Track identification

Guest jmbc

• 3 weeks later...

I found these tracks in the sand next to a creek, just wanting to know if these could be made by Mr. Foot or could they have been made by someone stepping several times in this area? Notice the third photo shows two of the same large tracks but going in oposite directions.  The tracks are a lot deeper than the ones I made but I don't know if these tracks were made when the sand was softer.

Thanks Mark

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

On 3/28/2019 at 4:02 PM, jmbc said:

We live in a rural area, and see these tracks the last few weeks. There is another area that I saw today, but did not have a camera phone on me. Pretty much identical tracks, and near our lower well house, which is very close to our barn and our actual house. Maybe it's nothing, but wanted to post and ask anyways :)

No one, except our local wildlife (which can include bear, foxes, coyote, all type of bird, and occasionally a cougar), as well as our horse, and us, are in this lower acreage field, and no one would go down there barefoot; as it is covered in blackberries, and poison oak. The reason why we went down there, is to evaluate clearing the berries out. I'm a size women 7.5 foot, just to give a gauge of size. Thank you for any input.

IMG_0059.jpgI am curious how far apart where these tracks, how many of them where there, and where they all on this hill, and is there a way they could have just been made by someone wearing boots and sliding on wet ground on the hill?

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

• gigantor featured this topic

Welcome to the forum. 

Those are odd looking tracks.  The most notable pattern I see in them is vertical lines which indicates to me slipping.  I certainly do not see in shoe treads and I do not think it would be any of the wildlife you mentioned.  I can see the horse print but I am guessing that is just your horse overstepping the print or vice-versa.  Having spent close to 15 yers watching my daughter ride I have a pretty good idea all of the various types of horse prints.  They seem to be about the same size as your shoe and you can see the faintest of toe prints and maybe a heal impression.  The closest I can come is a kid in loafers or some other non-tread shoe were running along the path.  Can you try to recreate the print by running over the same terrain?  I think it was asked before but could you tell us the distance between prints and if they are slightly offset or in a straight line? Also, can you share with us roughly the location such as state and county?

BFF Patron

I agree they are odd with the linear striations.   I have seen something similar in a muddy wall where something had come down about a 60 degree muddy cliff.   But there was deformation suggesting toes or fingers tried to dig in.     Unless made in snow then have sublimated out,   most BF prints show toe prints to some extent.   It almost looks like a footprint was filled with mud, then was scraped off with something to make the print go away.   I can just see a BF with a can of mud filling in footprints.    Or an alternative explanation is there are humans who in the interest of BF protection,    obliterate footprints they find.    That would explain the linear striations.    Maybe that is what is going one here?   I have a first person account of forest rangers taking out footprints he found.   The print finder was on his way out to his truck to get casting materials, ran into some rangers, told them about the prints, and by the time he got back to the print with the casting materials, it was gone along with the rangers.  

As it turned out i am a little bored, wearing worn out tennis shoes, the dogs need to go out, and have a patch of dirt available in the woods behind my house.  Here is a print of me running and jogging through the moist ground.  I also walked across it but  left no visible print.  I was able to generate the vertical lines seen in your print.  However, my running print was very short as I was on the ball of my foot.  The jogging print is closer to yours but you can very clearly see the rounded toe box and heal impression.  Your print looks closer to a barefoot bipedal jogging.  Unfortunately I did not have a good spot to try that out.  The most logical answer is that you have someone using your property to practice their cross country track.  Does that sounds feasible to you?

The fact that you took the time to find this site and post your pictures says that you are concerned that you may have a bigfoot lurking around that could endanger your animals and even family.  So with that said a few more questions and thoughts for you:

• Is there anything else going on beyond the prints that make you think there is a BF in the neighborhood?
  • If the area is fenced in, follow the trail as best as possible to the fence (going and coming) and see if you can spot any hair stuck in the fencing.  If you do, take pictures of it and then collect it with tweezers and gloves and drop it in to a plastic bag and send me a PM.  
  • Those are some pretty mountains in the background.  I assume that is a wilderness area and a good place for an animal den.  Not sure if you have any hunters in the family, but I would definitely scout out that area to see what I could find.
  • If the mountains are his destination, can you tell where it came from.  By any chance do the prints lead back to a barn that is missing some horse sweet feed?  Also to the prints come and go or just pass through your property in one direction?
  • BFs end to be scavengers when food is scarce.  Make sure you have no food left out and available to him.
  • If you think it is a BF and want to get rid of it, mount a cheap trail cam.  That will guarantee he/she will never return.
  • Are the blackberries in season?  If so, I think we know the answer as to why he just started showing up recently.
  • I would stay outside late at night for a few nights and see if I could here any weird howling or moaning.  Google "Bigfoot Howls and Moans" to get a sense of what people think a BF sounds like.  If you hear them, try to record them an post them here.

Good Luck.  I am not on the site often these days so feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss this further.   I had a daughter spy a BF standing outside her bedroom years ago and know first hand how concerning that can be.

385150234_joggingprint.png.7a17ecff3431dee9dabebc7742bb3087.png1618528462_runningprint.png.8fcb2c540ea9f2d200b895b697a9e8e5.png

Edited by NCBFr
  • Upvote 2

One correction to your list of points if I may NCBFr? When collecting hair samples, place them into a paper bag or envelope, not in plastic. Hair sample DNA can degrade in plastic from moisture. If a plastic bag must be used then freeze the sample.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...

I'm inclined to think that the prints are nothing other than a person slipping on the hill as they walked up it. I see no reason to think that they are BF prints. Always go with the most obvious conclusion (and ordinary) before entertaining the extraordinary.