masterbarber

The realism of the Patterson-Gimlin Film subject cannot be replicated with a costume so; what are the possibilities? (2)

Backdoc

-The government is not hiding bigfoot

-If bigfoot exists and does not go extinct soon, technology used by those searching for Bigfoot will continually increase the odds of bigfoots “discovery”

-Increasing  tech at people’s fingertips in general (cell phones, drones, police dash cams and so on) will increase the odds of an accidental PGF level encounter.  

• Thanks 1

SweatyYeti
Posted (edited)

bipedalist wrote:

Also drones are loud, have limited zoom, wide-angle approaches usually etc.  

They are loud and I suppose the military could fly one over open range and tell you when sasquatch passes through that kind of BLM land but so could their best satellites more than likely. 

Drones.....the only way to "shoot" a sasquatch. :)  

Edited by SweatyYeti

rockstar
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Shoulda--coulda-woulda department.   Phrase "you could....." is a classic.    Do you have knowledge and experience in the formats that you mentioned?   Please help by listing film cameras, film type, digital cameras, audio equipment, triggering mechanisms, batteries and lighting. 

I am camera heavy. I am curious as to what you have.

I am a physicist with experience with high performance ccd imaging technology used in cell bio and biophysics. That is the extent of my imaging technology experience. So please show me my post where I said that I was a camera expert because I don't recall it.

An image captured simultaneously  with multiple types of technology such as film and digital is more difficult for skeptics to cry foul. I don't need to go into 8th grade logic for that to make sense. :)

Oh, I am still waiting for you to show me my post where I claimed to be a camera expert. 

Do the drone proponents needs to be aeronautical engineers or pilots to discuss that? No. Your hyperbole is showing.

Edited by rockstar

hiflier
2 hours ago, norseman said:

Yes, yes you do.

No, I don't and for a smart guy like yourself you know I don't.

You wrote a BOOK on hunting Bigfoot..... what a waste of time that was.

No, it wasn't, and STILL isn't. I wrote it before I found out about the nests. It still is relevant but there is no GOOD reason to not pursue the DOCUMENTED nesting sight that was visited by biologists, bear experts, and the WA DNR at the same time. No one has to give up what they are currently doing or the way they are pursuing what they want in the way they wish. Just INCLUDE pursuing this nesting sight at the official level since the OFFICIALS were there.

Look, the only person who is laying a slap down is YOU!

Nope, you're doing the best job of that, my friend.

I've already told you that I support your endeavors concerning requesting info from the government! Awesome!

The best support is to join me in that endeavor. I don't need cheerleaders. Cheerleaders don't score touchdowns. The teams on the field do.

But now Im a jerk because Im still committed to shooting one? Yah...OK!?

I will repeat myself just one more time I have no issues with you shooting one, never did have an issue with it. Wrote my book because I don't to this day have an issue with it to this day. And I'm right in line with you and the all of PhD's on that. But you said yourself if the truth can come out then you won't have to shot one. The opportunity to get the truth is HERE- TODAY, bud but no one around here will lift a finger to pursue documented evidence with documented agency people who were actually at the site. 

You blow in the wind Hiflier... thats a fact.

Stick with the science, Norseman and the facts of the case- the nests are real. They were investigated by the WA DNR and others who were real scientists. Why hasn't there been one single peep out of one single person who had gone there?? Stay with the facts and the science. Something which you yourself had a hand in teaching me about for these past few years.

2 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

You're living in a dream world how's that working for you?

There is nothing to be gained from writing letters to government agencies, if they know something they won't tell you and if they don't there's nothing to tell.

Good luck with your letter campaign, but ultimately you're doomed for disappointment. 

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

Three (more) beautiful excuses for keeping your head in the sand. How's that working for you?

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

Actually, I disagree. It's a good thing to get government to put their answers on paper. If they lie, that lie might be exposed later with somebody's name attached. That can be a powerful tool, and wise government entities know that. That's why weasel answers can reveal so much.

That written, I'll be the first one to admit that they won't give up anything, but their words are important, and a signature is very important. No answer, repeatedly, is an answer.......... 

Sent my fourth email last week. I think similarly as you but still want it in writing.

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

Not implying that you are not an advocate for the forum either because I see that you are a donor.

Yes I am and always will be. I am also a Premium Member and will always be that too. WHY? Because I want this Forum to eventually be strong enough to have the confidence to stand up to agencies, stand their ground, and demand an answer to the Bigfoot question. That day isn't here yet. But it never will be either if folks don't know where and how to begin. The nesting sight has been my own personal catalyst to get the ball rolling in that direction. It is the best OFFICIAL presence that we currently have at a a place that has extremely unusual structures made by someone or something. The DNR knows about that because gain there were there. So I see nothing "blowing in the wind" about trying to get folks here involved in helping to get the DNR's follow up dialogue on it.

It isn't even about Sasquatch at this point- it's about many LARGE physical nest-like structures and what the DNR thinks made them, especially since a bunch of fairly large diameter bushes were broken off and used for their construction over quite a bit of time. As far as I know the 5 year window for the Olympic Project's research in the area will close this coming May. So I say strike while the iron is hot and not wait until investigating this at the agency level possibly disappears along with it.

• Upvote 1

Catmandoo
57 minutes ago, rockstar said:

I am a physicist with experience with high performance ccd imaging technology used in cell bio and biophysics. That is the extent of my imaging technology experience. So please show me my post where I said that I was a camera expert because I don't recall it.

An image captured simultaneously  with multiple types of technology such as film and digital is more difficult for skeptics to cry foul. I don't need to go into 8th grade logic for that to make sense. :)

Oh, I am still waiting for you to show me my post where I claimed to be a camera expert. 

Do the drone proponents needs to be aeronautical engineers or pilots to discuss that? No. Your hyperbole is showing.

I did not post that you are a camera expert.       Your words:    "You could also do a mix of film and digital to help rule out cgi foolery."   So I asked for equipment suggestions.    Many forum members are capable of multi-camera traps. Some use film. Check out Bigtex.

You work in an interesting field. I am guessing that you have a Phd.  

Old Time Lifter
21 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Sent my fourth email last week. I think similarly as you but still want it in writing.

Yes I am and always will be. I am also a Premium Member and will always be that too. WHY? Because I want this Forum to eventually be strong enough to have the confidence to stand up to agencies, stand their ground, and demand an answer to the Bigfoot question. That day isn't here yet. But it never will be either if folks don't know where and how to begin. The nesting sight has been my own personal catalyst to get the ball rolling in that direction. It is the best OFFICIAL presence that we currently have at a a place that has extremely unusual structures made by someone or something. The DNR knows about that because gain there were there. So I see nothing "blowing in the wind" about trying to get folks here involved in helping to get the DNR's follow up dialogue on it.

It isn't even about Sasquatch at this point- it's about many LARGE physical nest-like structures and what the DNR thinks made them, especially since a bunch of fairly large diameter bushes were broken off and used for their construction over quite a bit of time. As far as I know the 5 year window for the Olympic Project's research in the area will close this coming May. So I say strike while the iron is hot and not wait until investigating this at the agency level possibly disappears along with it.

Again, good luck but be prepared to die an old man/woman without any response from those agencies.

No excuses here, just telling you what is and what isn't... the government isn't hiding jack and you'll never get them to tell you anything.

Ultimately, you can do whatever you want just don't go getting all bent when others don't see any benefit to what you feel so vested in... because IMHO you're wasting time/money/effort.

Again good luck.

NCBFr

Strongly worded letter to follow.

• Upvote 1

Old Time Lifter
8 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

Strongly worded letter to follow.

giphy.gif

hiflier

Nice to finally have the truth about everyone and I'll leave it to you all to figure out what I mean by that. Trust me- it isn't pretty.

bipedalist
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Again, good luck but be prepared to die an old man/woman without any response from those agencies.

No excuses here, just telling you what is and what isn't... the government isn't hiding jack and you'll never get them to tell you anything.

Ultimately, you can do whatever you want just don't go getting all bent when others don't see any benefit to what you feel so vested in... because IMHO you're wasting time/money/effort.

Again good luck.

He IS an old man and I am too, I don't resent the remark, at least I had a sighting at age 59, better late than never!  (but I did it the old fashioned way, I worked for it in outdoor research sweat!) Yes, I agree the research element inherent in this search will make you prematurely age.

I plan on outliving the average squatcher though with a sighting, my goal is a clear face to face daylight sighting so I have a long way to go 

And responding to hifliers last response to me......re: the Olympic Project. and nests   Maybe we should go private messenger on that until I can distill what I want to really say.  Sometimes it takes a few trials to get it right for primetime

To stay on point, someday I would like to journey to Bluff Creek and stay awhile, not in the scalding heat of summer though, global warming and all that but while there is still flow in the creek year-around.

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

norseman

Iam going to bed, big day tommorow, see you all on the other side!

• Upvote 1

xspider1
Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, rockstar said:

I believe the best most harmless way to capture evidence is with a multi camera trap setup capturing the squatch from multiple angles. Not cheap game cams, but high quality film industry type. You could also do a mix of film and digital to help rule out cgi foolery.

That is a very good point.  With 2+ camera angles on Bigfoot(s), we would have 3-dimensional video!

Re: what Huntster said On 3/10/2019 at 10:44 PM,  Squatchy McSquatch said:

"This is the single most ignorant and offensive post I have ever read on this website."

You seem to say that sort of thing a lot around here, McSquatch...  😨   I actually think that most of what Hunster said is spot on.  That is because what he said is true (with, in my opinion, some acceptable sarcasm:

"No sympathy for them from me. They aren't immune from the need to educate themselves, and kids should be under 100% adult supervision, anyway. The dangers include snakes, bears, lions, boars, falls, moving water, criminals, etc. Women? As a segment od society, they're the primary attackers of our Second Amendment rights. If it was up to most women, you and I would have to defend ourselves from sasquatches (and everything else) with a thick, green willow switch...

I think they're less dangerous than lions, snakes, steep drops, moving water, and malevolent people."

^  Indeed!  🧐   

great discussion

Edited by xspider1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hiflier
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

And responding to hifliers last response to me......re: the Olympic Project. and nests   Maybe we should go private messenger on that until I can distill what I want to really say.  Sometimes it takes a few trials to get it right for primetime

I would never say no to that, BP. What I find amazing here though is all of this backlash is over sending an email. I measly single email. I find the fallout to that to be highly disproportionate to that. I can only hope that new members are watching and have been watching these exchanges that oddly enough are NOT because I am a denialist or a skeptic from the ISF who has come here to strafe the Forums members with ridicule. I am a proponent for Sasquatch existence. I am therefore one of this Forum's own. I have been focused on the truth and have seen the nest site as a positive way to open a door. I work hard both on and off this Forum to get the truth of Sasquatch existence which isn't to say others don't endeavor for that very thing in their own way. It's always acceptable to go into the field looking for evidence.

But as soon as one starts a dialogue about knocking on some official's door then some members practice things like ridicule and character beating. Why is that? Can't be because government is circling the wagons because as far as I know there are no government people here who are "members". We talk about how media ridicules witness reports and other Bigfoot things and yet it happens here when someone starts to shake up the sandbox in the name of getting at the truth. The result? Ridicule. Who are these people who put up such strong resistance to something as simple as an typing out an email? Something doesn't add up with this picture.

This isn't about finding some footprint in Say, Georgia. It's about  documented large nest structures that had scientists and members of a state agency there and is being investigated by well known to us Sasquatch researchers. Researchers that some know personally. Why wouldn't someone want to follow that up? It make perfect sense to do so. But nope. Better to ridicule the one and only member who is pushing to do that. The one and only member who is also a proponent who is actually sending emails to find out some information. As far as this goes folks I have the high ground and have owned that high ground for a couple of months now. Get over it. 

I appreciate those who have been encouraging me to stay the course. The rest? if you haven't got anything nice to add then do yourselves a favor, don't say anything at all. You'll only be casting yourselves in a worse light than you already are in. Oh, and yeah, I turned 70 a couple a weeks ago. Some would say old man. I beg to differ :) 

Edited by hiflier

bipedalist
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I would never say no to that, BP. What I find amazing here though is all of this backlash is over sending an email. I measly single email. I find the fallout to that to be highly disproportionate to that. I can only hope that new members are watching and have been watching these exchanges that oddly enough are NOT because I am a denialist or a skeptic from the ISF who has come here to strafe the Forums members with ridicule. I am a proponent for Sasquatch existence. I am therefore one of this Forum's own. I have been focused on the truth and have seen the nest site as a positive way to open a door. I work hard both on and off this Forum to get the truth of Sasquatch existence which isn't to say others don't endeavor for that very thing in their own way. It's always acceptable to go into the field looking for evidence.

But as soon as one starts a dialogue about knocking on some official's door then some members practice things like ridicule and character beating. Why is that? Can't be because government is circling the wagons because as far as I know there are no government people here who are "members". We talk about how media ridicules witness reports and other Bigfoot things and yet it happens here when someone starts to shake up the sandbox in the name of getting at the truth. The result? Ridicule. Who are these people who put up such strong resistance to something as simple as an typing out an email? Something doesn't add up with this picture.

This isn't about finding some footprint in Say, Georgia. It's about  documented large nest structures that had scientists and members of a state agency there and is being investigated by well known to us Sasquatch researchers. Researchers that some know personally. Why wouldn't someone want to follow that up? It make perfect sense to do so. But nope. Better to ridicule the one and only member who is pushing to do that. The one and only member who is also a proponent who is actually sending emails to find out some information. As far as this goes folks I have the high ground and have owned that high ground for a couple of months now. Get over it. 

I appreciate those who have been encouraging me to stay the course. The rest? if you haven't got anything nice to add then do yourselves a favor, don't say anything at all. You'll only be casting yourselves in a worse light than you already are in. 

All I can say on the forum is that I have tried to avoid ridicule of anyone unless I place a smiley face behind my comments and it is misinterpreted. 

Once you have a sighting you realize, you work with those you can work with and jetison those that can't compute if all they add is criticism.  That said, I am not gov'ment.   I have been hacked by Russians early in my research but before that I cooperated with them.  Sure, maybe it was random wikileaks kind of luck like happens in this modern day.  Retrieving your google account from  a hacker who has changed your password to Russian is no fun.  I've been there.  If you think other governments are not in this to win it you are fooling yourself.  So an analogy applies here.  Maybe gov'ment is highly interested.  I have never, to my knowledge, been followed by men in black.  I have had neighbors (long story) though that have been staked out with the typical black suburban.  I have had some odd computer crashes and loss of hard-drives occur that correlated with visits to my home and an unsupervised computer by entities I will decline from naming because I have no proof were involved.  The drive brand had a history of problems (I found out later) and I am not a conspiracy theorist believer but I sure wish all that had happened in the days of drive failure accompanied file retrieval with software availability.   I don't believe I ever lost anything but a few pictures that were probably more fitting for the paranormal section or wood spirit section than the Sasquatch section, fortunately.  I am quite sure my whole research file of pictures was "stolen". 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Sad 1

norseman
10 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I appreciate those who have been encouraging me to stay the course. The rest? if you haven't got anything nice to add then do yourselves a favor, don't say anything at all. You'll only be casting yourselves in a worse light than you already are in. Oh, and yeah, I turned 70 a couple a weeks ago. Some would say old man. I beg to differ :) 

Ok I cannot sleep.

Here is your problem.... first you change your positions a lot, and when you do? You take on a holier than thou attitude. Go back and reread your post I first responded to. Shooting one is not a grown up approach to take!? Very abrasive and snooty don’t you think? And it is a position change. It’s not a pro pro kill statement in any way shape or form.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

We all bring something to the table. And we all come to this forum with different backgrounds and expectations. And that’s OK. 

Again, I SUPPORT your endeavor. It’s not silly, or ridiculous. They work for us, it’s our tax money that pays their wages. They should answer every question that crosses their desk! I don’t know how successful you will be but maybe you banging on the door will shake something up. Shake a leg!

But don’t beat people up because they are not interested in joining you! That will get you nowhere! It just pisses people off. Some of which spend a lot of time with boots on the ground! 

Being over zealous? I’ve been there. It doesn’t work. But I will stand up for being pro kill, because it’s the only sane answer to end this mystery quickly. Imagine instead of a letter.... the impact of a dead Sasquatch and 20 reporters out in front of the DNR office? I promise that won’t get lost in the shuffle.

Lastly I guess it’s a extra bitter pill to swallow coming from you. But I guess you have moved on to a more grown up approach? But a multi angled attack is always best, yes? Each to their own strengths and weaknesses....

Hell, None of you even own mules. But I don’t hold that against you! ;)

• Upvote 1