Glagg Saga

MNskeptic

Listened with an open mind to hours of the Glagg Saga.  Good stories whether true or not.  Kept wondering, ‘Is this real? Is this possible?’  Came on here and did a search to see what the ‘convention wisdom’ was saying about the story.  Found nothing (might have missed it somehow?) so thought a new thread might spur some discussion. 

So, what do you think about the Glagg Saga?  A 500 million to 1 BF experience?  Or good stories by a good story-teller??  If the former, it’s an incredible experience probably never to be repeated again.  If the latter, he’s darned good at making stuff up on-the-fly in a manner consistent in detail with the body of BF eyewitness descriptions and behavior traits.  Either way, I enjoyed listening to the saga.

MNSkeptic

Edited by MNskeptic

I have never heard of it so I did a Google search. Obviously I have not spent hours listening like yourself, so you're more qualified to make a statement than I, but what I did read read much like a good fantasy/fiction story.

BFF Patron

There seems to be a cottage industry of Blog or story tellers that take sighting reports and others experiences and then in most cases embellish them to make them more interesting.    I had the opportunity to investigate one such report which was in for form of a internet radio blog report since I live in the area.     If the area was BF active I certainly was interested in the site.       It apparently never occurs to some story tellers that someone may be able to investigate, put boots on the ground in the area,   and evaluate the report based on the facts presented.     From the description I was able to go to the exact location of the encounter.   It was encouraging at first when the road and side road mentioned matched the story,  but soon the story began to fall apart.      The terrain sloped the opposite direction than was described..    The location was confused in the mind of the story teller and if some parts were believed, then the road mentioned was 8 miles from the geographical mountain that was also mentioned.     Of course when the encounter was in the early hours of the morning, the witnesses had to explain how they got such a good view of the several menacing BF  in the dark.    A nearly full moon was mentioned.     Not only was the moon not near full on the stated date but it had set several hours before the stated encounter time.    Oops!     Those who defended the story tellers suggested that city lights from the distant greater Vancouver Washington are might have lighted up the area.    However the location was in a deep river canyon making it unlikely that sky glow from the distant city would make much difference.     Making up a story is full of traps in this day of internet access to astronomical and weather data.     While I have no direct evidence, it was almost like they drove around, found the location, and created a story to fit it.    What two men were doing parked out on a side road in the middle off the night off a forest service road is also strange to say the least,   and was not addressed in the encounter report.   There is probably more of a story to that than what happened.   I guess that what I am saying is that if you hear a slick radio voice sounding like they are reading a script you might be suspicious.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

t apparently never occurs to some story tellers that someone may be able to investigate, put boots on the ground in the area,   and evaluate the report based on the facts presented.

Exactly.   By doing so, I've been able to debunk ... that is, prove FALSE ... every single PacWest Bigfoot report I've followed up on.   At this point, though maybe a little more polished, they go on my list with Bigfoot Ballyhoo as hoax distribution sites.    Walk of shame.   Sad but true.

MIB

• Upvote 2

On 3/6/2019 at 5:26 PM, SWWASAS said:

What two men were doing parked out on a side road in the middle off the night off a forest service road is also strange to say the least, and was not addressed in the encounter report.  

I think this falls under the heading "be careful what you ask for, you might just get it".  I for one am happy NOT to know... don't ask don't tell and all.

Who is to say that some thing like this could not have taken placed. Sure it leaves the possibility of it being not believed. But one does have to have an open mind to understand that some thing like this is possible. We still do not have understanding of them. So none of us have a right to judge unless we have actually have had encounters with these creatures. So when people come here and talk about there encounters I am always going off on what I have encountered my self. There is only so far how outrageous an encounter I believe may go and so far my encounters have not reached that far.Yet !

So another person who believes you can't have an opinion unless you've claimed to have had an encounter?

Ok fine. I speak with the BF living on our frisbee golf course next door. We good?

Natfoot

If that is what took place with you then I am fine with that. But I would sure like to know the conversation that you had with them. Like I have said before, when I was hunting and I was sitting in my tree stand I was really bored. So I figured I would try that mind stuff with them. I was very skeptical and the truth is that I never thought that nothing would come out of it. It was in the evening and it was getting dark and I was alone with my bow. All I did was ask for a deer and the next thing I know was there were two deer at fifty yards from my stand. How do I know it was fifty yards?  Cause I had my bushnell rangefinder with me.

The deer was not what freaked me out. It was the loud breathing that was below my tree stand that I was hearing. Here I am sitting twenty feet up on a tree and I could hear this breathing like it was right next to me. The worst feeling I had was what ever was giving that breath was blocking my way back to my truck. I thought for sure that I was going to have to fight what ever it was to get back to my truck where my friend was waiting for me. I am not sure that you are grasping what I went through that evening. I had to walk back in the dark since this was the only way I felt safe. This was a sh*t in your pants moment. Yes, I did go back with my bow loaded.

But if you are speaking with Bigfoots at a frisbee golf course well yes I would like to know what they are saying. Cause they are not talking to me except for in dreams.