Bff Member Sightings/ Please No Questions Or Discussion Of A Members Sightings.

TedSallis

^^ Thanks for sharing your story, 1980squatch.  Very detailed; your writing skills are great.  My hackles were certainly raised!  So glad you made it out OK.

• 10 months later...

My 2 experiences but not sightings

Last year (Feb 2014) I was sitting for hours at my ground blind down in the creek bottoms looking for hogs. Sometime around mid day I heard a "WHOOP". This is at a time when all of the hunters are gone and I was the only one around for miles. That was near stubblefield rec area in the Sam Houston National Forest

This January I am out exploring new places to hog hunt by Cleveland TX in the Sam Houston National Forest again and I come across this structure. before I found this structure I was creeped out in this place.  Not sure why but I felt on edge in those woods for some reason.

I am now not only a hog hunter but now I am a bigfoot tracker. Looking for more signs of the big fella. Fascinating subject and quite intriguing. 

post-25021-0-41712200-1441899761_thumb.j

post-25021-0-25509600-1441899780_thumb.j

post-25021-0-43192100-1441899806_thumb.j

post-25021-0-27676200-1441899831_thumb.j

I posted my possible Class B encounter on another thread, where a witness observed a juvenile Sasquatch whimpering but I thought it should probably be here as well

Date: May 27th, 2013 - Memorial Day
State or Province: Idaho
Nearest Town: Malad. Very close to another account several years ago.

This account reminds me of an experience I had a couple years back in SE Idaho, when I, along with my son and nephew, went down an ATV path to retrieve a broken down ATV. Most of the way along the trail, it was thin scrub oak, and aspen, but as we got to the hollow where the broken ATV was, the canopy and foliage thickened significantly until it was much darker.

There was also a different feeling in this area. It wasn't dread, or fear, but more awareness, as if there was something there. I remember thinking to myself as I saw where the ATV was, that I just wanted to hurry and get it and get out. We got the ATV hitched to a good ATV we had brought, and my nephew and son started towing it up and out. I ran along behind, but as I couldn’t keep up, I started falling back. They went around a bend in the path about 25 yards ahead of me. It was then that I heard a whimpering sound in the dense brush behind me that I initially assumed was a dog or coyote. From the sound of it, I figured it could not have been more than 10 or 15 feet away. I stopped and turned to look. The sound was so close that I was sure I would see what it was. And though the foliage was thick here, it wasn't like it was the Cascades, so I should have been able to see whatever made that noise, but I couldn’t see anything, which I admit made me somewhat tense.

I turned again to head up the hill, and after walking about 25 yards to the bend ahead, I heard the whimpering sound once again, and it sounded like it was still only 10 to 15 feet away. I can't explain the next part, but though it sounded like a canine to my ears, I had the distinct feeling that it was not a canine. There was just something different about it, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. It wasn't a painful whimper, but more like a playful, or attention seeking whimper. There was no other noise such as movement in the brush, like a dog or coyote would make. For several moments I looked and searched, but I couldn't see anything. 

Eventually, not wanting my group to get too far ahead of me, I ran up to catch up, but all the way out of that hollow, I had the distinct feeling we were being watched. Of course, I can't rule out a dog/coyote, and Occam's razor tells me that it was it probably was. But though it has been two years since that time, in my gut I can't shake the feeling that it was something different.

Patterson-Gimlin

Thank you all for sharing your experiences.  As most know here  I dismiss eyewitness accounts .Now, having said that  I enjoyed all of your accounts and found 

JohnCartwright's daylight sighting the most intriguing. 

Thank you all for sharing your experiences.  As most know here  I dismiss eyewitness accounts .Now, having said that  I enjoyed all of your accounts and found 

JohnCartwright's daylight sighting the most intriguing. 

I'm curious as to what you mean by "dismiss".   Are you saying that they are all due to misidentifcation or fabrication?

I am saying they offer very little in the way of proof without supporting evidence.

Well, eyewitness accounts are generally acknowledged as evidence.  I mean, sure, if the person in question is a known conman or something, that's not very strong evidence, but if they are well respected and have a good history, I think that is still under the umbrella of evidence.  If you trust the person who has the sighting, why is there a need for something more to support it? 

Patterson-Gimlin

Certainly what you  describe is understandable in many cases, but when one is describing an unknown or unclassified unproven creature. Then it is logical to require and expect additional evidence.  Many eyewitnesses claim many highly doubtful things, such as alien abduction ,space  visitors, vampires, all sorts of mythical beasts. I don't think it is to much to expect additional proof to these claims . If one is to make an exception with Sasquatch,  Should these other extraordinary claims get the same benefit ?

Certainly what you  describe is understandable in many cases, but when one is describing an unknown or unclassified unproven creature. Then it is logical to require and expect additional evidence.  Many eyewitnesses claim many highly doubtful things, such as alien abduction ,space  visitors, vampires, all sorts of mythical beasts. I don't think it is to much to expect additional proof to these claims . If one is to make an exception with Sasquatch,  Should these other extraordinary claims get the same benefit ?

I am not saying that sightings alone can or will prove the existence of BF.  What I am saying is that I think it's unfair and unwise to "dismiss" them as virtually meaningless.   They DO matter, they do count as evidence.

As far as the other sightings you compare them to (and are often unfairly compared to), do you honestly feel that trustworthy, respected people are seeing vampires in the same numbers, with the same degree of similarity, as they are seeing BF?

Patterson-Gimlin

No. I certainly agree there are far more sightings of  Sasquatch.  The results are the same sadly. It would appear neither one exists.  I wish Sasquatch did.  Hopefully, that will not be the case someday soon, but  I highly doubt it. I want to be wrong. So far other than the Patterson creature there is very little to support the creatures existense Certainly not sightings with no  additional  evidence.

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin
chelefoot

^ I know you were just answering Ted's questions, but let's get back on topic. You guys feel free to continue your discussion in the Does it Exist thread.

Thanks!

Very interesting thread.

I never had a sighting but back in the early 1990s.

I was at my grandparents farm near Swan River,Manitoba. Their farm was near a provincial park called Turtle mountain. It's thick bush and lots of lakes/marshes and hilly.

Their house was near a small ravine. My sister and I would spend countless hours in the bush at the bottom of the ravine and also there was a small creek at the bottom.

One day in the summer months, I was exploring with my sister in the bush and I was taking pictures of different animal tracks that where along the creek. Most where deer tracks and my grandparents two dogs and moose.

I then spotted a track that was going up the small hill towards the back of the house. And it looked like it slid a little. It was a large footprint that I know was not from my grandparents they couldn't of gotten to that spot down the hill plus they don't walk barefoot in the bush.

Being that I was young at this time I didn't know what a Bigfoot was and I never knew to take a picture of it with an everyday object like a pen for scale but i did take a picture of it unfortunately I have lost it.

My aunt had an experience at the farm one late spring evening. My aunt came running into the house explaining that when she was pulling into the drive way.

The car headlights illuminated some hay bales and behind the hay bales she saw eye shine and whatever it was , was very tall and they where not anything she has seen before. (She grew up at the farm)

• 3 months later...

I have a question though not about any sightings. ArE sightings allowed if you are un certain of what you saw? You know it was not a bear or a deer or a person but not sure what it is you saw? I'm being serious