What do they do all day? How do they spend their time?

TD-40

40 minutes ago, Shooter said:

I believe a whole bunch of structures found in the woods are old hunting blinds that hunters build. I know my son and I have built many. Now those X structures,,, I just don't know there!! Some see a bent tree and only see bigfoot at work!!

I'd be curious to know what the blinds that you built look like.

Here are two structures I found last year.

2136390676_StructureRezApril2018.thumb.jpg.28f07421e50f2ac7d596647b7136b5c9.jpg

1958649612_IowaStructiureSep2018.thumb.jpg.7abb1e50f048b157ec29ee2ffd6e2a5b.jpg

8 hours ago, MIB said:

.........Watch the live bear cams from Brooks Falls in Alaska .. there are some bears fishing at night, but many fewer, and it may be the more marginal ones that can't compete with the dominant bears who are present in daylight..........

I had to swear off poaching fish at night on streams in Alaska many years ago. The authorities didn't need to post cops out there. It was damned spooky snagging fish while hearing (and not seeing) the bears catching them so close by you could smell 'em..........

• gigantor featured this topic
SSR Team
On 3/29/2019 at 3:01 AM, Twist said:

I agree with Norse.  They are most likely omnivores that spend a lot of time grazing and eating.  Building up a reserve for winter. 

That would be geographically specific obviously, as the Florida (Southern) populations for example wouldn't need any such thing regarding winter focus.

Food gathering must take top priority for them however, wherever they are., irrelevant of social structure i would have thought too.

• Upvote 2

Good answer BobbyO 

They spend time on human forums debating the possibility that humans may or may not exist. 

• Upvote 1

P G, that's plain ridiculous. Even to Sasquatch the existence of humans are a given. No, I'm sure they are more likely debating on weather a human can cut a tree down and lift it without anything mechanical or what a human does all day. Sheesh!

BFF Patron
On 3/31/2019 at 9:42 AM, MIB said:

I think Norseman is most likely correct.   

So far as building structures, I'm not sure, but if they do, they are for a purpose.  It takes time and calories ... not something a primitive person without agriculture has any abundance of.   We may not understand, or agree on, what the purpose is, but if bigfoot is doing it, it has a purpose.

I think they are primarily nocturnal but not exclusively so.    Mostly during daylight they are sleeping, but not exclusively so.   Some activities would seem to require better light.    Trying to catch fish in streams ... you need to see into the water to see fish.   Daylight isn't an absolute must but it would be pretty close.  (Watch the live bear cams from Brooks Falls in Alaska .. there are some bears fishing at night, but many fewer, and it may be the more marginal ones that can't compete with the dominant bears who are present in daylight.)    Scanning the landscape planning travel routes .. they don't just bumble along.   ... and there does indeed seem to be some amount of time spent watching us based on reports.   Whether that is "curiosity" or trying to keep an eye on a potential danger (us) is anyone's guess.

MIB

Any good bear worth his angling salt knows like the Madison River guides do, that the lunkers come out at night!  And the competition is snoozing. 

I wonder if we look blurry to them. I mean the Bigfoots of course, not the lunkers.

Edited by hiflier
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Doug said:

P G, that's plain ridiculous. Even to Sasquatch the existence of humans are a given. No, I'm sure they are more likely debating on weather a human can cut a tree down and lift it without anything mechanical or what a human does all day. Sheesh!

Humor not exactly your fortay. 

Anyway have a blessed rest of week 

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Orangutangs lay in tree tops during the day catching rays and watching the birds , They will come down and go to the trees the birds were in the next day because thats where the food is at !

The older orangs stay lower in the trees in large nests & they will break tops out of nearby trees to make the nests mostly just relaxing and watching the the youngsters !

not a bad life !

BFF Patron
On 3/31/2019 at 9:42 AM, MIB said:

On 4/2/2019 at 7:11 PM, hiflier said:

I wonder if we look blurry to them. I mean the Bigfoots of course, not the lunkers.

Maybe to the lurkers, but not the lunkers? 

I think BF studies us all day and we just don't catch the drift most of the time.  I have evidence their ears are on diurnally (that is personal evidence and nothing that will twist anybodies arms so relax). 

5 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

I have evidence their ears are on diurnally

It certainly would make sense. Even bats in caves that hibernate, for want of a better word because they really just go into a low metabolism (torpor), are always on the alert for intruders. And even though they are not really sleeping it still takes them an hour or two to get their energy up and running normally. They only winter over with about a pat of butter's worth of fat. If it gets used during an early awakening they may not have reserve to survive the remaining winter. Depending on when the occurrence happens they could die either from exposure or starvation because their food supply of insects hasn't hatched out yet.

Best to stay out of the caves altogether where known colonies live. Some caves are being gated off for that reason among others. 

I believe we make the same mistake as the blind men describing the elephant when it comes to BF. IMO, they are diverse because they are intelligent and adapt to their environment. Some are wild and make a living as a hunter/gatherer. Some are dumpster divers and live on the fringes of civilization. Most are in-between. All are elusive and shun contact with humans. They get away with it because very few of us venture off the pathway or out of our air conditioners.

Just my opinion based on what I have observed. Your mileage may differ

• Upvote 1