Professional Hunter talks about his grandfather's BF encounter and his experiences

Explorer

I haven't shared that one with anyone on here, however, I did tell about the location and that it did happen, in another thread on here and I reported it to Oregon Bigfoot website a few years ago. I can't tell it now, but, will try later tonight or tomorrow. It's kind of long.

Good stuff! Thanks for posting it. You have to wonder how many people out there have a story they have never told anyone.

Am I the only one who thinks that guy looks just like Jeremy Wade?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Rockape said:

I was thinking Daniel Craig ...

Well NatFoot,  it was at the base of Crescent Mountain near Little Lava lake between highway 20 and 22. I shot a bear close to dusk and we (Tony,Vernon and I) decided to spend the night and retrieve it in the morning. We were parked in a wide spot off the  gravel road on a long corner with young alders to the sides and large fir trees behind us. We had seen no camps on either side of us as we hunted during the day. I slept in my truck bed in the canopy and door and tailgate open with my head on the tailgate. Tony and Vernon slept under a tarp just behind the truck. The moon was bright enough to read by and it was shining through my window. I had been asleep for several hours when I was awakened by loud bipedal foot steps fast and hard coming down the road towards us. I looked out of the window , but saw nothing. I turned on my stomach to see if Tony and Vernon were still there. Both were asleep. It was at this moment, me on my stomach and elbows looking over my tailgate, that the footsteps came around the corner and came to a dead stop when who or whatever it was saw the truck. I was frozen in fear because either a person was walking these back roads after 11:00 pm or a Sasquatch was. Either one was not desirable. All was quiet for a few minutes. I was still on my stomach when I heard light footfalls creeping slowly along the side of my truck. I could hear and felt as it ran it's something (finger, hand?) briefly on my truck as it came to stand above and behind me blocking the moonlight. After a while, a minute or two?, it slowly sneaked back out and around to the front of the truck and stood for quite a while. I didn't move from my position. Then I heard it sneaking down the other side and stood behind me and above me. I was too scared to look and hoped that if stayed motionless it would think I was asleep. The next thing I hear is it entering the alders about 10 yards away. It must have stood in the alders for 5 to 10 minutes. I looked over at the alders, but could not see it standing in them. Then I heard rustling through the alders and then fast and hard down the road it went. Later on about 2:30am, I was woken up again by walking, however, it was easy to tell that it was a quadruped. It was confirmed when it, a deer, blew it's alarm sound and jumped off into the trees.

The next day I found no tracks and Tony and Vernon said they heard nothing but the deer blowing and crashing the brush. I couldn't make out what was brushed down the side of the truck because there was very little dust on it.

Edited by Doug
  • Upvote 1

On 4/6/2019 at 8:10 AM, BobbyO said:

I say brave as he’s put himself on the line here and open for some huge ridicule both personally and professionally, but he clearly doesn’t care. 

Video’s were released part week and no, they weren’t  released on the 1st ! ;) 

He posted some of his stories in 2010 and 2011 on the huntingbc forum. Not long after I joined this forum posted a number of sightings reports from other forums on this site.

I gave it up after I received a warning because I missed editing out a curse word than another for using *** in place of a curse word.

By editing out with no indication that there was an edit negatively impacted the story IMHO and I felt that it just was not worth the effort 

Here is the link to the old post

Edited by MagniAesir
  • Upvote 1

SSR Team

Thanks Mag appreciate the link, i'll look through it a little later..;)

SSR Team

Another one !

11 hours ago, Rockape said:

.........Am I the only one who thinks that guy looks just like Jeremy Wade?

I saw the video before these threads started, and at first I thought it was Jim Shockey because of his voice. Even though I've subscribed to howtohunt.com on YouTube, I didn't know the guys name or recognize him.

SSR Team

Jeremy Wade, great shout, he's a ringer for him..;)

2 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Jeremy Wade, great shout, he's a ringer for him..;)

43 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I thought that as  soon as I saw him. 

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it. They could be brothers.

maxresdefault.jpg37103c705362fe05e1c00e00a32f7524--jeremy

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

Even though I've subscribed to howtohunt.com on YouTube, I didn't know the guys name or recognize him. 

Yeah, looking through photos I recognized some of the ones from his hunts. One's a huge brown bear.

13 hours ago, Rockape said:

Good stuff! Thanks for posting it. You have to wonder how many people out there have a story they have never told anyone.

There are a ton of folks like him out there, I brush over the subject often at a gas station or a cafe and regularly folks will awkwardly approach me and say something like " You lookin for bigfoot ? your just wasting you time time "  and I usually respond with a default response - " You are either entirely ignorant of the subject or you are feeling out how seriously I take the subject, if neither then you are wasting your time ". 

Many times they blink a few moments and just stare at me and look like they are wrestling with some kind of response and that is when I ask them to tell me what happened. I have had many visitors at my table and gas pump.

47 minutes ago, NathanFooter said:

............" You lookin for bigfoot ? your just wasting you time time ".........

I have come to believe that the vast majority of humanity wastes most of their free time, free time being that not spent acquiring food and shelter. That includes virtually 100% of "entertainment", especially watching tv. Searching for sasquatch, even if only online, beats the Hell out of watching Laverne & Shirley any day of the week.

• Upvote 1