High Country BF News

bipedalist

Maybe so but the rest of his post was pure crap. The fact of the matter is, beyond weird attempts to discourage me from even trying, NO ONE can really knows what the eventual outcome of my method will be. What I do see though is the usual unsupported guesswork and negativity that has plagued this idea. Personally I don't think there's any room for it when weighed against 60 long years of zero in the way of any proof coming out of the field. I don't discourage anyone from their endeavors with field work but for some odd reason the direction I'm taking seems to elicit some kind of opposing slap-down response. Makes me more than curious about why that is.

I think the reason is the same thing you alluded to in your last sentence. Conspiracy.

I'll say this, I am fairly high level in my organization. If I received a random email from a random person from the public (which happens almost every day in the form of small vendors peddling crap), I would not even remotely give it one thought before I deleted the email and forgot about it.

That's just reality. You are banking on finding the one person who wants to make a splash and you caught them in the right mood.

Nothing wrong with it, just low odds on it working.

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

You are banking on finding the one person who wants to make a splash and you caught them in the right mood.

Then evidently I can't seem to catch Commissioner Hilary Franz of the WA DNR "in the right mood" after 5 emails. Nor can I catch anyone at my own state's F&W "in the right mood" after three. I guess people are just kinda finicky at the "top" so to speak ;) Either that or they are never "in a good mood". Maybe it's just WA and my state? I'll keep trying but maybe I should simply cut my losses and try a different state. Problem is, no other state, including my own, sent reps to the Olympic Project's nesting site. I also haven't seen anyone from the Olympic Project actually asking any officials about Sasquatch's existence. One would think that a lot of time and effort could be saved if they did so?

I'm sorry but sometimes there are things that just don't add up if folks are at all serious about this subject. I'll also bet that none of you know what a "phenocam" is. Phenocams mean we're really running out of time here: https://www.neonscience.org/data-collection/phenocams Pretty soon the ONLY obvious and best places left to get an answer will BE our F&W agencies. At first I thought there were 62 NEON facilities out there. I thought wrong, there's 81 currently out there now. I'm looking at it this way. My state doesn't have Grizzly bears. I cannot help but think that if a 1,000 pound Grizzly  showed up then my F&W would know about it. Sasquatches have supposedly been around for at least 200 years. They reportedly go around 800 lbs. Should my F&W know about them too? You bet they should. That point alone should be motivating enough.......and it is. 

Edited by hiflier

37 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Then evidently I can't seem to catch Commissioner Hilary Franz of the WA DNR "in the right mood" after 5 emails......

Great, now you've got me flashing back to the early nineties, pleading, cajoling, begging the ex to occasionally be in the "right mood." Come to think of it, if she didn't shave for a week, could probably pass as a denizen of a Washington state deep forest environment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Great, now you've got me flashing back to the early nineties, pleading, cajoling, begging the ex to occasionally be in the "right mood." Come to think of it, if she didn't shave for a week, could probably pass as a denizen of a Washington state deep forest environment.

Uh.....TMI?

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I have experienced a government cover up about a known species.      Just a day or two ago the local media read a release from the government that the California Condor is going to be introduced into the Columbia River gorge.     Well about 8 or 10 years ago I encountered one flying over SW Washington.      They are huge and I got a good look at it from about 200 feet higher.  It was flying about about 6800 feet.    I knew they were recovering and was not really much surprised to see one.     A few months later, I went on a wildlife canoe paddle trip organized by a Park Service ranger.    She was describing birds of the region and mentioned that California Condors used to be common.   I said that is strange I just saw one a few months ago fairly near there.   She looked a little started but did not say anything at the time.   When we were done she approached me and asked about the bird encounter.   I described it and where it happened.    She said she was not supposed to divulge it, but they had already been introduced into the Columbia River Gorge.    So what happened years ago is now being announced to the public.   You can bet they sit on anything they do not want the public to know.  

• Upvote 1

Interesting, SWWASAS, but the California Condor is not a "myth". Don't know why it took ten years to announce it unless "they" wanted to make sure the bird would establish itself before taking safely credit? I can see it taking a two or three successful generations for that to happen. But then Condors aren't  mythological creatures like Sasquatch is supposed to be. So again, why wouldn't authorities admit that the Sasquatch isn't real? Would it all that big a deal really?

BFF Patron

My point is if they would keep the condor secret to allow it to establish, would they not do something similar or even more for BF?     Government agencies tend to use the same procedures when they work.   The fact that BF is a myth just makes it easier to publically ignore it.    

You saw the Condor and the Ranger admitted to you that they had been introduced 10 years prior. Wonder what would have happened if you said you saw a Sasquatch ;) Doubt your Ranger would have said, "Oh, they've been here all along, they're just really rare."

And you're right, as long as someone considers BF a myth then no one has to officially do anything. And that's where I come in. I want someone to officially admit BF- the flesh and blood version- doesn't exist......in writing......signed......and followed by a public announcement to that effect.

Shouldn't be such a big deal if the creature really isn't real. If that's true, then it certainly shouldn't be something that results in ignored emails, RIGHT? If the creature doesn't exist then simply say so. It won't hurt my feelings.........honest.

Edited by hiflier
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Anyone contact their F&W  to pop the question yet?

I'm not looking to get married again.

• Haha 1

Speaking of Bigfoot Forum there are often posts that talk about our ancestors and new discoveries of Homo in different areas of the world. I have often wondered about the money involved not only in getting people into the field to search places like caves in the Philippines, South Africa, Siberia and elsewhere. Money from National Geo, Smithsonian, Universities, grants and all kinds of other funding sources. And hen get specimens to labs, run tests, write papers, get peer reviews and qualify for more funding to do more searches. A lot of out family bush is getting filled out this way as a result.

But now comes Sasquatch. The difference? It's supposed to be a creature that is alive! And it's in North America. And money isn't appropriated  to go look for it? That makes no sense whatsoever from a scientific point of view. NONE. And you know something? Any excuse for why that isn't happening is hogwash. If discovery is such an important thing with such a deep impact then it is way more important that a Denisovan finger bone or a Star Cave full of skeletons. We have this big living thing in our own backyard whose range is getting smaller and smaller and science won't go after it? Science is going to sit back do nothing and wait for it's extinction? Science spends millions going out into the world looking for just about everything from old centers of early civilization to tiny bone fragments in caves but not a dime for an extant North American Primate?

I used to say it was because of greed in harvesting natural resources but I'm not convinced that is the issue. And what makes matters worse in my opinion is none of you seem to want to do anything to find out. You're full of quick answers for why I won't find out though. This picture is severely broken and why everyone is happy with it is beyond me. I love being out in Nature too but it's not a reason for me to not pursue the truth at higher levels. Support here for what I'm doing is great but support, while appreciated, won't accomplish a danged thing. "Go hiflier, go" and I have been but I look behind me and there's no one there. Not one soul. Never has been. Never will be. I get that now. Thanks for playing.     

The answer for me personally is that I don't take offense to the governments approach to BF. It'd be cool to hear an official stance on it but I don't concern myself much with wondering why they wont.  Its fun to theorize about at times though.