Sign in to follow this  

Implications Of Herniation

For some reason the left hand gets over exposed and washed out in that sequence causing it to appear club-like. However, you can see hints of the entire hand in some frames and even the thumb, which appears recessed. Sorry GT/CS, no wrist band.

LeftHand.gif

PBeaton

Here are the 3 frames (350, 351 & 352) showing the hernia (351). Note how completely it disappears within 1/16 of a sec. What makes it a "hernia" is the dark shadow at the bottom of the light patch on the thigh. The shadow is a 1 frame feature and note how many film artifacts pop up over these 3 frames. Keep in mind how a film artifact can blend in with the image (the "hand" on the cibachrome photo of frame 352, for example).

Hernia3frames.gif

At any rate, if this was caused by a bullet, then where is the exit wound in frame 352? Did it close up in a 1/16th of a second? The Bluff Creek massacre hypothesis is so ludicrous its beyond the pale. MK Davis and cohorts won't even acknowledge that it has been proven that Davis mistakenly identified the chopper pilot as Titmus. And that Davis' "enhancements" created all the alleged buckets of blood. The only explanation I can think of is the massacre nonsense was concocted strictly for a $book$ deal. Bigfootery seems to bring out the blinders for some, the deep end for others. IMHO.

Gigantofootecus,

It looks ta me like in frame 350, ya can see the start of the buldge of the hernia as a lighter area, then pop, out comes the tissue/hernia in 351. My humble opinion...hernia. The bullets flyin' nonsense is just that...nonsense ! Again, my opinion.

Pat...

ps; Thanks for images Gigantofootecus !

Edited by PBeaton

Guest nycBig

does anyone have a picture of a thigh hernia in a human?

NG, I think it's rather ironic that the images I used were..are you ready..digital scans of Rick Nolls microscoped copy of John Green's 3rd generation 2x magnified copy of the PGF. I believe Rick Nolls gave Owen Caddy a digital copy of these scans (which were originally in colour) and he forwarded them to MK Davis (for reasons unknown). MK Davis then corrected them for chromatic aberration and converted them to greyscale. These are the images I used to create the animated GIF of the hernia. But if it was caused by a bullet, then where was the exit wound?

I'm not convinced this is a film artifact, but it likely is. There are many artifacts on this copy of the film, one of which could be the hernia. However, it could be a feature of the suit or a physical anomaly, who knows?

GF

Oh the wonders of grainy film. 'Footecus, that is pretty dern ironic. If I read you right, then so much what we are seeing from MK are really the same base images that you present, by way of Nolls' and Green's 3rd gen. Wow.. Ok. Do you have that same magnified animated gif in color? Does that just muddy the waters more than the greyscale? And I know what you are saying, who knows, really? This tree has been barked up before. Still waiting for medical input from anyone on the herniation. Short (or Davis or whomever) claims on the BF Encounters website to have consulted medical authorities (if I understand correctly, Short was at one time a nurse, too), and that they said this was not consistent with a herniation. Soooo, rebuttal, oh physician type people? I mean, if you take it the right way it is, once again, strong evidence for film artifact, since we have someone saying that it is not how a herniation should look. EXCEPT that we have anatomists and physicians/nurses backing either the herniation or wound take on things.

parnassus

Here are the 3 frames (350, 351 & 352) showing the hernia (351). Note how completely it disappears within 1/16 of a sec. What makes it a "hernia" is the dark shadow at the bottom of the light patch on the thigh. The shadow is a 1 frame feature and note how many film artifacts pop up over these 3 frames. Keep in mind how a film artifact can blend in with the image (the "hand" on the cibachrome photo of frame 352, for example).

Hernia3frames.gif

At any rate, if this was caused by a bullet, then where is the exit wound in frame 352? Did it close up in a 1/16th of a second? The Bluff Creek massacre hypothesis is so ludicrous its beyond the pale. MK Davis and cohorts won't even acknowledge that it has been proven that Davis mistakenly identified the chopper pilot as Titmus. And that Davis' "enhancements" created all the alleged buckets of blood. The only explanation I can think of is the massacre nonsense was concocted strictly for a $book$ deal. Bigfootery seems to bring out the blinders for some, the deep end for others. IMHO.

It looks to me as if it is a light area, starting to come up in the first frame, then it is big enough to distend the anterior thigh and cause a shadow in the second frame, and then collapses in the third frame, leaving a stepdown in the contour of the anterior thigh. Because of the continuity, I don't think is a film artifact. I think it is a real thing. Muscle hernias don't jump in and out at lighting speed. Obviously this is not a gunshot wound; the subject shows no limp, doesn't fall down, etc. I am left with "wardrobe malfunction."

PBeaton

Pretty good wardrobe malfunction for 1967 eh !

Pat...