What do they do all day? How do they spend their time?

TD-40

This is an important question because all animals are busy, working, being productive, and actually serve a purpose that advances and protects their species. I have yet to find one "expert" who can rationally explain what these creatures do all day or all night long. There are lots of hours to kill every day, day after day. No they are not foraging for food every waking hour. They are not wandering aimlessly out there, either. We all agree they are large, strong, and intelligent creatures. So how do they spend their time? What are they doing every day? How do they advance their interests as a family unit or how do they protect their own species?

I really think these questions best explain all the tree structures and weird anamolies that exist out there if you know where to look and find them. I think they are ripping trees apart for some purpose, intentionally leaning logs up against live trees, rearranging the furniture if you will by sorting giant logs out on the ground and even uprooting trees and moving them around. I don't know all the purposes for each of these activities but I think they best explain my questions above.

So what do you think bigfoot are doing all day or all night long? Day after day, week after week, and month after month? How do they spend their time and put their strengths to work?

An 800 lbs omnivore living in a boreal forest covered by snow for half the year?

While not wandering aimlessly? I bet 90 percent of their time is consumed by hunting, fishing, gathering and preparing for winter. Also traveling with the seasonality of food sources. Berries, salmon runs, fawning, etc.

10 percent of the time is left for procreation, raising young, dealing with predators, caring for the ill, etc.

• Upvote 1

They work hard at making sure Humans are the laughing stock and focus of ridicule of other Humans.

Gorillas wake up early, move around a bit, eat, nap for a couple of hours late morning, play and mate midday, nap some more, eat a bite, maybe make a next, and go to bed. They might sleep in on stormy/rainy days.

Wash, rinse, repeat .

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

If they were out ripping up/down trees all day and arranging them by size, then placing them around all day...don't you think there would be at least a few witness testimonies that say that?

I've never read one.

Over the past 15 years the Alaska Deot of Fish and Game, with the assistance of the Air Force and Army who own all of the land immediately north of the city of Anchorage and well up into the Chugach Mountains to the east, have been studying the bears that inhabit the city, bases, and surrounding area. After fitting a few dozen bears, including a thousand pound monster,  one of their biggest surprises was that the bears descend into the congested parts of the city, even the downtown area, and essentially live in the greenbelts when the salmon arrive. And they do so, for the most part, without even being seen by the people. How do they do it? They fish the creeks at night, then go into the bushes and sleep all day long while people walk, ride bikes, skate, and travel the bike trails a few yards away. Then when the salmon runs subside, the bears head back up into the mountains to feast on the berries before winter.

There are an estimated 300+ black bears and 60+ brown/grizzly bears within the municipality borders at any one time. The original Urban Bear study began in 2005. There have been at least three more since. Here's a link to one of the more recent studies of 9 bears.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm%3Fadfg%3Dlivingwithbears.anchorageurbanbearsstorymap

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

If they were out ripping up/down trees all day and arranging them by size, then placing them around all day...don't you think there would be at least a few witness testimonies that say that?

I've never read one.

For the same reasons that people rarely see them at all. They do most of their activities when people aren't around and at night. And no I don't think they are ripping up trees EVERY DAY just that these activities seem to be a part of their lives.

I agree with Norse.  They are most likely omnivores that spend a lot of time grazing and eating.  Building up a reserve for winter. 

I agree too, a creature like that wouldn't be much different that any other forest creature in how they spend their time. Except perhaps in winter where predation might take center stage.

I would imagine Norse's description to be close to accurate. I would also think that there is some "play time" for them, as they seem curious and even mischievous at times from what I have read and experienced. How much of the available time is spent actually engaging in that is anyone's guess.  

A very interesting thread with some very good information. The answers seem quite logical.

I don't believe that if they do exist that they are responsible for tree structures. 

I think Norseman is most likely correct.   

So far as building structures, I'm not sure, but if they do, they are for a purpose.  It takes time and calories ... not something a primitive person without agriculture has any abundance of.   We may not understand, or agree on, what the purpose is, but if bigfoot is doing it, it has a purpose.

I think they are primarily nocturnal but not exclusively so.    Mostly during daylight they are sleeping, but not exclusively so.   Some activities would seem to require better light.    Trying to catch fish in streams ... you need to see into the water to see fish.   Daylight isn't an absolute must but it would be pretty close.  (Watch the live bear cams from Brooks Falls in Alaska .. there are some bears fishing at night, but many fewer, and it may be the more marginal ones that can't compete with the dominant bears who are present in daylight.)    Scanning the landscape planning travel routes .. they don't just bumble along.   ... and there does indeed seem to be some amount of time spent watching us based on reports.   Whether that is "curiosity" or trying to keep an eye on a potential danger (us) is anyone's guess.

MIB

I believe a whole bunch of structures found in the woods are old hunting blinds that hunters build. I know my son and I have built many. Now those X structures,,, I just don't know there!! Some see a bent tree and only see bigfoot at work!!

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic