is very commendable. 

A man of honor and character is exactly why someone like you deserves to be the one who bags one if at all possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
18 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

I think if you're lucky enough to provide a corpse you'll be well rewarded........

 

Paul du Chaillu brought the first gorilla carcass out of Africa for science, and he was regarded with derision and disbelief.........that’s right; even a carcass wasn’t enough for many.

 

And it wasn’t against the law to shoot animals that didn’t exist back then. Today it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldMort
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Most of the castings (and not just these 5) look pretty bogus to me... of these five only the one on the extreme right from a quick glance looks convincing... the one in the middle is I hope an example of a hoaxed print.

 

Yes! That's why I posted the picture.

 

I took it while I was at the Bigfoot Museum in Willow Creek.

 

These casts look even more comical when you see them in person.

 

If this display is supposed to somehow honor or pay tribute to Titmus, the great tracker, then this is embarrassing.

 

No, not a good look for Bob at the Mecca of Bigfootery.

Edited by OldMort
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
20 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

That my friend is very commendable. 

A man of honor and character is exactly why someone like you deserves to be the one who bags one if at all possible. 

 

Well, I dont know about deserving... Someone like Dahinden was deserving. I go out when I can between work, family and lately health issues. I have not dedicated my life to it.

 

But I do want whats best for the species if its out here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...