norseman

What if the PGF did not exist?

Celtic Raider
15 hours ago, norseman said:

I’m a member of the BCHA Ferry county chapter. Back country horsemen.

Ive been packing in the wilderness since I was about 19. No luck yet. I did see tracks in winter as a kid with my father on our own ranch.

We are packed into the Frank Church wilderness about 30 miles to a place called Club meadows. Shot a 5x5 bull outta there. I was 26 years old. 2nd from left.

Its possible that I just do not go into the right areas. I’m mostly a Rocky Mtn guy. I have spent just a small amount of time in the Cascades.

Hi Norseman,

I seem to remember you were planning some kind of trip a while ago, maybe with a boat? It's been a hectic time for me recently with adopting a little girl and losing my job putting everything into a spin! Gradually putting everything back together now and getting back to normal.

It's obviously difficult for people who work full time and are not swimming in cash but it seems to me the way to go would be to spend a while, maybe a week or so in an area of recent reported sightings with a small, self contained team on horseback and follow the waterways in day time, I think that vocals at night are interesting but anything like thermal or blurry shapes on night vision does nothing really to move the needle or convince. Whilst a body or body parts would be unequivocal, if we were able to capture a new high definition, unambiguous film - say something similar to the PGF with modern, good quality equipment I think that would move the needle enough to generate some genuine interest from the scientific community - though I know you're a proponent of only a body is good enough.

norseman
10 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

Hi Norseman,

I seem to remember you were planning some kind of trip a while ago, maybe with a boat? It's been a hectic time for me recently with adopting a little girl and losing my job putting everything into a spin! Gradually putting everything back together now and getting back to normal.

It's obviously difficult for people who work full time and are not swimming in cash but it seems to me the way to go would be to spend a while, maybe a week or so in an area of recent reported sightings with a small, self contained team on horseback and follow the waterways in day time, I think that vocals at night are interesting but anything like thermal or blurry shapes on night vision does nothing really to move the needle or convince. Whilst a body or body parts would be unequivocal, if we were able to capture a new high definition, unambiguous film - say something similar to the PGF with modern, good quality equipment I think that would move the needle enough to generate some genuine interest from the scientific community - though I know you're a proponent of only a body is good enough.

Ive only hit the Columbia and the Pend Oreille. Still wanna do Chelan. The jet sled is a great tool for checking shorelines and checking for tracks.