Whistler

Tracks found in snow near Medical Lake

Huntster
BFF Donor

The value of snow is that it tells almost all tales. Unless it is a shrew who doesn't have any weight, if it walked by in the snow, you'll see a trackway, and all steps, too. Snow also allows a good timetable of when the passer by occurred, especially in the first 24 hours. Fresh snoefalls are excellent to travel about after looking for the freshest sign.

• Thanks 1

Patterson-Gimlin

Good point, but no detail Easily made by humans. 

Hard crusted snow on the other hand takes tremendous weight like the ones in Lord Hunts find. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

Huntster
BFF Donor
5 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Good point, but no detail Easily made by humans.........

True. The key, again, is to find them immediately after a fresh snowfall in order to determine freshness, which is key to zeroing in on a specimen. Under such hunting conditions, good dogs sure would be the next best asset.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

I agree. Also I don't understand the vote down on your reply. 

You are always polite to me. You are opinionated and obviously have strong convictions and beliefs..

So do I as real men should always exhibit. 

• Upvote 1

Incorrigible1
BFF Donor

A Downy McDown vote?

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Upvote 1

Huntster
BFF Donor

Squatchy and Old Mort just don't like me, and they like to down vote just about anything I write, regardless of how benign. I don't care. In fact, it's rather amusing. 😀 We only have a certain number of votes, and I prefer to be positive with mine and upvote those posters who post great stuff rather than waste them.

• Upvote 3

norseman
BFF Donor

Fixed it.

• Upvote 1