HOLDMYBEER

CONVERSATION WITH AL DEATLEY

ShadowBorn
BFF Donor

Bob Gimlin did sue Al for an out of court settlement as it shows here http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/seattle-times1999.htm where Bob was not receiving his "share of the films proceeds " which was settled out of court. So there was money involved in the filming of this creature. What ever happen between these men I am sure that they do not want to open up old wounds.  Now again this is all speculation and am in no way saying that this could be true. But If Al was to come out and say that this was just a hoax . What do you think would happen in terms of legality. How many people have been tricked if the truth was that this whole mess was just a hoax? The skeptics would be having there fun and screaming" I told you so" .  The ones who are on the fence would now become skeptics . The ones who have actually seen these creatures would not effect them one bit. But would make it even harder to accept what they saw . Most importantly sightings I believe would drop increasingly since people would most less likely to report them for fear of disbelief. It would be a domino effect on all parts. Since this film is like the Holy Grail of all sightings that has been held up for years. Again this all speculation on my part. 

Cotter
On 5/1/2019 at 11:05 AM, Backdoc said:

What kind of info could Al really have?

Of course, the old dried up suit hanging in his office!!

;-)

• Upvote 1

Backdoc

Q:  Al's public statements about the PGF/Bigfoot.

Have there been some Bigfoot-type shows to feature Al in a show?  

I am curious if we have many public statements by Al regarding anything PGF- wise.  I realize there is an interview related in Long's Book.

Bill

Al is on camera and talking about the PGF for a good part of the first 30 minute reel of the theatrical program he and Roger showed around the country. A DVD of that 30 minute film is available, although I don't know who sells or distributes it.  I saw the film actually projected at a Bigfoot symposium hosted by Mike Rugg in Northern CA a few years back, when someone donated that film reel to his museum. I don't recall what Al said but he speaks for considerable time on the film.

• Thanks 1

Backdoc
6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Al is on camera and talking about the PGF for a good part of the first 30 minute reel of the theatrical program he and Roger showed around the country. A DVD of that 30 minute film is available, although I don't know who sells or distributes it.  I saw the film actually projected at a Bigfoot symposium hosted by Mike Rugg in Northern CA a few years back, when someone donated that film reel to his museum. I don't recall what Al said but he speaks for considerable time on the film.

Thanks as always Bill.

Being an important player at some level, it would be nice to hear more from him.   Good to know that reel even exists.

SweatyYeti
3 hours ago, Cotter said:

Of course, the old dried up suit hanging in his office!!

;-)

Actually....some years ago, I was able to get a picture of the suit, in Al's home...

PattySuit_On_Display1.jpg

What baffles me, though, about the "Patty suit being on display in Al's home"....is why Al only thinks the film is a hoax...but doesn't really know it, for sure.

Maybe he just hasn't noticed the danged thing, as of yet. :) 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

MIB
BFF Donor
38 minutes ago, SweatyYeti said:

What baffles me, though, about the "Patty suit being on display in Al's home"....is why Al only thinks the film is a hoax...but doesn't really know it, for sure.

Maybe he thinks it is a fake suit.   :)

MIB

Bill

There are three options for what the suit is, if we assume it actually is in Al's office:

1. It's the real "hoax" suit used to fake the PGF.

2. It's a suit Roger got (and possibly put Bob H. in for a recreation filming) but it isn't the PGF Patty, who is real.

3. It's a suit Al had made as a replica for use during the theatrical tour of the film, having a guy put on the suit and walk around the theater lobby, as a promo gimmick.

In my opinion, #1 is impossible because what we see in the PGF simply is not a suit. #2 and #3 have equal probability, in my opinion.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

ShadowBorn
BFF Donor

SweatyYeti

That picture is way to funny. But soon this history will be lost by time and the people that follow will have no idea what took place when these people that were involve with the PGF are gone. So how important is it to get this right now when kids that are young start asking questions and see this film. A film of some thing that could be real or not is shown in their future. I still go back to when I was a kid and seen this film on TV and was so amazed at what I saw. As a kid you can not tell what you are seeing on TV is real or not only that it is on the tube. I mean I am talking back in the 70's and I was only maybe 7 so my mind was not that point where I could make judgement of what was being reported on TV.

You know how they talk on how things are being programmed into us through our TV's now but back then there was no such talk of it . So when you seen this creature on the tv back then well there was only one thing one could think and that was it was real. maybe I am off topic. But the more I have been getting into the PGF part of the forum the more I want to learn of what took place those days. If it all started from Ray Wallace and worked it's way to Roger and Bob then we have some thing. If Roger took this film and sent it to Al and received it the next day and the film was ready that same day.But it was not shown until Monday or maybe even Sunday to whom to ever. Then why would Al stay silent now as it has been said in the start of this thread.

If there is a suit that is out there I am not even worried about that suit. I have seen the recreations and no one has been able to come close to what is on the PGF.I think that if Al wants to stay silent about what he knows he has every right to and for my self personally I am ok with it. He has earned every right to it.  

ThinkAboutPools
Posted (edited)

What if it was a real Sasquatch wearing a refined Morris gorilla costume and the answer to the "real or fake" question is "yes"!

Edited by ThinkAboutPools

OldMort

Thanks HMB.

Looks like Al had an excellent life and took his secrets to the grave.

RIP Mr. DeAtley...

• Upvote 1

SackScratch
13 hours ago, OldMort said:

Thanks HMB.

Looks like Al had an excellent life and took his secrets to the grave.

RIP Mr. DeAtley...

I googled him it said he died 1 day after the 52nd anniversary of the Patty Film!  Maybe his family will dig around in his belongings and be willing to sell the second reel that Patterson filmed of the Patty trackway that mysteriously vanished after he screened it in British Columbia or even a vault containing who knows what, the Patty Film De-Bunker's think he had s vault in his home with secret movie reels and the Patty Suit!!  Typically family will auction off everything to the highest bidder soon after a death or throw the stuff away!  One of my Grandmother's was still warm in the grave while my Grandfather was selling off her coin collection she spent 50+ years collecting, selling her clothes and Antique collections at yard sales, sold her piano, car, jewelry, and burned the rest in a barrel in the back yard!  At they had a pretty good marriage, lasted 55+ years... He got re-married soon after, his Karma came when his new wife had him cremated after his death to save money and immediately sold off all his stuff the same way!

Anyone on here in Yakima??  If so watch for Yard Sales at his home!!!  Might be a box of movie reels or who knows what!!! 

Daniel Perez

Responding to SackScratch: Al DeAtley may have had the second reel of the P-G film at one time but when Roger Patterson died Pat Patterson had it in her possession. When I spoke with her at her home in Yakima in 2009 she told me that she loaned it to the BBC, naively, thinking she would get it back but never did. So that second reel is in the massive BBC vaults as per Roger's widow, and I believe there was some paperwork involved as well. This was around 1975 or thereabouts. Some additional details about Al DeAtley will be published in the November 2019 issue of the Bigfoot Times. (www.bigfoottimes.net)

Daniel Perez

Keep in mind the P-G film was developed by an "acquaintance" of Roger Pattersons. It is not known whether Al DeAtley knew who this person was. In one of my posts on these forums I have written about this acquaintance.