Bigfoot ripping up trees in the winter?

TD-40

It was about 6 or so miles (just a guess at mileage) west of Hoodoo. I have no idea if any helicopters had been in the area. There were none while we were there. The camp is on Little Lava Lake road across the highway from Maxwell Butte Sno Park. We did a lot of hunting around Crescent Mt. back then.

I must add that we never saw another tree stuck upside down in the ground.

3 hours ago, Twist said:

^^ NCBFr, my one and only experience with what I believe to be a BF was what I’ve deemed a display of aggression or warning by the shaking of trees some yards away and then a tree being uprooted and tossed into the air and landing in the canopy.  These were much smaller trees by a long shot compared to what is claimed here.   

That being said, I do believe this to a logging machine.  

That ain't no logging machine.  The whole thing could be a hoax as anything is possible with videos these days.

The real question is whether a BF (assume they exists for the moment), could rip out of the ground a tree of that size.  Really really hard to believe.  Engineers like me were always taught to do some simple math to first see if something is plausable  For instance, if you calculate the dump truck to weigh 2 pounds you probably made a mistake along the weigh.  So here goes:

- 1 real strong man can dead lift ~1,000 pounds.  (World record is 1,155)

- Chimps are roughly 4x the strength of a man (quick google search).  Lets use 3x for this analysis

- A BF is roughly twice the size of a man from a muscle mass perspective (maybe 3x but lets use 2x)

- So 1,000 x 3 x 2 = 12,000 pounds for the very rough deadlift estimate of a full grown male BF

- the weight of a 60 ft Fir tree with a 3ft diameter is 8,735 pounds (it is freeking amazing what you can find on the web)

I doubt one could deadlift one straight out of the ground but if you get a couple to rock it back and forth as shown in the video with one or two pulling from the base I guess it is plausable.  Why they would do it is another question.  

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

That ain't no logging machine.  The whole thing could be a hoax as anything is possible with videos these days.

The real question is whether a BF (assume they exists for the moment), could rip out of the ground a tree of that size.  Really really hard to believe.  Engineers like me were always taught to do some simple math to first see if something is plausable  For instance, if you calculate the dump truck to weigh 2 pounds you probably made a mistake along the weigh.  So here goes:

- 1 real strong man can dead lift ~1,000 pounds.  (World record is 1,155)

- Chimps are roughly 4x the strength of a man (quick google search).  Lets use 3x for this analysis

- A BF is roughly twice the size of a man from a muscle mass perspective (maybe 3x but lets use 2x)

- So 1,000 x 3 x 2 = 12,000 pounds for the very rough deadlift estimate of a full grown male BF

- the weight of a 60 ft Fir tree with a 3ft diameter is 8,735 pounds (it is freeking amazing what you can find on the web)

I doubt one could deadlift one straight out of the ground but if you get a couple to rock it back and forth as shown in the video with one or two pulling from the base I guess it is plausable.  Why they would do it is another question.  

Why do you say its not a logging machine?

only the boom is visible. The chassis and tracks are hidden by the radius of the hill.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:28 PM, norseman said:

I like some of his points, others not so much. (TT)

And Im not speculating on what Sasquatch could or could not do.

Obviously they are strong. But I think the Canuck kid has proven its a tree saw.

Sorry, coming late to this party and working my way back in the thread.

I see no evidence in the video of any heavy machinery and I looked at it very closely (frame by frame for some of the shots).  However, ignoring that observation, do they log on ridgelines like that in the NW in the winter with that heavy a snowfall?  If yes, wouldn't there be any tracks in the video (OK, they could be working from the other side).  

8 minutes ago, norseman said:

Why do you say its not a logging machine?

only the boom is visible. The chassis and tracks are hidden by the radius of the hill.

LOL, you are a little ahead of me.  The short answer is I looked very closely and saw no hint of a logging machine.  I just had 40 acres of pine cut last November and have a pretty good idea what they look like in the SE US.  Maybe they are different where you live.  I looked for the collar where they grab a tree (roughly a 3rd from the base), any evidence of the saw when the tree was moved, nor any that remotely looked like the boom controlling the whole apparatus.  While admittedly very blurry, I did see what looked like one or more bipedal animals in the shots. 

Take a very close look at the 5:00 to 5:05 and tell me what you think.  I am happy to be wrong as I really have nothing invested n this but 30 minutes of watching a random video.

The machines in mountain country are on tracks, and not a feller buncher head on a wheel loader like down south.

At about 5:14 in my video I posted? You can see the top of the boom of the feller buncher. We call em “tree saws” here.

91A070D0-3742-4209-8C99-99013D401E00.jpeg

ECA5FECD-43CA-4C71-B664-7C0B2CA2E2C9.jpeg

If the tree was planted in the ground with no roots, then a simple dead lift is possible. Since a 60 foot tree has large roots going out horizontally in all directions for a long ways and some fairly deep, then it no longer is a simple dead lift. You would be literally standing on what you are lifting.  It would be nearly impossible to walk with a large root wad. the tree would have had to be broken off above the ground to walk with it.

Edited by Doug
  • Upvote 1

They are pretty much the same down here.  We do have mud.

With that said I looked again closely this morning and just do not see any machinery.  However, with that said, logically logging would be the most logical answer.  

15 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

They are pretty much the same down here.  We do have mud.

With that said I looked again closely this morning and just do not see any machinery.  However, with that said, logically logging would be the most logical answer.  

The main things that lead me to logging is the pile of other trees in the video as well as the angle the tree(s) are carried away with.  I’d assume a biped would have lifted then leaned the tree back on its shoulder to brace against the forward momentum as it walked away.  It would then be on something close to a 45 deg angle away from the direction of travel.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

I've not seen anyone note the shiny/light object at 5:11?

They mount mirrors and spotlights on the booms.

Kinda why I brought it up there bud. Point being it isn't a Sasquatch. Whatever is reflecting the Sun is man made.

A portal forming!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Kinda why I brought it up there bud. Point being it isn't a Sasquatch. Whatever is reflecting the Sun is man made.

I can see the boom plain as day on the better video. But great point! Obviously its not a organic object.

Of course I don't know what uprooted or cut down that tree, but I'll just say that I would expect several bigfoots to be involved in any tree that size being uprooted. Probably more than one pulling while another one or two would be working the tree higher up to assist. It's not like one is going to just stand there, put his arms around it, and just yank it right up. A tree that size would take some effort from several of them at the same time. Maybe that's what happened, or maybe by the time the video was being recorded the tree was already dislodged enough where one or two had completed the job and were carrying it away.

I don't hear any heavy machinery and I don't see an arm of a harvester carrying it away. That yellowish color is not sawdust--poor idea from Bigfoot Tony. There also appears to be a larger dark object at the bottom which could be a rootball or another bigfoot assisting with carrying or pushing the tree. Remember that harvesters will cut trees, not pull them up by the roots. You have to consider all circumstances.

I will say that the part of Tony's video that shows a snowy scene with a tree being carried away is really good.

Edited by TD-40