Whistler

Tracks found in snow near Medical Lake

Huntster

The value of snow is that it tells almost all tales. Unless it is a shrew who doesn't have any weight, if it walked by in the snow, you'll see a trackway, and all steps, too. Snow also allows a good timetable of when the passer by occurred, especially in the first 24 hours. Fresh snoefalls are excellent to travel about after looking for the freshest sign.

• Thanks 1

Patterson-Gimlin
Posted (edited)

Good point, but no detail Easily made by humans. 

Hard crusted snow on the other hand takes tremendous weight like the ones in Lord Hunts find. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

Huntster
5 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Good point, but no detail Easily made by humans.........

True. The key, again, is to find them immediately after a fresh snowfall in order to determine freshness, which is key to zeroing in on a specimen. Under such hunting conditions, good dogs sure would be the next best asset.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

I agree. Also I don't understand the vote down on your reply. 

You are always polite to me. You are opinionated and obviously have strong convictions and beliefs..

So do I as real men should always exhibit. 

• Upvote 1

Incorrigible1
Posted (edited)

A Downy McDown vote?

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Upvote 1

Huntster

Squatchy and Old Mort just don't like me, and they like to down vote just about anything I write, regardless of how benign. I don't care. In fact, it's rather amusing. 😀 We only have a certain number of votes, and I prefer to be positive with mine and upvote those posters who post great stuff rather than waste them.

• Upvote 3

norseman

Fixed it.

• Upvote 1