Sign in to follow this  
gigantor

PGF Camera Filming Speed

wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

Over the years, Gigantofootecus had two calculations that have always stuck with me:

1) Her ASH ratio is 1.3 .... which is inhuman, and

2) Her standing height is 18% more than walking height

http://www.readclip.com/crypto/review.htm

If either of those are true, in my small mind it's game over. At an 18% conversion, a walking height of 6'3" yields a standing height of over 7'4".

• Upvote 1

Daniel Perez

Please keep in mind the rental camera in question that Roger Patterson used has never been tested.

OkieFoot
BFF Donor

I watched a video last week about Patty that had Igor Burtsev talking about the camera's up and down movements and his findings. 

Dr. Burtsev says at 24 fps, it would mean Roger would have taking 6 steps per second when he was running with the camera. According to Burtsev, he says this would be impossible since sprinters will take about 5 steps per second when running.

The part about his finding the film speed was 16fps starts about the 20:48 mark. The part about a speed of 24fps meaning Roger was taking 6 steps per second starts about the 21:05 mark. 

• Upvote 2

Huntster
BFF Donor
On 3/25/2019 at 6:57 AM, Daniel Perez said:

Please keep in mind the rental camera in question that Roger Patterson used has never been tested.

Does it still exist? If so, can it be proven by serial number on the rental contract?

Catmandoo
BFF Donor

Maybe. The camera would be over 50 years old. Many are still around and working. They are a solid build, heavy, and not really a 'run and gun' type of camera.  The K-100 series was designed and built to film football games. The frame speed control knob did not have positive detents.  It is easy to bump the fps knob and end up with a speed between 16fps and 24fps. Previous discussion on this board has been that 16fps is actually 18fps as per a Kodak modification. Projectors of that era were variable speed. Actual filming speed may be different than the set speed due to mechanical/friction losses in the drivetrain.

And that video that OkieFoot linked to:  ^^^^^

RAW FOOTAGE of Dr Igor Burtsev presentation on BIGFOOT findings

Who knew that Squatchy McSquatch would have a nude cameo at about 32 minutes?  He has waited since 2012.    I can only quote the famous Herring technician, Mr. Fumoto:  "small size, small size".

Huntster
BFF Donor
13 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

.........Who knew that Squatchy McSquatch would have a nude cameo at about 32 minutes?........

Huh. I thought Squatchy's avatar was really his portrait. The facial expression matches his demeanor. Apparently it's some sort of iceman from Russia or something? Nine foot tall? Maybe Squatchy or somebody can let me in on this secret. 

Squatchy McSquatch

It’s a sculpture called Yeti de Bouganeuf. Looks more realistic than Patty, but still a hoax :)

I’m sure the serial number of the camera could be through court records and police documents.

Not sure how one goes about obtaining such information in the US, but if there’s any record of the serial number it would definitely be  in those documents.

Bill

Camera and lens number are in this document:

PGF Camera info.jpg

• Upvote 1

Squatchy McSquatch

Thanks Bill.

One can only wonder whatever happened to that camera.

It would be interesting to gather several of these cameras; let’s say 5 from individual owners, another 5 that had been subject to rental. Test the accuracy of FPS from both groups.

It’s been my experience (having rented all sorts of heavy equipment and machinery vs owning it) that rentals suffer far more abuse and are likely to be more poorly calibrated than a one owner/one user situation.

Bill

I have eight of them, but there's no way to determine which might have been rentals. For this type of camera, it's unlikely many were rentals. Usual camera rentals are higher priced pro equipment. Consumer level cameras are more often privately owned.

I am planning to bench test all of my cameras for speed, when I'm better set up to continue my research.

Huntster
BFF Donor
59 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

It’s a sculpture called Yeti de Bouganeuf. Looks more realistic than Patty, but still a hoax........

Since it isn't walking, it hardly looks more realistic than Patty. But what is interesting is no websites about it in English, plenty in French, and Dr. Burtsev talking about it without using the word "sculpture". The mere fact that nobody in the West talks about it lends it great authority in my opinion.

Squatchy McSquatch
Posted (edited)

“No websites about it in English, plenty in French...”

How rural and localized are you? Do you not have Google Translate in Alaska?

Here’s a link so you can educate yourself:

https://www.thecryptocrew.com/2015/08/yeti-de-bourganeuf-more-details.html?m=1

It happened in France in 1997 just before the advent/pollution of the internet.

Brw your opinion is  your own and means nothing to me. You have every right to be wrong. You display it daily and constantly 

Bill: 

Why not set up the eight you have. Project your best copy of the PGF on a pull screen and digitally record the playback times of each.

Oh right — no way to process it anymore... 

Just a thought.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

Bill

The way to test camera shutter speed is to remove the lens, and do a high speed video (like 240 fps) of the shutter, as the camera runs. Then in an editing software, take 240 frames and see how many times the shutter opens and closes.

• Upvote 1

Squatchy McSquatch

Agreed that’s probably more accurate than a fixed camera and a pull down screen.

have you tried this with any of the 8 cameras you have?

Bill

I've done one so far, set at 16 fps but ran at 18 fps.

they are all in storage now, and I don't have a proper workspace to run further tests. Hope to, sometime soon.

I want to see how consistent cameras are, one to the next, for sustaining a fixed speed, and speed relative to the speed setting.

Sign in to follow this