Bff Member Sightings/ Please No Questions Or Discussion Of A Members Sightings.

mesabe

B) Hello everybody! I was a member of the old BFF, and had posted my 1st sighting on there. I've only been a member of this new improved BFF for a few weeks now. I was hoping the old threads could have been recovered, so I wouldn't have to repost this sighting, but since then I have had another, that wasn't posted there. So I will go ahead and post them both here.

Date: Not sure exactly, it was posted on other forum, but I think it was around 2001.

It was the February after we had a huge fire in Carlos Avery Game Preserve the previous summer.

State or Province: Minnesota, USA

Nearest Town: East Bethel, or Isanti

Witness Observation:

Other Witnesses: none

Time and Conditions: 7:00am bright & sunny, bitterly cold, no snow had fallen yet

that winter.

Environment:

mesabe

Sorry folks, I tried to edit my observation, and it was lost, when I posted it. So here goes again:

Witness Observation: I was on my way to work, almost running late, so I took a shortcut through the game preserve. I was rounding a bend, where I had seen deer congregated at in the past, so I slowed way down. This caused the car behind me to lose patience, & he started riding my butt! :angry:

I didn't see any deer, but caught a fast movement in my peripheral vision. When I looked I was surprised to see what I identified as a sasquatch! I remember being disapointed, thinking here's my 1st and probly only bigfoot sighting, and I can't appreciate it fully due to my crappy job!

It was standing next to a tree with it's right arm hanging from a branch about head level. It was turned to the right, as if it was watching my car, and the car behind me, to wait for us to pass, so it could cross the road.

It was approx. 6.5 to 7 ft. tall, lanky but muscular like a gymnast. I saw definition in the thigh and shoulder muscles. It had short black hair and black deep set eyes. It had long arms and hands, and tan colored skin. I saw hair covering the tops of it's hands, but didn't see it's feet due to the grass, and I didn't see ears or sex organs.

It had a slightly sloping head, and a slight muzzle. It had a small flat nose with a nasal ridge, and a prominant brow ridge, and a small chin. It also had thinner hair on the chest.

It had the overall appearance of an Olympic speed skater, wearing a solid black spandex speed skating uniform. It looked too human to be a bear, which should have been hibernating then anyway. It's possible it was a person, but why dressed like that in the woods, in that weather?

The other sighting I had was 2 yrs. later about 7 mi. away around 9am in July.

I was on my way home, rounding a curve around a small lake. I thought I saw a black colored tree which caught my attention, and what I thought was a branch, moved and turned out to be an arm. I stopped my car and watched for about 5 min. It was a huge sas. standing in the shade, eating leaves or something from a nearby tree. It turned to look at me while it was chewing, and the sheer size made me think that it could easily demolish the small car I was in. But it just contentedly went back to eating.

It had long wavy, flowing hair hanging off it's arms and head that resembled a sheepdogs. It was basically black colored also, with streaks of lighter grey and brown in a brindle pattern. I couldn't see below the upper chest due to bushes, but I could see the hands and face clearly. They were black or dark grey and leathery. It basically looked exactly like the picture JohnCartright had posted, except slightly longer hair, and mine looked older.

ChrisBFRPKY

Although for the most part I remain tight lipped about current ongoing research, I do believe in the concept of sharing. I have shared the sighting and info that follows with only a very few select researchers and professionals in this field. Some that read this will no doubt be wide eyed to the fact I'm sharing this but here it goes.

March 30th 2010, I had went to a new area to research. I was accompanied by fellow researcher Scott Smith and his son Tommy.

We were very excited as I had found fresh sign in an adjoining tract of land and had just obtained permission to investigate the adjoining property.

There was an old logging road that was left over from the early 70's that cut through a good portion of the property. This abandoned logging road made the trek VERY MUCH easier than the normal treks we make.

Remember, Kentucky is all about hills and hollows. The underbrush gets very thick very fast, so we were tickled to death to have such smooth sailing for a change.

We went across the top of one ridge line and we were heading down into a small hollow. Scott's cell phone rang and we were shocked that he had a signal that far back in, but we were pretty high up on that ridge.

We were about 3 miles in from where we had to leave the vehicle. So, while Scott was talking on his cell, Tommy was kinda walking a circle around him and kickin up the ground every now and then, you know how youngsters do. I had walked about 25 feet further away and stopped to get a picture of Scott talking on his cell in the middle of nowhere. (mainly as a joke for the guys later at Scott's expense)

Anyway, just as I started to snap the pic, I felt a fluttering in my left ear, like a woodpecker or humming bird's wings, right in my ear. As soon as I heard this Tommy quickly snapped his head straight up at me at the exact same time.

Afterwards, Tommy said he had the same thing happen to his right ear. (Tommy was facing me) So, I turned to my left and about 45 yards or so up the next hillside was a very large black mass of something(s). I watched it for a minute and caught the slightest bit of movement every now and then, so I set my little pocket camcorder on video and started recording, just in case there WAS something odd there.

I made about 15-20 seconds of video and some pics. Scott was off the phone now and he was wondering what I was filming. Since he had a camcorder too I pointed out the dark area on the hillside and told him to shoot some HD video of that area, again, I noticed more movement.

With Tommy present, I didn't really wanna pursue this any further at the time. I had my sidearm but Scott and Tommy were not armed and if worse came to worse, we could have been in bad shape. Note, there were dark "object(s)" on that hillside. So, we backed away and headed back to the vehicle.

After about 100 yards passed, we heard a variety of weird sounding coyote calls coming from the exact area we had just left. I recorded those too. Below is a still capture taken from the video. It's blurry of course as typical but maybe not as blurry as some you may have seen. The pic below is what we saw.

The return trip the next day for the followup showed nothing in the area where the dark mass(s) were before. There was a freshly broken cedar tree about 16 feet tall and 4 inches diameter placed upside down and leaned against the same tree near the dark object(s)

The ground below the cedar "lean-to" area was flattened, the leaf litter was scattered and had been flattened or crushed. A strange note : there were many small flying insects buzzing about this area in particular.

Chris B.

post-137-005844300 1296615896_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisBFRPKY
edited spelling and added a few spaces to make it read easier
  • Upvote 1

Guest tracker

Hey Chris,

First let me say great report. It appears to be on all fours. did you ever see it standing on two legs?

Also I tried to explain this in my threads. That you never quite feel safe around them. Even though there were three of you and you had a weapon. It's best to give them lots of space as you did. Funny how some others may ask from the safety of their homes questions like. Why didn't you wait around or move closer or follow? After all they are harmless and timid. How nice of some of them to expect others to risk their safety so they can be entertained.

Are we not entertained? tracker. dry.gif

ps. Chris you can pm me if this is not the place to go into it.

bipedalist

Thanks for sharing the account Chris. If it helps any I have experienced the "fluttering" in the ear effect when near or in the home range of what I suspect were Sasquatch. Usually, for me it is then associated with other bass vibratory sounds (and no I don't have a neurological/vascular/hearing/seizure disorder, lol) and occasionally a sound such as someone running their wet finger around the rim of a wine glass. The only noises besides stick breaking that accompanied creatures the evening of my sighting was a fluttering like a moth sound at close distance when there were no moths evident and the bass vibratory sounds/feelings/pressure waves which seemed to be more syncopated and rhythmic rather than steady/constant. To be frank this is one of the first times I have had anybody else make mention of this fluttering sound associated with a visual and a call that I can remember (doesn't mean it hasn't been brought up on the old forum). Appreciate the candid report of what you and your colleagues experienced on the ridgeline.

Edited by bipedalist

bipedalist

Dang, there is some strange stuff going on the forum today, I tried to add a few words to my post in edit and the whole post disappeared temporarily so I will just add (rhythmic syncopated (on/off)) and leave it at that. Where's that spooky beam me up smiley when you need it, lol.

Edited by bipedalist

the evening of my sighting

So, when will we see the comparison sketches and short write up description of your sighting in the Sighting Comparisons thread?

bipedalist

Will probably see it on one of the other threads first, since the sighting was nocturnal not going to be a Pete Travers moment for sure.

ChrisBFRPKY

Thanks guys and interesting comparison of the fluttering in the ear bipedalist. Tracker I sent you a PM bud, all questions are fine but let's use PM so we don't clog up the thread. Chris B.

No , I wish you would address the questions in the thread. Some, like me, may not think to ask the right question and miss out on something significant.

This thread was set aside so members could report their sightings without being questioned by other members. There is a follow up thread in this section for members to discuss their sightings, if they want to. However, no member that posts their sighting in this thread is obligated to discuss it in the other thread.

WV FOOTER

Thanks Chris for your report. I see a face in your photo. I blew it up, and its there.

ShadowBorn

This what i can recall to the best of my memory and i have more encounters that i can still report but they are in the strange catogory:

Well I am not sure on how to begin my encounters because when I did this the first time I was received badly on the first BFF and I know why now .My encounters started in 2001 in Washtenaw County, Michigan where there was a report on the BFRO. Report: http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2953 it was a week later that I went into that area to look around and see with my own two eyes if it was true about these creatures. I drove where this woman drove on Geddes rd pretty much in the same area during the day .The area looked with heavy growth and it had a ditch on both sides of the road. Near this area there is a botanical garden nearby up and it is close to suburbs and farms. I drove up some dirt roads where there were a lot of farms and saw a farmer was outside working on his tracker, I came up with the idea of maybe asking him if he had heard anything strange happening in the area. But he did not understand so I came straight out with him and asked him if he had heard anything of anyone seeing a Bigfoot. He looked at me and started laughing so I did and left. That is when we found this park that had these trails with over grown growth over the trails .It was on Cherry Hill rd this park and it was real thick with growth. There were five of us and it was around 7:00 in the evening when we had our first encounter. We were crouch down walking through this trail but practically on our knees to get through this trail when we started hearing what sounded like a monkey chatting away. The chatting was coming from a hill that we were climbing in other words we were heading towards the sound .We stopped all at once and we all somehow decided that going straight up that hill was not the right thing to do. So without thinking much about it we took a different route away from that sound.

My second encounter was in the same area on Cherry Hill rd where it was three of us I believe this time. All my first encounters happen in the year as that of the BFRO report. Well my second encounter happen on a hill where something started ruffling up the bushes below us. That really freaked us out and also made me some what a believer or took part of my skeptic side but not all of it yet. It is also when I came into contact with someone here in Michigan who I will call X for now. Because my next encounters would be what brought me Cr*p here on the old BFF and I am not how people are willing to receive it now.

Third encounter and the encounters that followed that I caught so much hell for but am willing to repost those encounters to show you people who are from the old board that I have never lied about my encounters and that yes there was some strange stuff reported with those encounters that I cannot explain and believe me it goes over and over in my head.

I believe it was Labor Day weekend but I am not sure my memory is not that great; I just know it was a weekend and the events started on Friday. First off I live in Detroit so I am a city person and my Pitt-Dog he is taught not to bark unless it is strangers. Living in Detroit back then it still was not safe so I had to arm myself to protect my family any way I can. Well X told of this person he knew up in Oscoda County, Michigan who we will call J. Now that Friday would be the first time that I would meet J and we would be camping together with my other friend who I will call U .So I have Jacob my Pitt bull, my .45 pistol and all my camping gear.

We all met up and got to know each other and headed out to the place where we would set up camp. It was not a bad place where we had set up camp it was amongst some tall pines and it had a nice fire pit with nice thick logs to sit on that were placed around the fire pit. We had our own chairs and we set those up around the camp fire our tents were set up toward the northwest of the fire pit. Our cars or least my truck was parked in front or south of the fire pit and the two tracks that we had our encounters was towards the east of the fire pit. On the first night we walked the two track at dusk and at it was uneventful until the way back from the third field which is about ¾ of mile away from camp. As we were walking back to camp I would be making some clapping sound with hands to see if this would attract them as well as making some whooping sounds. As we walked backed we were getting whiffs of something that did not smell right and it is not like you would get this smell all of the time it would have to be when the breeze was right you would get this whiff. Now that evening as we made our way back to camp we all sat around and talked.

It was on Saturday night when we had our up-close encounter and that night not really was strange at all for being and up close encounter. That Second day what we did was take some cord and hung this can of salmon between two tree on the two track but I came up with an idea of tying a glow stick to this can of salmon so that we could see it back in camp if it was messed with. Now my dog was tied to a tree near my side and he stuck close to us while he just laid around and watched us. X Had left for town to go to sleep and it was just J, U and me and another Friend of J. We sat there and talked when my dog started barking towards the south west of camp. But we never bothered to check it out because we figured it could have been anything so we did not give it much thought. My dog calm down a little bit but kept an eye in that area of the southwest of the fire pit. Now my dog started alerting again to the southeast of the fire pit ,so now we had something that was circling our camp and using the shadows to evade our vision .It was beyond the spot in a fire light in the woods where you can see everything in camp but no one can see you spot .But my dog was on it and he was like barking in the direction of the creatures movement.

Now it got to that glow stick salmon bait trap that we set up on the two track .We were all talking by the fire and just joking around and yes it was the first time we had met. I had a .45 Kimber and J had a 12 gauge pump and his friend also had a 12 gauge plus I had my dog Jacob. We all were talking when we saw the glow stick move but we all thought it was the wind that did this but we still watched it but kept on talking as we watched. We again saw the glow stick move but now we saw this glow stick go up and down which the wind could not have done this time. J said that he would go and investigate or take a walk around the outside of our camp and investigate the glow stick. As he did that us three kept on talking and joking around when we heard J scream out this loud cry. I did not know what to think of it but I screamed out and asked if he was ok and he said something like that there here and that he is looking straight at one .So I grabbed my pistol put it in my holster but I did not lock and load .I asked J If I should load up but he said no so I did not and walked over to where he was I did grab my light. When I reach J he was frozen in fear. He was shaking and was in tears but he held his ground .now at the beginning of the two tracks there is this gate. Well I walked to that gate with light in one hand and my other hand on my gun. I still did not know where the creature was when I got up to the gate and J kept telling me that it was crouch down in some bushes but I could not see anything so I came around that gate with my light and looked in these pines. That is when I saw it was tall had hair long brownish hair and looked like Chewbacca is the best way I can describe it except heavier and taller. It stood there pretending to be a tree. I shined it with my light never thought about taking my gun out because it never seemed a threat. I was trembling badly at what I just saw. My one friend U locked himself in my truck .But I had to get X here to witness what had just happen but that never happened since I got lost on the way back to camp. I spent the night in my uncomfortable track in a gas station waiting for that gas station to open to get gas and to ask directions back. When we finally made back to camp it was around 7:00am and in an hour later X showed up but before X showed up, J and his friend woke up when we arrived. Right away we started to investigate the area when we found these uproot pine and these track of tracks to the southwest of the fire pit. These tracks were behind these pines and would stop behind trees like the creature was staring at our camp for awhile.

On my second trip up there I spent a weekend in October, I believe the first weekend of that month .It was J his Friend and me that spend that weekend if my memory is correct .I went up there to set up some camera traps and some bait piles to see if we could get a picture of these creatures hitting the bait pile. We used frozen fish and apples and set up two camera traps if my memory is right. We set up the cameras so that the one camera would shoot the other camera if something would mess with that camera or the bait but nothing happen. It rained the first night and during the night I was woken up by something wondering around camp but I did not pay too much attention to it and went back to sleep since it was raining. The next day it was sunny and we went exploring and found more tracks southeast of the fire pit with branches broken like a path was made through there and these same 17â€x 6†foot prints were found and they were going up this path back in the woods along the two tracks. We videotaped the tracks and left it at that and tried to figure out what it was that this thing was doing. We also found prints behind big trees as though the creature was hiding behind these trees and watching our camp sight.

The day that I was to leave we did some shooting at this tree, I had a M1 carbine .30 cal and my .45 Kimber and we started blasting at this tree with a thirty round clip in the M1 carbine and just having fun. X was supposed to show up that day Sunday and meet up with us but he never did and just missed us by an hour. Now I was the last to leave the camp sight, so I was alone in the camp site and everything seemed normal when I left. X showed up at the camp site about an hour later and when he did he reported that the camp site was completely a mess. He reported that the heavy logs were sitting around the fire pit were tossed around and this big huge log was lodged in-between these two trees with some force. The two tracks had this other log that was tossed across the trail and an up rooted pine was up in this other pine about ten feet up in the air. The whole thing was a mess and we attributed to the shots that we fired with the guns. We came to a conclusion that these creatures were upset that we had fired our guns like mad men and that these creatures did not like it. So we came up with a pact that we would never fire our guns again nor will we flash our lights in the dark at them either. We did this pact while we were at this camp sight and we did it so that they could hear us.

My next trip up there to Oscoda County was still in October but I tried to get people to listen to me and get someone from the research community to get there and investigate this but no one wanted to listen. Instead I was criticized and really put down for reporting something that was unusual and spectacular. I was called all kinds of stuff that you can think of but I kept to what I saw and never changed. One person did listen who did come who I will call thermo, now thermo had a thermo camera and we were determine to get these creatures on camera in some shape or form. Thermo arrived in Detroit on jet on a Friday and he picked me up from my house and we left for up north. Thermo did have experience in Alaska with bears and all so I felt comfortable about him as we chatted all the way up north on the details of what we had encountered. Little did I know that this weekend would be the most emotional weekend I would ever have with those creatures? These creatures have already left me scared and nervous and with good reason. They were stealthy and in my soul I felt that they could kill me anytime they ever wanted too but yet I am still here. That is what I cannot not understand about these creatures, the why were they still hanging around? What was it about us that they were interested? There was no reasoning behind the encounters that we had? To this day these questions still go off in my head with no answers.

Well thermo and I finally made it to J house to meet him and set out to our camp site. As we arrived at our camp site and set up our camp and we were done with what we had to do we set out and started exploring the area where we found the prints which were still there but fainted. The up rooted trees were still in the same places and everything looked normal. The first night it was rainy and in fact on all the encounters it has always either rained one day out of that weekend, but I believe that we did have the peanut butter jar missing that night. It was on the second night that events began to take place. The first event that took place was when us three took a walk down to a creek because thermo needed some water, so we all went together to the creek as we were walking back we heard a owl call coming from our camp site so J repeated the call in return. As we got closer to the campsite we could make out something at our camp site that looked like vapor or transparent in a form of a being. Then I started getting this weird feeling come over me, like electrical charge or a tingling sensation. It is hard to describe but whatever it was it was strange and it was just not me it was the others who was feeling it as well and we were all seeing that being as well. Whatever was at our camp site gave a hoot and j hooted back and it left. We knew it left because we lost that strange feeling that had came over us. That was the first time I had experience being zapped and once it happens to you, you cannot forget it.

As we arrived at our campsite from the creek we started checking the campsite to see what was missing that is when J found the peanut butter jar it was placed by a pine and it was crazy. But looking back one can say that it could have been a trickery of the eye by J claiming it was a SAS when it could have been him. But you were not there and you did not feel what we felt at the site. How could something with this much intelligence be called a primate. Whether J was trying to trick us or whatever is not going to change the fact of what I saw on the starlight scope or what I felt in those woods with those creatures. Later that night those creatures returned the came down by the two tracks, J for some reason got up and started to walk towards the two tracks and I started to follow with the starlight scope while thermo was scoping the south west area of the fire pit while we were heading towards the south east of the fire pit. J kept walking towards the fence of the two tracks and I kept on following, we finally got the gate where I stopped and j kept going. As I stared into the starlight I see this heavy set creature swaying back and forth. It was odd to see it do this because it seem like it was in a trance but I do not know. I then look to the right of me and see this other figure which was much smaller about my size which I am 5’11†and it looked naked . As I turned towards it with the scope it seemed scared and looked like it ran back into the forest but stopped and ran back. It seem to always stay hunch over and arms hanging down and legs bent like it was ready to jump or run. I could not see hair because it was dark and all I could see was just a shadow of the figure so the hair must have been dark.I know it was thin. J friend was also there and he spotted the other one on the left side and that scared him a little bit. J was busy with the bigger one which was still swaying back and forth. I tried to contact thermo on the radio so that he could get the thermo on these creatures but for some reason we were having trouble I believe. When he finally heard me and turned around he caught just a little bit of them leaving through the forest.

Ok it is now Midnight and I am tired so I go to bed and thermo and J stay up. They decide to go the creek and leave me in the tent sleeping which is not a bad idea .But now I am at camp alone and right near my tent about 3’ from my head sits a bag of good a** salmon that thermo caught in Oregon and shared with us. Well about 1:00am I started hearing commotion around the camp I had my gun with me just in case of a bear that refused to leave. I laid there listening to what was outside my tent calling on my radio to thermo to come quickly but again the radio did not work ( I mean these things come around at least the radio could at least work).I did want to peek outside but I did not wanted to spook what eve it was that was out there so I kept my gun in my hand but I never chambered a round. Kept calling on the radio and yet no answer. It was not until I heard their voices that I came out of the tent and told them what I experienced. That is when I found out that the salmon was gone and that the top of the prune can was missing and that they had left us a nice size rock. A sizable rock that could have smashed my head in if they wanted too. They looked at it as a gift but I looked at it as a defensive weapon .Why would they go into a camp site with a rock in their hand? They do not have no weapons of any kind they are primitive so they use what is available. Well that is my opinion. Crap they left the rock behind because they found something more important food or high protein. Now that is primitive don’t you think? Here is the kicker in this one, I had placed a trail cam right where that salmon was so I should have had a picture of this creature taking the salmon. My biggest mistake and I am not so sure if I regret it was that I had placed tape on the motion sensor of the camera trap. I often wonder what would of happen if that tape was not on that trail cam, would I still be alive or would we have been looking at a dead biggie right now. In my heart I believe I made the right choice by leaving the tape on.

The next day it was cold and ice and we just digested at what had happen the night before, thermo packed his things and I packed mine and we returned to our not so normal lives.

I have more encounters with witnesses in the same area of Oscoda County.

Sometimes you just gotta say what you've gotta say.

Sounds like a load off your chest though julio.

Thanks for sharing.