masterbarber

The realism of the Patterson-Gimlin Film subject cannot be replicated with a costume so; what are the possibilities? (2)

Squatchy McSquatch
57 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Oh, I can bet that one at the drop of a hat.

I enjoyed it much more when you were locked away in the Premium section. Away from the rest of the site. 

• Downvote 2

Old Time Lifter

D4Gp.gif

Huntster
1 hour ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

I enjoyed it much more when you were locked away in the Premium section. Away from the rest of the site. 

I'll bet you did. You're the type who loves the lawyer class silencing those who light fires under chairs........especially yours. 

rockstar
2 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

Well said, Huntster. :) 

We don't need to kill a Sasquatch, in order to provide a specimen for good ol' Mr. Scientist...(who can't seem to understand simple scientific analyses).  A creature can be shot with a tranquilizer dart, just as well as with a bullet.  

Tranquilizers don't travel as fast and as far as a bullet. An expert marksman can hit a target thousands of feet away. With a tranquilizer setup you almost need to be in a fist fight with a Sasquatch to make contact. 

I believe the best most harmless way to capture evidence is with a multi camera trap setup capturing the squatch from multiple angles. Not cheap game cams, but high quality film industry type. You could also do a mix of film and digital to help rule out cgi foolery.

Twist
1 hour ago, rockstar said:

Tranquilizers don't travel as fast and as far as a bullet. An expert marksman can hit a target thousands of feet away. With a tranquilizer setup you almost need to be in a fist fight with a Sasquatch to make contact. 

I believe the best most harmless way to capture evidence is with a multi camera trap setup capturing the squatch from multiple angles. Not cheap game cams, but high quality film industry type. You could also do a mix of film and digital to help rule out cgi foolery.

IMO the only thing that will put it in the science books as fact is a body.  I can imagine a scenario where multiple pics, vids, etc make it a commonly accepted or knowing thing, but science needs its body or remains.  

• Thanks 1

Patterson-Gimlin
On 3/10/2019 at 6:24 PM, Huntster said:

A carcass would prove the creatures existence, and that would be regardless of the deniers dying protestations, final arguments, and angry demands for the punishment of the murderer who killed the creature and ended their silly games.  

Paul du Chaillu didn't strike out into the sub-Saharan jungles to prove the existence of gorillas. He was an overall adventurer. In addition to his experience with gorillas, he described tribes of pygmies and natural wonders that were also laughed at and condemned. The main difference between him and a capable 21st Century backpacker in the PNW was his employ of local indigenous packers/guides, his firepower, and his willingness and ability to kill a gorilla and bring it back.

I used to believe that a du Chaillu approach was due and needed. Not any more. I have come to believe that both God and government are protecting these "creatures" (people, really) from Man. I'm good with that. If I'm truly blessed, I'll get a glimpse of one. If not, that's okay. I never saw a tiger in the wild, either, but like the PG film, I saw them on TV.........

I respect your opinion, but that is all it is.

If the creatures exist then one specimen 

Would go along way for conservation. 

Documented creatures can be protected and studied. Mythical ones cannot. 

Expeditions like the one you described have been conducted by experienced mountain climbers with the Sherpas and not a single Yeti has been documented. 

You mention pictures of wild animals and they are countless. One iconic film of an undocumented creature is of  no comparison to those pictures. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Daniel Perez

"Patterson-Gimlin" hit the nail on the head: "Documented creatures can be protected and studied. Mythical ones cannot."

No one will stop you from trying to kill a unicorn.

Old Time Lifter
21 minutes ago, Daniel Perez said:

"Patterson-Gimlin" hit the nail on the head: "Documented creatures can be protected and studied. Mythical ones cannot."

No one will stop you from trying to kill a unicorn.

Doesn't killing a unicorn come along with a curse?

Huntster
31 minutes ago, Daniel Perez said:

.......No one will stop you from trying to kill a unicorn.

But they might throw you in jail after you do it.

SweatyYeti
3 hours ago, rockstar said:

Thanks for the info, Rockstar.  :) 

But, even if tranquilizing isn't feasible....I would still think that shooting one isn't the way to go.   

I think that the best way to settle this mystery....is with drones. With enough of them flying over sighting hotspots...they should be able to either capture them on video...quite clearly.....or, show that they are simply not there

Catmandoo
6 hours ago, rockstar said:

You could also do a mix of film and digital to help rule out cgi foolery.

Shoulda--coulda-woulda department.   Phrase "you could....." is a classic.    Do you have knowledge and experience in the formats that you mentioned?   Please help by listing film cameras, film type, digital cameras, audio equipment, triggering mechanisms, batteries and lighting. 

I am camera heavy. I am curious as to what you have.

Incorrigible1

The brutal reality is that a carcass on a slab is required.

Capturing or tranquilizing said creature is a pipe dream.

Norse with his .45-70 Guide gun is the solution to this convuleted issue.

Huntster
6 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

The brutal reality is that a carcass on a slab is required.........

I'm just of the defensive legal position that those who require it need to get busy with the killing.........or change the laws/regs so that people like me feel legally safe doing it for them.

.........Capturing or tranquilizing said creature is a pipe dream.

Norse with his .45-70 Guide gun is the solution to this convuleted issue.

Agreed. Tranquilizing can kill almost as readily as a bullet, especially with a creature as unknown as this. Type and dosage is a complete unknown. 

The drone suggestion is great for possible video evidence, which is great (especially since the drone can easily follow the subject to it's range and battery limitations), but video only gives the Squatchy types more material to bloviate about. But I'll gladly watch it. 

OkieFoot

I think one group that should have a keen interest in the killing of a Bigfoot for science are any hoaxers thinking about putting on a Bigfoot costume and pulling a prank. A hoaxer doesn't know who would have a gun or who doesn't or what their thinking is. Imagine putting on a costume and pulling a prank on private property.

Old Time Lifter
30 minutes ago, OkieFoot said:

I think one group that should have a keen interest in the killing of a Bigfoot for science are any hoaxers thinking about putting on a Bigfoot costume and pulling a prank. A hoaxer doesn't know who would have a gun or who doesn't or what their thinking is. Imagine putting on a costume and pulling a prank on private property.

I have to believe that the folks using costumes to hoax a bf sighting are doing so in order for their friends to film them.  I certainly hope nobody is dumb enough to go out waiting for a hiker to pass by and then pop out as a BF.  First of all you might wait a long time and second of all some hikers are packing.