Professional Hunter talks about his grandfather's BF encounter and his experiences

Explorer

SSR Team
9 hours ago, NatFoot said:

That looks like a cutout to me.

I see the facial features but my mind can't explain the mid torso. Seems too thick and no shadow of where the arm should be hanging down.

Forgot about this one though.a

Just because your mind can't explain x and y doesn't mean this should be forgot imo, especially when you're also saying it's "too thick".

If we did, we wouldn't have a BFF in the first place because none of our minds should be able to explain something that the whole world and sundry, tells us doesn't actually exist..;)

We digress anyway.

2 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Just because your mind can't explain x and y doesn't mean this should be forgot imo, especially when you're also saying it's "too thick".

If we did, we wouldn't have a BFF in the first place because none of our minds should be able to explain something that the whole world and sundry, tells us doesn't actually exist..;)

We digress anyway.

Not saying it's a cutout but my mind didn't immediately go to, "my gosh, they actually got a picture of one!" like it does for others.

It doesn’t matter.... until one of us goes “click” on a firing pin versus a camera button?

Speculate, speculate, speculate.

Is it a Bigfoot or a burnt stump?

BFF Patron

5 minutes ago, norseman said:

It doesn’t matter.... until one of us goes “click” on a firing pin versus a camera button?

Speculate, speculate, speculate.

Is it a Bigfoot or a burnt stump?

Watch out for the stumps that move.  

Just now, SWWASAS said:

Watch out for the stumps that move.  

I would love to observe that. 

BFF Patron

I have and it is very confusing.       Took this picture one day.     Saw the dark object up on a ridgeline over looking me down in the valley.    So I jacked up the telephoto setting and took the picture.   When I stared at it,  it sort of looked like it was moving a bit.    So assuming it was a stump I continued in the field then when I got home blew up the picture.     If you do,    the brown blob really looks more like a BF than stump.    So the next day I went back, if the blob was still there,   it was a stump,   if had not been there,  it might have been a BF.     Well the blob was there.   I tried to get to the ridge location but the terrain was too difficult.   Once I got closer, I could no longer see it up on the ridge.      So thinking stump  I went home again.   The next week on the same trail the stump was no longer there up on the ridge.     I have no idea what it was.   Of course a stump can fall down too.   Moving stumps can be very confusing.   I have wondered if some logger shot a BF and stood it up there, making it there the next day and gone the next week.  

stumpsquatch.JPG

Edited by SWWASAS

7 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I have and it is very confusing.       Took this picture one day.     Saw the dark object up on a ridgeline over looking me down in the valley.    So I jacked up the telephoto setting and took the picture.   When I stared at it,  it sort of looked like it was moving a bit.    So assuming it was a stump I continued in the field then when I got home blew up the picture.     If you do,    the brown blob really looks more like a BF than stump.    So the next day I went back, if the blob was still there,   it was a stump,   if had not been there,  it might have been a BF.     Well the blob was there.   I tried to get to the ridge location but the terrain was too difficult.   Once I got closer, I could no longer see it up on the ridge.      So thinking stump  I went home again.   The next week on the same trail the stump was no longer there up on the ridge.     I have no idea what it was.   Of course a stump can fall down too.   Moving stumps can be very confusing.   I have wondered if some logger shot a BF and stood it up there, making it there the next day and gone the next week.  

stumpsquatch.JPG

It’s in a clear cut or a burn. I can see burnt logs laying on the ground. The head seems very low in relation to the shoulders. I would guess stump.

Pure speculation on my part. 

I see a lot of them.

Edited by norseman

BFF Patron

It is in the Yacult burn area.   When I blow it up to where it is starting to pixelate it gets more convincing.   You can see between its legs or through the base of the stump.    I will never know but I cannot imagine a live BF standing there for 24 hours.   I also wondered if some logger decided to take his chainsaw and make a squatch.     Once it was no longer there I had to assume it was a stump that fell over.  It certainly had me going for over 24 hours.  

Here is the best I can do blowing up and adjusting colors.   You can see it is just starting to look less like a stump at this point. 

stumpsquatch - Copy (3).JPG

Edited by SWWASAS

BFF Patron

Not a FLIR scope a normal person could afford.     The thing was 1/2 mile away.      My camera was in max optical zoom which is 30X.     Unless a FLIR was telephoto,  it would just be a spot in the image.   Even then since it was likely a burned out stump,  the black charcoal would have obsorbed a lot of the November morning sun and probably been pretty bright in the thermal image.  

Essentially.   880 yards = 1/2 mile ,, exactly.   1 mile = 5280 feet = 1760 yards ,,, etc.

MIB