What do they do all day? How do they spend their time?

TD-40

On 3/28/2019 at 3:28 PM, norseman said:

An 800 lbs omnivore living in a boreal forest covered by snow for half the year?

While not wandering aimlessly? I bet 90 percent of their time is consumed by hunting, fishing, gathering and preparing for winter. Also traveling with the seasonality of food sources. Berries, salmon runs, fawning, etc.

10 percent of the time is left for procreation, raising young, dealing with predators, caring for the ill, etc.

pretty much

• 3 weeks later...

They seem to be a migratory species, following food sources. As presumed mammals, they have to sleep. And based on the number of juvenile sightings, they like to mate. If they have as many human characteristics as implied by many reports then they must have social needs as well. 

There is a research location in n WA state. A woman named Lori Simmons inherited it from her dad. Apparently, there is a large and probably old BF living underground at a certain spot. Many visitors have claimed various gutteral replies when they attempt to make verbal contact. I have wanted to ask him, "so what are you doing down there?" And I am sure he would reply"mind your own business."

• 2 weeks later...

We can only make limited guesses at what bigfoot society is like.  To really know you would have to live in their society, like women abducted to be mates and spend a few years learning about their habits.  Whenever I read stories about that, whether from Native American lore or more modern accounts, they seem to lack a detailed accounting.  One of the more detailed accounts is the abduction of Albert Otsman, but he only lived with them a few days.

23 minutes ago, jayjeti said:

We can only make limited guesses at what bigfoot society is like.  To really know you would have to live in their society, like women abducted to be mates and spend a few years learning about their habits.  Whenever I read stories about that, whether from Native American lore or more modern accounts, they seem to lack a detailed accounting.  One of the more detailed accounts is the abduction of Albert Ostman, but he only lived with them a few days.

I may be in the minority in not believing those were Bigfoots Ostman experienced.  What use would a BF have with Ostman?  Literally nothing happened during his stay in their alleged camp. Doesn't add up but I have wondered about other potential abductions.  BF has shown interest in children and females.  Is it just curiosity or something else? There are plenty of 19th and 20th century newspaper accounts of BF trying to steal kids. There are plenty of modern day accounts of BF showing an uncomfortable interest in females, leaving handprints on vehicles and other such clues.  Is there something maternal with kids?  Pheremomal with women? 

Edited by Arvedis

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

I may be in the minority in not believing those were Bigfoots Ostman experienced.  What use would a BF have with Ostman?  Literally nothing happened during his stay in their alleged camp. Doesn't add up but I have wondered about other potential abductions.  BF has shown interest in children and females.  Is it just curiosity or something else? There are plenty of 19th and 20th century newspaper accounts of BF trying to steal kids. There are plenty of modern day accounts of BF showing an uncomfortable interest in females, leaving handprints on vehicles and other such clues.  Is there something maternal with kids?  Pheremomal with women? 

Ostman had it in his mind that he had been kidnapped as a mate for the “girl”. Men and women could be sex interests and children could be a maternal instinct. Maybe the loss of a offspring.

Again, very very old native accounts of Sasquatch being kidnappers.