Do you have clear photos or video of a Bigfoot ?

4 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Anyone ever wonder why some monkey in South America thought to be extinct can be accepted by science from simply a photograph but the bar for acceptance of BF is nothing short of a still warm BF on a lab table?     Add to that denials by F & W,   USFS,  and the National Park Service.    The whole thing defies a simple explanation.     I wonder from the powerful forces at work,   if a BF on a lab table would even be enough.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_World_monkey_species

I think it’s pretty easy to understand. The list is extensive, almost boringly so. Not so much for extant bipedal ape men.

BFF Patron
36 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I'd like to see a list of those denials. The only one I know of was the letter out of New York that I posted somewhere.

If you want denials just ask them face to face.    The WA DNR ignored an information request I made via email.     The USFS and National Park Service have denied knowledge about BF at different situations for me.        Me or my hiking companion simply naively ask if they know of sightings in their area when we stop by a Ranger station in a new area.   The answer so far as been no except in one case down in Oregon.     That Ranger said someone had reported a sighting.   She was an older woman and probably had been there for a long time.    We drove out to the area and looked around since we were camping nearby.    That was up NF-19 out of Oakridge Oregon.    River runs through the area so I would say it would be likely BF habitat.   I don't wear BF T shirts or indicate I know anything about the subject.     That makes me suspicious when BFRO reports have encounters in an area and some of them report having notified a Ranger who don't seem know anything about it.        Even if I did not have personal experience,   I would probably say I have heard of reports if I was a Ranger.   You would not have to say you believe them.    Unless, as I suspect,  their official policy is to deny it.   I will continue to ask,  just in case another Ranger feels like being honest.   

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

...That was up NF-19 out of Oakridge Oregon.    River runs through the area so I would say it would be likely BF habitat.  ...

I know that area well. I am up there every week or three. I have heard plenty of reports from that area from locals that I talk to. The Rangers have never admitted it, though. And I have asked several of them. It is a beautiful area. Very lush, green, and plenty of water. Plenty of places to hide, too. 

16 hours ago, hiflier said:

^^ I would like to add to that: An admission by F&W.

My ex teammate I spoke of. 

Told me he had heard  reports and examined footprints that were unusual. 

He said the people who had spoken to him seemed credible. 

His superiors told him to not take reports seriously and to caution his direct reports to do the same. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Tangled-Design

This thread has gone as far off topic as a wanderer in the woods! On that note: not asking for pictures, but those members who do have 'photos close to the chest', are any of them as good as PGF? Anyone holding onto something that they think would be a game-changer if they did release it?

7 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

My ex teammate I spoke of. 

Told me he had heard  reports and examined footprints that were unusual. 

He said the people who had spoken to him seemed credible. 

His superiors told him to not take reports seriously and to caution his direct reports to do the same. 

Thank you, Patterson-Gimlin. Nice follow up.

15 hours ago, NorthWind said:

I know that area well. I am up there every week or three. I have heard plenty of reports from that area from locals that I talk to. The Rangers have never admitted it, though. And I have asked several of them. It is a beautiful area. Very lush, green, and plenty of water. Plenty of places to hide, too. 

I don't know it well but I know it.  I left Eugene in '96.    I used to do FR-19 as a loop fishing a few times a year.    Amazing country.    Since I moved down here, I still hit it every few years but instead of going back into Eugene, from Oakridge I continue south past Hills Creek Rez up the middle fork of the WIlly, then drop into the North Umpqua in Kelsay Valley, past Diamond Lake, and down the Rogue.    Usually a 2-3-4 day trip with a lot of fishing along the way.   I picked up some BF reports recently I want to look into 'cause they come from different years, people who don't know each other, none published to copycat from, but they're all from in or adjacent to the same gravel crush pit.  Hmmmmm.

MIB

BFF Patron

The FR-19 location was the result of talking to campground hosts then asking the Forest Ranger on duty about the sighting report the campground host mentioned.      She had heard about that report.  That to me is a reasonable way to ferret information out of the Forest Service yet protect them from any directives they might have to comply with.      The object for me not being to catch a lie or cover up but find a likely place to go and look for BF.     Country stores are another good place to ask for reports.     Many of these never get in the BFRO data base.    Again I never let on I am a researcher but a concerned city person who does not want to blunder into anything too scary in the woods.    The country store people are normally eager to talk about it.  

^^^^ Talking to people at local stores is a pretty good plan.   Some are just seasonal workers from out of area but some will have been part of the community for generations and will know the local lore very well.    It's worth trying to talk to the campground hosts.   Anymore, many of the campgrounds, even USFS campgrounds, are operated by concessionaires, not USFS personnel, so you might have a chance of getting past an sort of cover-up ... if there is one.  

MIB

BFF Patron

I recently had a waitress at a small country diner who said she was from a family with three generations of loggers.   I asked if her father or grandfather had any bigfoot encounter stories.      I got a funny look but she did not know of any.   She was chatty enough that if she had heard any stories I bet she would have told me.    Another woman running a small store volunteered that she had relatives who had encounters when she mentioned BF.   Often these places have merchandise that is BF related.     I use that sort of thing to start the conversations.     Sometimes I think we are more afraid of ridicule than we are BF themselves.    

On 5/24/2019 at 7:32 AM, MIB said:

I don't know it well but I know it.  I left Eugene in '96.    I used to do FR-19 as a loop fishing a few times a year.    Amazing country.    Since I moved down here, I still hit it every few years but instead of going back into Eugene, from Oakridge I continue south past Hills Creek Rez up the middle fork of the WIlly, then drop into the North Umpqua in Kelsay Valley, past Diamond Lake, and down the Rogue.    Usually a 2-3-4 day trip with a lot of fishing along the way.   I picked up some BF reports recently I want to look into 'cause they come from different years, people who don't know each other, none published to copycat from, but they're all from in or adjacent to the same gravel crush pit.  Hmmmmm.

MIB

I have been noticing that, too...sometimes apparent activity near gravel pits  quarries. I wonder if there is any correlation. Don't know why there would be, but it is interesting. I have noticed ravens, too, when I get into an area. A raven will come, squawk at me, then fly off in a beeline somewhere way off deep in the woods, and then return a few minutes later to circle above me, almost like they are pointing me out to someone. Or something. Anyway, it's happened numerous times. 

14 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

I have been noticing that, too...sometimes apparent activity near gravel pits  quarries. I wonder if there is any correlation. Don't know why there would be, but it is interesting. I have noticed ravens, too, when I get into an area. A raven will come, squawk at me, then fly off in a beeline somewhere way off deep in the woods, and then return a few minutes later to circle above me, almost like they are pointing me out to someone. Or something. Anyway, it's happened numerous times. 

The data from Washington state also seems to indicate that gravel pits seem to draw attention.   I have wondered if it has to do with the draw of rodent and reptile populations in these areas, deer and elk like them also for exposed mineral access. 

On 5/21/2019 at 7:14 PM, Yetie9 said:

.........Please excuse my negativity.   What would it hurt to show a picture of good evidence etc?..........

That's a question for Bob Gimlin to answer. And believe me, he has an answer. Fifty years of skeptic negativity aimed directly at him. Publicly. Openly. Repeatedly. Unrelenting.

Rick Noll could probably say something about that, too.

There's an old saying about slaying dragons: you know you've cut him when his screams get deafening and his flaming breath blasts you.

On 5/23/2019 at 5:40 AM, hiflier said:

^ I would like to add to that: An admission by F&W.

I wouldn't believe those guys if they told me that the sun was going to rise tomorrow morning. They'd lie even if the truth sounded better.

On 5/23/2019 at 9:04 AM, SWWASAS said:

Anyone ever wonder why some monkey in South America thought to be extinct can be accepted by science from simply a photograph but the bar for acceptance of BF is nothing short of a still warm BF on a lab table?........

Yup. In depth. My conclusion, again, is that sasquatches are a human species, governments throughout the northern hemisphere know this, and they don't want the legal class and the populace to know they exist because of the legal, social, and religious headaches this would create. So they discourage discovery with willful disinterest, ridicule, and low impact active measures to collect carcasses and fossils before they openly create sensation.

23 minutes ago, Huntster said:

So they discourage discovery with willful disinterest, ridicule, and low impact active measures to collect carcasses and fossils before they openly create sensation.

Sounds like that would be just short of government actively creating those carcasses?

• gigantor unfeatured this topic