SWWASAS

New BF Movie

SWWASAS

Local news was talking about an animated bigfoot movie that starts in theaters today.     If you have preteen kids it would be good for them.   It was done by an animation studio in Portland Oregon.  Supposedly funny enough to be of interest to older people.  

SWWASAS

I have wanted to take a DVD of something like this out in the woods and play it for the hairy men.    I would even furnish them popcorn.  Anyone know if they eat popcorn?     

hiflier

That is one super looking ape nose. Too bad.

Patterson-Gimlin

I knew about this. I am taking my 4 year old granddaughter next week. 

She does a good impression of Bobo's 

Bigfoot howls. 

PBeaton

Anyone heard of this one ? 😲

THE MAN WHO KILLED HITLER AND THEN THE BIGFOOT follows the epic adventures of an American legend that no one has ever heard of. Since WWII, Calvin Barr (Elliott) has lived with the secret that he was responsible for the assassination of Adolf Hitler. Now, decades later, the US government has called on him again for a new top-secret mission. Bigfoot has been living deep in the Canadian wilderness and is carrying a deadly plague that is now threatening to spread to the general population. Relying on the same skills that he honed during the war, Calvin must set out to save the free world yet again.

Quazimoto

@PBeaton Yep,  Watched it the other day.  It's not a bad movie, but I wouldn't call it a Bigfoot movie either.  The Bigfoot portion isn't large and the creature doesn't really resemble the traditional Bigfoot look aside from being hairy and living in the woods.  The movie's more about an old Man reflecting on his life than anything else.  Good flick, but if you go in expecting and epic Bigfoot vs Man adventure, you'd be disappointed.

• Thanks 1

PBeaton

Quazimoto,

Thanks. Kinda got that feel from the trailer, thought it looked interestin'.

Pat...

SWWASAS

Was looking through Amazon movies last night and found a fairly new BF movie.    Big Legend.   2018.  3.5 stars  Free for Amazon Prime Members.      Takes place in Washington State.   Sure seemed to me that whoever wrote it might have been on this forum in the last couple of years.     Briefly so as not to spoil it, an ex soldier takes his girlfriend out hiking,   proposes to her near a waterfall,  and they set up camp.      He puts a trip wire with a bell around camp.     In the night the girl hears knocking nearby.     He tells her to ignore the knocking until the bell rings.    He takes gun and light to investigate the bell and finds the trip wire broken.    Back in camp the girlfriend screams and something drags her off.    Fast forward a year and he is in a psychiatric hospital getting over the trauma of the event.   They have persuaded him that it was a bear.    He gets out and his Mom says he needs to go there and find answers.    Heavily armed he returns to the area and has confrontations with a nasty tempered BF.     Finds rock stacks, hears wood knocking,  finds tree stuck in the ground with the roots up, and is being chased by a BF when he runs into a grizzled older heavily armed BF researcher who scares off the BF.     Think Huntster!   Now it gets weird.    They team up and the researcher says he will take the ex soldier into the Zone.     The enter the area which is labeled with signs saying Zylon Corporation.   Don't you think that is similar to NEON?  Makes me wonder if the film writer was or is a member of this forum.   I have never mentioned the NEON thing on any forum but this one.     Anyway they spend half of the movie fighting off the nasty BF attacks.  Don't watch it with little kids around or before you do solo field work.       

Edited by SWWASAS

Little Foot
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:24 AM, SWWASAS said:

Was looking through Amazon movies last night and found a fairly new BF movie.    Big Legend.   2018.  3.5 stars  Free for Amazon Prime Members.      Takes place in Washington State.   Sure seemed to me that whoever wrote it might have been on this forum in the last couple of years.     Briefly so as not to spoil it, an ex soldier takes his girlfriend out hiking,   proposes to her near a waterfall,  and they set up camp.      He puts a trip wire with a bell around camp.     In the night the girl hears knocking nearby.     He tells her to ignore the knocking until the bell rings.    He takes gun and light to investigate the bell and finds the trip wire broken.    Back in camp the girlfriend screams and something drags her off.    Fast forward a year and he is in a psychiatric hospital getting over the trauma of the event.   They have persuaded him that it was a bear.    He gets out and his Mom says he needs to go there and find answers.    Heavily armed he returns to the area and has confrontations with a nasty tempered BF.     Finds rock stacks, hears wood knocking,  finds tree stuck in the ground with the roots up, and is being chased by a BF when he runs into a grizzled older heavily armed BF researcher who scares off the BF.     Think Huntster!   Now it gets weird.    They team up and the researcher says he will take the ex soldier into the Zone.     The enter the area which is labeled with signs saying Zylon Corporation.   Don't you think that is similar to NEON?  Makes me wonder if the film writer was or is a member of this forum.   I have never mentioned the NEON thing on any forum but this one.     Anyway they spend half of the movie fighting off the nasty BF attacks.  Don't watch it with little kids around or before you do solo field work.       

I saw that movie a while back.  It's not a bad movie.  It's actually a decent movie.  I do wish they would make a movie that was more like what bigfoots are truly reportedly like, i.e. docile, curious, elusive instead of aggressive, etc.  I've read many bigfoot encounters that would make excellent movies if somebody wanted to make a more realistic version.  Of course, it's all about making money...$$$..., so there would have to be character depth to it.

SWWASAS

"Letters from the Big Man" is probably has the best movie representation of bigfoot behavior being docile, curious.  and elusive.   I like that movie but don't like the ending.   

Little Foot
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, SWWASAS said:

"Letters from the Big Man" is probably has the best movie representation of bigfoot behavior being docile, curious.  and elusive.   I like that movie but don't like the ending.   

+1  A little slow, too, but the ending really was lame.  You would think that with all the CGI technology today that somebody could make a better movie.  There are so many stories of encounters out there that could make really good movies, in my opinion.  From what I've gathered, it also appears that the bigfoot temperament varies depending on where you are.  Southern bigfoots seem to be a little smaller, more aggressive, and meaner than the ones in the northwest.  I don't think that's always the case, but it seems to be that way.

SWWASAS

While it was not a high budget movie by any measure,   the BF costumes looked like people in furry footed pajamas.   They all had a belly.    Like you I think that BF temperament can vary by region.    There is one area in Northern Washington (NE of Granite Falls)  where the BF seem more aggressive and some encounter reports from there have people being chased out of the area.    While that is scary enough that I want no part of it solo,  BF that aggressive may actually show themselves.   If you think about it,   the BF in Florida have been exposed to Europeans for a couple of hundred years longer than those in the NW because of the Spanish exploration than the BF in the Pacific Northwest.   The Spanish tended to shoot most any tribe they encountered in the New World.   Throw in the Mayan invasion before that and that could explain the BF bad feeling towards invaders from anyplace else. 

Edited by SWWASAS

Little Foot

I never really thought about that, SWWASAS, but that makes perfect sense.  Being as the southern and eastern part of the country was "invaded" by Europeans first, it seems they had good reason to be aggressive when they invaded their territory, especially considering they brought war technology with them and later those "boom sticks" with them (rifles).  I'm pretty sure, and history back it up, that there were some encounters between the white man and the bigfoots in those days -- some of which didn't end well with bigfoots.  At least the native Americans respected them and let them have their own territories.  The white man made life a living hell for native Americans, and the bigfoots had migrate further west, or be good at hiding, and be good at avoiding contact with white man.  In the NW, white man didn't start encroaching their territories until much later.

SWWASAS

I have heard more than one report someplace that the BF in Florida have been heard saying Spanish words.    A couple of hundred years of Spanish presence may explain that.    I think the Spanish had primitive rifles since day one in North America.      They may not have been common and were likely fuse fired,  but certainly they existed prior to 1492.    FIrst used on ships for close in combat ( firing down on the decks of a ship close abeam before boarding) , and probably carried ashore for use against the American First Peoples.     . 

Edited by SWWASAS