masterbarber

The realism of the Patterson-Gimlin Film subject cannot be replicated with a costume so; what are the possibilities? (2)

gigantor
58 minutes ago, Huntster said:

That babe looked and sounded younger than Patty. She's got perky breasts

There is something very wrong with you...

• Upvote 1

hiflier
Posted (edited)

Yeah, he's got it bad LOL. Looking at that sketch though I cannot help, in the scientific sense, to quite get my head around such a creature's very existence. It is absolutely beyond astounding to even think about that. Sure, I joke around and all but the true seriousness of it cannot be understated. I think we get desensitized through our discussions on so many threads and subjects that the real impact has been dulled. The existence of a Sasquatch is a powerful thought to possess and I firmly think that what we do with it and about it says a lot about us.

Edited by hiflier

norseman
11 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

Patty had the upper body strength to pull your arms out of their sockets, the speed to run down a deer and the breath to crack drywall.

If that is what you are looking for in your cross-species dating, then go for it. Just do not disappoint!

Imagine your offspring! They would go in the first round of the NFL draft.

Huntster
2 hours ago, gigantor said:

There is something very wrong with you...

You knew that all along, didn't you?

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Imagine your offspring! They would go in the first round of the NFL draft.

In high school, I was a vicious linebacker. With another 200 lbs and thrice the bulk, I would have really had fun. As it was, the other linebacker on our defense was a 425 lb Samoan who was 3.5' tall.........lying down. That's why the opposing team ran towards me so regularly.

norseman
5 minutes ago, Huntster said:

You knew that all along, didn't you?

In high school, I was a vicious linebacker. With another 200 lbs and thrice the bulk, I would have really had fun. As it was, the other linebacker on our defense was a 425 lb Samoan who was 3.5' tall.........lying down. That's why the opposing team ran towards me so regularly.

You would kill people!

Huntster

LOL! I'd hate to have Andre disliking me.

norseman

Right? It looks like a man sitting on a 8 year old.

Backdoc

Concept of 'Bigfoot' vs 'science'

Today I listened to the NPR radio here in Iowa.  They were talking about a lottery scandal involving some who tried to fix the Iowa Lottery and got caught.  Apparently one of the scammers had also 'won' the lottery in Texas as well and the FBI was looking into it.  The radio host said "Apparently this has something to do with...Bigfoot (slight chuckling)?"  The guest commentator went on to tell the host, "Yes when we asked the Texas FBI about the guy he said, 'oh that is my bigfoot guy'  I was told by him he was a bigfoot hunter and we were looking into if he was really hunting for bigfoot or if he was just involved with people who believed in bigfoot and ripping them off as well since people who believe in bigfoot are more likely to be really gullible. (again much chuckling)"

I think some might be gullible but most are not.  The idea to just paint a group like that and being so dismissive made me a bit mad. I say this as one of the undecideds on the BFF.  Yet, give me a break.  Pretty insulting.  

Is it any wonder there are very few who are willing to look into this in many disciplines?  This includes film people, wildlife people, creature effects people, scientists, and so on?

This made it even more clear to me the Bigfoot subject is unlikely to get much serious study in spite of the interests out there, until such a creature walks into the Superbowl.

( I know it is off topic but no where else to post)

Backdoc

Interesting video for conversation:

OldMort

^^^ In my opinion these Hollywood creations all have the same basic look to them.

In other words, they look like they were made in Hollywood.

Are they meant to look realistic? To actually fool anyone? To be kid friendly?

It is important to consider the intent of the creator. What are they attempting to convey?

Patty looks nothing like these slick L.A. movie industry offerings.

Edited by OldMort
  • Like 1

gigantor
1 hour ago, OldMort said:

Patty looks nothing like these slick L.A. movie industry offerings.

I agree, check out the long hair in the neck area to hide the seams of the mask.

hiflier

Even if the costume could be worn by someone who is 6 feet tall the costume's shoulders aren't anywhere near 30" wide. It would take a lot of redoing and redesign to have 30" shoulders and maintain a normal looking arm swing that would place the elbow location correctly and have finger movement. Yep, those cowboys back in 1967 were real geniuses, eh? ;) 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

OldMort

^^^ I wouldn't get too carried away, but if it was a suit it certainly wasn't made by some geek in Hollywood.

It's simply not their "style" of creature.

One thing that I'm not clear about though is this: Perhaps I'm wrong but haven't many PGF proponents stated that according to Hollywood it would cost up to a quarter of a million dollars to make a comparable suit?

Yet here we have one of Hollywood's "finest", Rick Baker, auctioning off a state of the art gadget suit at a price between 4 or 6 thousand bucks.

Perhaps I'm missing something here....

2 hours ago, gigantor said:

I agree, check out the long hair in the neck area to hide the seams of the mask.

I have never seen any trace of a mask! Have you?

Edited by OldMort

Oonjerah
3 hours ago, hiflier said:

Even if the costume could be worn by someone who is 6 feet tall the costume's shoulders aren't anywhere near 30" wide. It would take a lot of redoing and redesign to have 30" shoulders and maintain a normal looking arm swing that would place the elbow location correctly and have finger movement. Yep, those cowboys back in 1967 were real geniuses, eh? ;) 

"Planet of the Apes" came out the following year.   The "chimps" only wore masks, & those looked OK, but wouldn't fool

you into thinking they were real.  The "gorillas" were a throw away. 

Since the PGF, I'm rather amazed at how few bigfoot sightings have been reported.  There are lots of cameras out

there, yes?  For decades, failing to take pictures of Bigfoot in its habitat.

The other thing that proves Patty was real is Jeff Meldrum's collection of over 1,000 footprint casts.

Maybe Bigfoot really does have a 6th sense, an intuition that lets them avoid us.  ...  Why do they want to avoid us

when we have so much food?

hiflier

Food and thunder sticks.