Bigfoot ripping up trees in the winter?

TD-40

I have hundreds of pictures and videos just like those you have posted. A lot of the downfall looks like it was deliberately placed and arranged in an organized manner. My pics below are all from the same area:

2018-09-03_13_17_03.jpg

2018-09-03_13_21_35.jpg

2018-09-03_13_37_25.jpg

2018-09-03_13_37_48.jpg

2018-09-03_13_38_18.jpg

2018-09-03_15_08_38.jpg

2018-09-03_15_10_29.jpg

BFF Patron
11 hours ago, bipedalist said:

The other thing to remember is that when you have a density of trees that thick, not everything is going to survive, and many more casualties will occur due to competition if not disease.  When the wind does blow it is not usually selective granted. 

I should have mentioned that ice/snow load can be selective to specific weakened, diseased, damaged trees as can water saturation/penetration in wounded/scarred trees.  This is not to mention rot/fungus and numerous other varmints that can weaken trees.  It is a jungle out there and mother nature is not kind. 

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

Here in the PNW we get hurricane force winds all the time from low pressure systems off the coast bumping against the a fairly common inland high pressure situations that exaggerate the winds blowing out the Columbia gorge and through gaps in the Cascade mountains.     The granddad  all of them is the Columbus Day storm of 1962.    Numerous wind gusts up to 170 MPH were reported in Oregon and Washington at the higher elevations.    46 people killed.    Between 11 and 15 billion board feet of timber blown down.      I have seen acres of trees flattened by these winds in localized areas and a few miles away no damage.        Additionally the thunderstorms building over the Cascades can produce all kinds of destructive winds in the form of gust front down drafts that produce the same sort of high velocity winds in all directions away from the storms.     Any of these effects can not only break timber,  blow over timber creating root balls,   and make large trees fly some distances from their root systems and create all sorts of tangled trees supported by standing trees.      I had a tree branch about 6 inches in diameter impale itself about 3 feet into the ground.   It was hard to get out.      None of this has anything to do with bigfoot.     I have yet to see a picture of some crossed trees that cannot be explained by natural forces.     If it can be explained by natural tree fall,    in all likelyhood that is what it is.      I do know BF breaks off branches or small trees to scare humans.     I have experienced that.   Somehow I doubt that BF spends a whole lot of time and energy making huge creations out of fallen timber.      For the most reclusive critters in the forest to go around making giant tree structures and announcing their presence does not make any sense to me.   

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

^^^ I knew that a pilot would have input.  When you fly through a valley, do you favor the middle or the sides?  As a passenger in Grumman Goose flying in Alaska, I noticed a few things. Sometimes I sat up front by the pilot.  They tended to fly close to the sides of valleys and at times , would lower the wingtip floats.  Seemed odd to be flying by mountains, over snow, with the floats down. They were great pilots.

BFF Patron
7 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

^^^ I knew that a pilot would have input.  When you fly through a valley, do you favor the middle or the sides?  As a passenger in Grumman Goose flying in Alaska, I noticed a few things. Sometimes I sat up front by the pilot.  They tended to fly close to the sides of valleys and at times , would lower the wingtip floats.  Seemed odd to be flying by mountains, over snow, with the floats down. They were great pilots.

I favor the downwind side of the valley.    There the air is going up.    On the upwind side of the valley the air is spilling down into the valley.     If the air is moving fast enough that down draft can exceed the ability of the airplane to climb out of it.   At times you could just idle the motor and glide like you are flying a sailplane on the downwind side.    Sailplane pilots know all of these tricks.    They have used the air crossing the Sierra Nevada range to get to very high altitudes above 40,000 feet if I remember right.       Should you need to turn around in the valley the downwind side gives you more room to make the turn.     You physically have the same space but because of the air movement across the valley you have more flying room to make the turn.   

On 3/21/2019 at 12:52 PM, norseman said:

I can see the boom plain as day on the better video. But great point! Obviously its not a organic object.

Not saying you are wrong, but would love to see a screen shot.  Just pause it on the frame you see plain as day and hit copy and paste in to this forum.  Certainly would make the most sense.

1 hour ago, NCBFr said:

Not saying you are wrong, but would love to see a screen shot.  Just pause it on the frame you see plain as day and hit copy and paste in to this forum.  Certainly would make the most sense.

I can can see the boom and the top of the cab. Certainly looks better on YouTube. And the feller buncher has ahold of not one but two trees. I thought at first it was a school marm or split top.

2F096ACB-2CF9-4E45-810F-0F896F33EBD0.thumb.png.685b7881b11a966b7623daafdede39be.png

F8F88565-DFE5-4CCC-A24E-49FA7CA403AD.jpeg

On 3/20/2019 at 11:55 PM, norseman said:

Why do you say its not a logging machine?

only the boom is visible. The chassis and tracks are hidden by the radius of the hill.

LOL, now how could I miss this.  Certainly plain as day.  There is no way it could be anything else like a tree in the distance.  SMH.  You got me.

Just now, NCBFr said:

LOL, now how could I miss this.  Certainly plain as day.  There is no way it could be anything else like a tree in the distance.  SMH.  You got me.

Right? As I said? The screen shot sucks!

How tall do you estimate those two trees to be? Are they mature fir trees? Do you think a 800 lbs animal could pull two trees out of the ground and pack them like a Scottish pole tosser for a ways before laying them down? I don’t. It takes a machine weighing 25 tons to do that.... with a saw...... and a hydraulic arm.

How about the flash of light coming from the boom? Is Sasquatch wearing a disco ball on his head?

22 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

If the air is moving fast enough that down draft can exceed the ability of the airplane to climb out of it.

Steve Fossett's crash, for example ...

MIB

20 hours ago, norseman said:

Right? As I said? The screen shot sucks!

How tall do you estimate those two trees to be? Are they mature fir trees? Do you think a 800 lbs animal could pull two trees out of the ground and pack them like a Scottish pole tosser for a ways before laying them down? I don’t. It takes a machine weighing 25 tons to do that.... with a saw...... and a hydraulic arm.

How about the flash of light coming from the boom? Is Sasquatch wearing a disco ball on his head?

I understand the screen shot problem.  I could not get a good one of what I saw.  My main point is whether there was a clear shot of a machine which despite multiple attempts I could not see.  If anybody has a clear shot I would love to see it.  I agree logging is the most logical solution. 

With that said, here are my concerns and answers to your questions:

-  I do not understand how the witnesses could not see the logging equipment.  Perhaps it was because it was due to the sloop of the ridge.

- So if the ridge has a sloop, I doubt a mechanical cutter could be used.   While not an expert, I do know a lot about math and physics and can imagine what would happen if a machine tries to grab a 4 ton tree while sitting on an incline.  It will end badly for the machine and the operator.

- I estimated the firs to be 60 ft weighing 4-5 tons.  By my math 1-2 adults BFs could pick them up.  Not rip them straight from the ground.  But could knock them over with heavy weight on them from snow.  I have a 90 foot, 200+ old, healthy oak laying across my front yard, felled simply by a foot of rain and 10-20 MPH rain.

- Snow reflects light no less than mirrors.

Anyway, I am done with this one.  

Take Care,

Chris

13 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

I understand the screen shot problem.  I could not get a good one of what I saw.  My main point is whether there was a clear shot of a machine which despite multiple attempts I could not see.  If anybody has a clear shot I would love to see it.  I agree logging is the most logical solution. 

With that said, here are my concerns and answers to your questions:

-  I do not understand how the witnesses could not see the logging equipment.  Perhaps it was because it was due to the sloop of the ridge.

- So if the ridge has a sloop, I doubt a mechanical cutter could be used.   While not an expert, I do know a lot about math and physics and can imagine what would happen if a machine tries to grab a 4 ton tree while sitting on an incline.  It will end badly for the machine and the operator.

- I estimated the firs to be 60 ft weighing 4-5 tons.  By my math 1-2 adults BFs could pick them up.  Not rip them straight from the ground.  But could knock them over with heavy weight on them from snow.  I have a 90 foot, 200+ old, healthy oak laying across my front yard, felled simply by a foot of rain and 10-20 MPH rain.

- Snow reflects light no less than mirrors.

Anyway, I am done with this one.  

Take Care,

Chris

1- The videography could just be a hoax with them knowing full well what it is.

2- They do it all the time. Steep incline. See photo. I do not believe that ridge is nearly that steep.

3- I think those trees are 100 plus feet. But probably not super large in the bole in snow country. But the trees were not simply pushed over. They were severed from the ground and carried vertically for a distance. Two of them. This is exactly what a feller buncher does! I do not feel an animal short of an elephant would be capable of such a feat and even then a big maybe.

4- I have two feet of snow in my yard right now. I have never seen snow reflect sunlight like a mirror. It can sparkle up close. But flashing like a signal mirror as a small bright point? No.

If your done that’s fine. But I felt like I needed to address your points, some of which is just my opinion. But some of it is fact. 

C67F4F24-83DB-4278-B1D8-3B90652E26B2.jpeg

Well, it cannot turn it to the right.  Wonder what happens when that tree is tilted 90 degrees to the left.  LOL.  

Looking closer, the guy in the cab has some rally huge ones.  

Edited by NCBFr

20 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

Well, it cannot turn it to the right.  Wonder what happens when that tree is tilted 90 degrees to the left.  LOL.  

Looking closer, the guy in the cab has some rally huge ones.  

Had one on my place last year, they are pretty impressive.

Here is one on video.

I don't have a lot of faith in tree breaks in the woods. Mother nature can be pretty violent, that said now twists get my attention. Find a two to three inch tree all twisted up and I'm  like whoa, what does that?

• Upvote 1