masterbarber

The realism of the Patterson-Gimlin Film subject cannot be replicated with a costume so; what are the possibilities? (2)

hiflier

With all due respect these last few posts are a bit off the mark. There's a LOT that can be done for a LOT less trouble before the bullet even leaves the barrel. For the record the people that should be killing a Bigfoot are scientists backed by government. Government to include the DOI, BLM, F&S, Department of Agriculture and the Park Service. And that just at the Federal level regarding National Forests, public lands, Army Cops of Engineers land....... etc.

Then one gets to scientists at the state agency level. If this creature is real, and RARE, then it shouldn't ever be left to the private sector to shoot one. Is this saying then that the creature doesn't exist so a specimen cannot be had? One way to find out is to tap out a few emails and point blank ask about the animal's extant status. No harm in doing that that I can see. If anyone is truly serious about Sasquatch and its being alive and out there somewhere then one should leave no stone unturned or any effort undone. And that includes simple correspondence to people or agencies that should KNOW.

This is what I don't get about the BF community. Everyone talks with a seemingly serious dialogue all the way to pulling the trigger but make no effort along the lines of trying everything before that moment occurs. It truly makes me wonder how seriously people take this creature. Answer? Not very seriously at all if zero effort is being made to avoid killing this creature in order to get an answer. You all know this has been my position for a long time now. You all know how much of a waste of time it is drive the point home. Point being no one has to KILL this creature. Just make th effort to bring the answer to ground through the proper channels with the proper number of people.

Here's a scenario for you: What if instead of 400 people spending money to go to a Bigfoot conference all get together and show up at an agency like Fish and Wildlife or a Department of natural resources and pop the existence question in a petition to the officials at the agency?. Personally I think it would be time and money well spent. And then just keep doing that until an answer is forthcoming. It's an adult question which needs addressing with replies that are not the typical boilerplate responses that everyone always gives. Be honest with yourselves and admit that this is best way, and the mature thing, to do for anyone who is truly serious about Sasquatch.  I'm not bullying here as I seem to always be accused of that. As far as I can see ALL comments short of actually contacting officials in force- as a group- are weak hollow excuses. The issue really is: You know I am right in pushing this.

Tranquilize the Bigfoot, shoot the Bigfoot, trap the Bigfoot.......its all kind of silly if you ask me when grown ups could be so much more effective by taking a grown up approach.

Old Time Lifter
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, hiflier said:

With all due respect these last few posts are a bit off the mark. There's a LOT that can be done for a LOT less trouble before the bullet even leaves the barrel. For the record the people that should be killing a Bigfoot are scientists backed by government. Government to include the DOI, BLM, F&S, Department of Agriculture and the Park Service. And that just at the Federal level regarding National Forests, public lands, Army Cops of Engineers land....... etc.

Then one gets to scientists at the state agency level. If this creature is real, and RARE, then it shouldn't ever be left to the private sector to shoot one. Is this saying then that the creature doesn't exist so a specimen cannot be had? One way to find out is to tap out a few emails and point blank ask about the animal's extant status. No harm in doing that that I can see. If anyone is truly serious about Sasquatch and its being alive and out there somewhere then one should leave no stone unturned or any effort undone. And that includes simple correspondence to people or agencies that should KNOW.

This is what I don't get about the BF community. Everyone talks with a seemingly serious dialogue all the way to pulling the trigger but make no effort along the lines of trying everything before that moment occurs. It truly makes me wonder how seriously people take this creature. Answer? Not very seriously at all if zero effort is being made to avoid killing this creature in order to get an answer. You all know this has been my position for a long time now. You all know how much of a waste of time it is drive the point home. Point being no one has to KILL this creature. Just make th effort to bring the answer to ground through the proper channels with the proper number of people.

Here's a scenario for you: What if instead of 400 people spending money to go to a Bigfoot conference all get together and show up at an agency like Fish and Wildlife or a Department of natural resources and pop the existence question in a petition to the officials at the agency?. Personally I think it would be time and money well spent. And then just keep doing that until an answer is forthcoming. It's an adult question which needs addressing with replies that are not the typical boilerplate responses that everyone always gives. Be honest with yourselves and admit that this is best way, and the mature thing, to do for anyone who is truly serious about Sasquatch.  I'm not bullying here as I seem to always be accused of that. As far as I can see ALL comments short of actually contacting officials in force- as a group- are weak hollow excuses. The issue really is: You know I am right in pushing this.

Tranquilize the Bigfoot, shoot the Bigfoot, trap the Bigfoot.......its all kind of silly if you ask me when grown ups could be so much more effective by taking a grown up approach.

If they do know and aren't telling you now, what in the world makes you think any amount of letters is going to make them suddenly tell you?

I don't think there's any official knowledge about BF so IMHO you could write all the letters you want and you will have just wasted time and money on something that would never give you anything.

Obviously, we disagree but I for one do not believe the government is hiding BF from the public.

Edited by Old Time Lifter
  • Upvote 2

Huntster
1 hour ago, Old Time Lifter said:

I have to believe that the folks using costumes to hoax a bf sighting are doing so in order for their friends to film them.  I certainly hope nobody is dumb enough to go out waiting for a hiker to pass by and then pop out as a BF...........

This wasn't a kid, either. This was a 44 year old man. 

Pretty sad way to go...........

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-bigfoot-death/man-apparently-attempting-bigfoot-hoax-killed-on-montana-highway-idUSBRE87R1B620120828

A man wearing a bushy, military-style camouflage suit in an apparent attempt to impersonate the mythical creature Bigfoot has died after being struck on a Montana highway by two cars, police said on Tuesday..........

The fact that there are people like this out there is often cited as a reason why shooting a bigfoot should be outlawed, but I ask: is it illegal to dress up in a bigfoot suit along the highway or in a mask on and run around a bank with a non-operating AK-47 replica?

• Confused 1

Old Time Lifter
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

This wasn't a kid, either. This was a 44 year old man. 

Pretty sad way to go...........

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-bigfoot-death/man-apparently-attempting-bigfoot-hoax-killed-on-montana-highway-idUSBRE87R1B620120828

The fact that there are people like this out there is often cited as a reason why shooting a bigfoot should be outlawed, but I ask: is it illegal to dress up in a bigfoot suit along the highway or in a mask on and run around a bank with a non-operating AK-47 replica?

Note to self, never say "I hope nobody is dumb enough"... too many take that as a challenge.

Edited by Old Time Lifter
  • Haha 1

OkieFoot
1 hour ago, Old Time Lifter said:

I have to believe that the folks using costumes to hoax a bf sighting are doing so in order for their friends to film them.  I certainly hope nobody is dumb enough to go out waiting for a hiker to pass by and then pop out as a BF.  First of all you might wait a long time and second of all some hikers are packing.

Let's hope this is what hoaxers are really doing. As you touched on in the hiker scenario, imagine walking around the woods in a costume during hunting season; quite a few sightings are made by hunters. Or being by the edge of a road and being visible as a vehicle approaches.

If hoaxers are trying to pull a prank where a friend isn't involved and they aren't in control of the whole situation, they just might not be able to control the outcome. And the main factor they can't control is what is another person going to do. 

Huntster
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

........For the record the people that should be killing a Bigfoot are scientists backed by government.........

Hear, Hear!

.........This is what I don't get about the BF community. Everyone talks with a seemingly serious dialogue all the way to pulling the trigger but make no effort along the lines of trying everything before that moment occurs. It truly makes me wonder how seriously people take this creature. Answer? Not very seriously at all if zero effort is being made to avoid killing this creature in order to get an answer.......

I'll admit it; sasquatch discovery is way, way down at the bottom of my long list of priorities. In fact, I don't care if they never get discovered by science, or even if they go extinct. I would just like to have a visual myself. Call me selfish. I just don't have the time, money, or motivation to invest for the science industry, especially since they don't seem to care.

.........Here's a scenario for you: What if instead of 400 people spending money to go to a Bigfoot conference all get together and show up at an agency like Fish and Wildlife or a Department of natural resources and pop the existence question in a petition to the officials at the agency?........

I'll come with my lantern and pitchfork if you're buying the beer and hot dogs afterwards.

SweatyYeti
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

The brutal reality is that a carcass on a slab is required.

Capturing or tranquilizing said creature is a pipe dream.

Norse with his .45-70 Guide gun is the solution to this convuleted issue.

Ultimately, possibly many years from now.....Drones are going to settle this issue.  Their usage will only continue to increase, and more and more low-altitude surveillance will be made over Sasquatch country. Eventually....something will have to give. :) 

Norse can walk around the woods till the cows, and/or the Sasquatches come home....but he will, in all probability, never bag one....(hopefully). 

Edited by SweatyYeti

MIB

Drone will never solve the issue in my research areas.   

No aircraft are allowed less than 1200 feet above terrain in designated federal wilderness.  Drones are not allowed to fly more than 400 feet above terrain.   There is option for legally using a drone there.   

The other areas are so heavily timbered that you've have to be operating drones under canopy.   It's Ewok country, except thicker.   Good way to spend a lot of money on broken drones.

MIB

norseman
4 hours ago, hiflier said:

You blow in the wind.

hiflier
3 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

If they do know and aren't telling you now, what in the world makes you think any amount of letters is going to make them suddenly tell you?

I don't think there's any official knowledge about BF so IMHO you could write all the letters you want and you will have just wasted time and money on something that would never give you anything.

Obviously, we disagree but I for one do not believe the government is hiding BF from the public.

Three beautiful excuses for keeping your head in the sand. How's that working for you?

7 minutes ago, norseman said:

You blow in the wind.

No, I don't Norseman. You have a branch of the WA DNR close by you so your 8 hour trip to Olympia excuse is full of holes. You could start the dialogue easily in Colville but NOPE you'd rather slap me down for even suggesting such a thing. Some things never change. The pushback on this Forum is worrisome. Thought I'd re-enter your bubble for a moment......I can see once again that it was a big, useless mistake. Outa here. 

norseman
4 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Three beautiful excuses for keeping your head in the sand. How's that working for you?

No, I don't Norseman. You have a branch of the WA DNR close by you so your 8 hour trip to Olympia excuse is full of holes. You could start the dialogue easily in Colville but NOPE you'd rather slap me down for even suggesting such a thing. Some things never change. The pushback on this Forum is worrisome. Thought I'd re-enter your bubble for a moment......I can see once again that it was a big, useless mistake. Outa here. 

Yes, yes you do.

You wrote a BOOK on hunting Bigfoot..... what a waste of time that was.

Look, the only person who is laying a slap down is YOU!

I've already told you that I support your endeavors concerning requesting info from the government! Awesome!

But now Im a jerk because Im still committed to shooting one? Yah...OK!?

You blow in the wind Hiflier... thats a fact.

• Upvote 1

Old Time Lifter
42 minutes ago, hiflier said:

You're living in a dream world how's that working for you?

There is nothing to be gained from writing letters to government agencies, if they know something they won't tell you and if they don't there's nothing to tell.

Good luck with your letter campaign, but ultimately you're doomed for disappointment.

• Upvote 1

Huntster
6 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

.........There is nothing to be gained from writing letters to government agencies, if they know something they won't tell you and if they don't there's nothing to tell........

Actually, I disagree. It's a good thing to get government to put their answers on paper. If they lie, that lie might be exposed later with somebody's name attached. That can be a powerful tool, and wise government entities know that. That's why weasel answers can reveal so much.

That written, I'll be the first one to admit that they won't give up anything, but their words are important, and a signature is very important. No answer, repeatedly, is an answer..........

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti
2 hours ago, MIB said:

Maybe, or maybe not, MIB.....but, nonetheless.....the use of drones will certainly increase over the years, and, if the creatures exist....they have to come out into open areas, on occasion. And if years and years of drone surveillance cannot find them out in the open...then it will become increasingly more convincing that they do not...(or, no longer)….exist. 

• Upvote 1

bipedalist
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Pushback on this forum can't be too bad except the few bad apple admins that might have left over time or been banned; heck we even have an active paranormal section now that gets browbeat badly in Tar Pit and premium but if people come here for that then I expect that all but the hardened and recalcitrant people that have a difficult time playing with others may be the only ones in your corner.  Not implying that you are not an advocate for the forum either because I see that you are a donor. 

3 hours ago, MIB said:

No aircraft are allowed less than 1200 feet above terrain in designated federal wilderness.  Drones are not allowed to fly more than 400 feet above terrain.   There is option for legally using a drone there.   

The other areas are so heavily timbered that you've have to be operating drones under canopy.   It's Ewok country, except thicker.   Good way to spend a lot of money on broken drones.

MIB

Also drones are loud, have limited zoom, wide-angle approaches usually etc.  

They are loud and I suppose the military could fly one over open range and tell you when sasquatch passes through that kind of BLM land but so could their best satellites more than likely. 

Edited by bipedalist