The case for Homo Erectus

norseman

1 minute ago, norseman said:

Maybe Sasquatch uses tools but hides the fact very well? Or maybe it is a descendant of Gigantopethicus, and has never used tools.....

If the 130,000 year old Cerutti Mastadon Site was made by a Sasquatch breaking a Mastadon femur then they were at least advanced enough to use the rock hammer and anvil. Not quite Oldowan but still tools nonetheless. All the Anthropology PhDs tell me it’s too big of an assumption but what else could’ve made that site in that timeframe?? They may hide their primitive tools, heck they may even hide fire usage. Early Indian stories often told about the “wildmen” burning fires on the sides of mountains. The scant dna evidence we have has all come back homo, zoobank even assigned them the name Homo sapien cognatus. I don’t know what exactly Bigfoot is, if it’s a really primitive Homo sapien, if it’s an erectus, a denisovan, or if it’s some sort of hybrid/conglomerate of early hominins. I’ll bet my last dollar though that it’s no ape.

When some of you guys say they hunt and kill deer or elk easily I just don't know how you come to that conclusion unless they hunt bedded deer .

Then I can see it . Every film I have watched of them they don't display lighting speed , maybe they are ambush predators jumping out of trees ?

I don't know  😎

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

If I remember his presentations well enough,   I believe Meldrum has said that there may be several human ancestors that are unknown because we have not found them yet

I’ve heard we may only have uncovered 15% of the hominid fossil layer, that still leaves a ton of possibilities. Even the paper I cited a few days ago said the measurements for the Lake Chapala Brow Ridge only resembled Homo erectus, the thickness and dimensions still weren’t an exact fit which is why it’s still such a controversial find. A lot of early hominins had pronounced brow ridges. Even the origins of Homo floriensis still remains unknown. When that was first discovered everybody said it was a homo erectus which had shrunk due to insular dwarfism. Now they’re saying it looks more like an Australopithecene but they haven’t found any other Australopithecus fossils outside of Africa to prove that hypothesis. This is why I find anthropology so exciting. Every year we literally find new fossils and remains which completely change what we thought we already knew about the human family tree.

Last point for the moment: I still have a hunch that Bigfoot is connected to the infamous “mystery hominin” whose dna still pops up in the human family tree from time to time. I don’t know if it is Sasquatch for sure as it’s still purely theoretical, but if we ever are able to determine it’s identity it could be very significant in helping us piece together the puzzle. Denisovans were much closer to the Bering Land Bridge than any other later Homo species. Figure out what was occasionally hybridizing with them and it could bring this thing home once and for all.

736D16F4-63A5-410B-8ECE-9D7589206822.png

BFF Patron

The cross country skiers experience with the two BF hunting deer was similar my my experience trying to get a BF to break cover so I could get a picture.  While I was advancing on the one I could hear moving, another I had no idea was there,    was behind me advancing on me.    When the one in front growled in displeasure, the one behind broke off a tree.   It easily could have taken me out.       Anyone tempted to hunt BF, even with a camera,   needs to assume that they are not alone.  

The cross country skiers' story is near one of the places I sometimes search. Interesting, I had never seen that story before. 

BFF Patron

I was just replaying my encounter in my head.    I think perhaps I was fortunate that it happened in a patch of woods next to a clearcut.    I had no choice in the direction to withdraw,   other than move out into the clearcut to get away from both of the BF,  which I was between.    I was wondering if they are so afraid of being seen, that they would stay put in the woods behind cover,  rather than follow me out into the clearcut.     That tactic may be similar to turning on a flashlight at night.    That seems to be the best way to break contact at night.   

2 hours ago, Willystyle said:

If the 130,000 year old Cerutti Mastadon Site was made by a Sasquatch breaking a Mastadon femur then they were at least advanced enough to use the rock hammer and anvil. Not quite Oldowan but still tools nonetheless. All the Anthropology PhDs tell me it’s too big of an assumption but what else could’ve made that site in that timeframe?? They may hide their primitive tools, heck they may even hide fire usage. Early Indian stories often told about the “wildmen” burning fires on the sides of mountains. The scant dna evidence we have has all come back homo, zoobank even assigned them the name Homo sapien cognatus. I don’t know what exactly Bigfoot is, if it’s a really primitive Homo sapien, if it’s an erectus, a denisovan, or if it’s some sort of hybrid/conglomerate of early hominins. I’ll bet my last dollar though that it’s no ape.

Zoobank didn’t assign anything. Melba Ketchum registered that name. And then failed to produce the goods.

The mastodon dig is super exciting!

33 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

The cross country skiers' story is near one of the places I sometimes search. Interesting, I had never seen that story before. 

If the story is true then it may serve to reinforce what members have been saying for quite a while now. That a necessary caloric intake in winter may drive Bigfoot into a more predatory state. Since forage would be limited and highly competed for, or perhaps non-existent in some locales, then omnivores would be forced to switch their dietary focus to eating meat. Or, as I have postulated in the past, plucking fat-rich bats from their roosts of cave ceilings while immobile in their winter torpor.

A sure sign that a colony has been disturbed would be to find frozen or starved bats on the ground before early insect hatches had occurred.  Doesn't mean Sasquatch though as Humans can be unaware of what can happen to bat colonies when they enter a cave.

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

Part of the problem figuring out prehistory human habitation of North America is that during or shortly after the last ice age,   much of NA was covered with ice sheet.    That which was not, and habitable, is now under more than 100 feet of ocean along the coasts.    Most of North American human early habitation has been obliterated.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

This what I would like to see . When you mostly watch any type of video or see a photo you never see the swiftness of the creature . I wish just once someone would capture a video of one running on all fours quickly . 

In the Patty film she didn't seem like she even moved on all fours ever. There has to be different types if people see these running this way.

Edited by 7.62

BFF Patron

I heard an sighting incident related in Portland Hopsquatch event.    I don't think it has ever been reported other than that.     The witness had a boat on a lake someplace in Oregon.    Their camping area was nearby the dock.    The humans had been out on the boat fishing all day and the boat owner just happened to go check the boat was secure before he went to bed.   He looked over a bank into the boat and discovered an older juvenile BF rummaging through the boat.    Apparently they had left part of their lunch in the boat.  The juvenile stood up, saw the human watching it at about an eye to eye level and took off along the bank.   It was on 4 feet for over a half mile before leaving the lake shore for a wooded area.   I think they are quadrupedal far more often than we think.    Perhaps more so when they are younger and more limber. 

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

I heard an sighting incident related in Portland Hopsquatch event.    I don't think it has ever been reported other than that.     The witness had a boat on a lake someplace in Oregon.    Their camping area was nearby the dock.    The humans had been out on the boat fishing all day and the boat owner just happened to go check the boat was secure before he went to bed.   He looked over a bank into the boat and discovered an older juvenile BF rummaging through the boat.    Apparently they had left part of their lunch in the boat.  The juvenile stood up, saw the human watching it at about an eye to eye level and took off along the bank.   It was on 4 feet for over a half mile before leaving the lake shore for a wooded area.   I think they are quadrupedal far more often than we think.    Perhaps more so when they are younger and more limber. 

If it’s a partial quadruped? Then it’s not in the genus Homo. IMO.

Speaking of the genus Homo, a couple of years ago I mentioned that DNA mutation due to an extraterrestrial cosmic ray bombardment may have been part of the Human evolutionary process leading to variations in the different branches of hominid species. At the time I brought up the Fermi Gamma Ray Bubbles discovered in November 2010 emanating from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. This report just out from here: https://astro3d.org.au/not-long-ago-the-centre-of-the-milky-way-exploded/ puts the timing of the Fermi Bubbles at 3.5 million years ago which is in the same time frame that Australopithecines existed. The article mentions that the aftermath of the cosmic blast lasted for 300,000 years. Certainly enough time to have had a possible influence on genetic material within all plants, animals, and hominids.

In other words, the effect may have been instrumental in steering evolution toward Homo Erectus and other "mutations" leading to the many hominid branches that we are now discovering even though different species came well after the Fermi Bubble explosion. It's conjecture on my part but there were genetic changes in our ancestral line and one must at least consider a strong cosmic intervention as a possibility for who and what we are today. This would include Sasquatches and just about everything else. Science is simply amazing!

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic