The Denisovans of Tibet..

Whistler

Again, the most interesting aspect is that "re-examination" revealed that this was Denisovan. Why didn't the initial examination reveal that? How did the sliver of finger bone in the Denisova Cave re-write history? How many more Denisovans are we going to find among already categorized fossils?

The obvious question this leads to is:

how many sasquatch fossils are sitting in specimen drawers worldwide while the Michael Shermers of the world continue to deny that any fossils exist?

• gigantor featured this topic
20 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Again, the most interesting aspect is that "re-examination" revealed that this was Denisovan. Why didn't the initial examination reveal that? How did the sliver of finger bone in the Denisova Cave re-write history? How many more Denisovans are we going to find among already categorized fossils?

The obvious question this leads to is:

how many sasquatch fossils are sitting in specimen drawers worldwide while the Michael Shermers of the world continue to deny that any fossils exist?

It’s very possible.

I also liked that they were living in regions we thought impossible until we showed up. :) 

So the land of the Yeti was precolonized by archaic humans.....what’s next? North America?

• Upvote 1

The finger bone from Denisovan Cave was described as "robust", and it was believed to be of a young female. So how "robust" is this jawbone? What do any remaining teeth say of the creature? Was this Tibetan cave ever dug/sifted?

BFF Patron

All you have to do is look at he history of dinosaur paleontology to realize how messed up science could be with relation to bigfoot.   They were collecting dinosaur bones in England and basically misidentifying what they were or proclaiming they were an outright hoax.   One theory there incorporate the Bible was that dinosaurs existed in a previous version of the earth, not the present one.      I think American paleontologists that were able to extract complete dinosaur fossils started making sense of things first since the geology of the fossil fields of central North America is simpler than the British Isles.  However in this country,   the Smithsonian has had political appointees in charge that could not put their religious beliefs aside to accept current science.    I think a lot of that explains the disappearance of large humanoid  skeletons shipped there during the late 1800s.   When main stream science cannot explain something, it is often just ignored as a paradox.   

Edited by SWWASAS

4 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

..........the Smithsonian has had political appointees in charge that could not put their religious beliefs aside to accept current science.........

Now the Smithsonian (along with every other area of government) has political appointees who treat science as a religious belief, and insist that everybody else does, too.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

And? Good?

There is no speaking (well, they speak but in a primitive language and there are no subtitles).

If you're just looking for something to watch and are into the subject, worth the hour and a half or so.

A similar story about the Andean girl they found who was supposedly sacrificed could be of similar interest.

Admin
On 5/2/2019 at 5:27 PM, SWWASAS said:

All you have to do is look at he history of dinosaur paleontology to realize how messed up science could be with relation to bigfoot.  

This comment made me do some research about paleontology and their mistakes. I found this TED talk showing how bad some scientific assumptions have been, very illuminating. For example, he shows how scientists claimed the two dinosaurs below were different species, but they are the same animal. He shows many more examples.

firefox_2019-05-04_00-24-12.png

Here is the video:

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2019 at 12:15 PM, NatFoot said:

I watched this movie last night:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iceman_2019

There is an older movie titled "Iceman". made in 1984. Arctic researchers find a 40,000 year old man frozen in ice. They bring him back to life. They face the dilemma of what to do with him. Kind of a drama movie. Been a while since I saw it. I think they believed him to be on a 'dream quest' when he was trapped in ice.  In the end, they turn him loose.

8 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

There is an older movie titled "Iceman". made in 1984. Arctic researchers find a 40,000 year old man frozen in ice. They bring him back to life. They face the dilemma of what to do with him. Kind of a drama movie. Been a while since I saw it. I think they believed him to be on a 'dream quest' when he was trapped in ice.  In the end, they turn him loose.

.........His dream quest continued in the modern world. He became a big game hunter, salmon slayer, and became infatuated with finding himself a sasquatch bride. He frequented an internet forum on Bigfoot and became known as the Huntster. He ended up married to a human female who was more than he could handle. He never did find the sasquatch love of his life, and ended up digging a hole in the Knik Glacier in Alaska, jumping in, and pulling the ice shavings in over himself.

• Haha 3

BFF Patron
3 hours ago, Huntster said:

.........His dream quest continued in the modern world. He became a big game hunter, salmon slayer, and became infatuated with finding himself a sasquatch bride. He frequented an internet forum on Bigfoot and became known as the Huntster. He ended up married to a human female who was more than he could handle. He never did find the sasquatch love of his life, and ended up digging a hole in the Knik Glacier in Alaska, jumping in, and pulling the ice shavings in over himself.

Only to be found again in 2019 when he melted out of the glacier?  

We have a finger and a jawbone from a Denisovan and science seems to have nailed downsthe morphology of the species.     Yet the Ted Talk about dinosaurs shows how easy it is to be wrong with stuff like that.  

Edited by SWWASAS

• gigantor unfeatured this topic